• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans Go! Premier... Internet cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

I'm still in shock that they cancelled it when it was in it's prime in both story and ratings(?) because they wanted more IRL shit

pathetic

EDIT: please don't tell me that Raven is playing with MLP. Jesus

Is Raven... smiling? And playing with pony dolls?

60Cm2c8.gif

The "internet fanbase" should quit whining. It's a damn 11 minute flash cartoon.

It's a full 26-episode season.

Avixph

Ugh I know with their stupid sexy cosplays and for some reason they never want to date me. Doesn't matter anyway, they probably don't even know who Donna Troy is. :mad:

Anyways. I'd be much more okay with these decisions if another more serious superhero cartoon was showing along side it. Well, I guess that's what Beware the Batman is for.

Eh. Guess this wasn't going to be a show aimed towards me anyways.
Harsh.:'(

Nudull

Banned
Wondered if GAF was even going to bother with an OT for this. That first episode was tragic, but I guess I'm just out of the demographic.

ReiGun

DC should just do a "Titans" tv show: time jump like 5 years with everyone being older. The fanbase would love that shit.

Wondered if GAF was even going to bother with an OT for this. That first episode was tragic, but I guess I'm just out of the demographic.
Not really, if you expect a sequel of the original show in he same way then yes you're going to be disappointed, but if you think on this as a reboot with the same characters with some silly humor, then you may find this show ok or even good.

Original Teen Titans was much better than Young Justice.
even the shorts were better than this.

the Pony thing doesn't bother me, despite hating it I think its supposed to be a Tara Strong inside joke.

Nudull

Banned
Not really, if you expect a sequel of the original show in he same way then yes you're going to be disappointed, but if you think on this as a reboot with the same characters with some silly humor, then you may find this show ok or even good.

Thing is, even from that angle, it seems to already fail, so far, IMO. It's like Cartoon Network went out of their way to piss of Teen Titans fans and GL/YJ fans in one fell swoop, just for kicks. Who is this show for?

You put too much faith in ignorant fangirls.

There were an insane amount of people wanting a new season of Teen Titans due to the series ending with a frustrating cliffhanger.

65 episodes is the syndication cash-in number for most kids shows, and that's the number the series ended at.

nothing to do with fangirls and everything with toys.

Ugh I know with their stupid sexy cosplays and for some reason they never want to date me. Doesn't matter anyway, they probably don't even know who Donna Troy is. :mad:

Anyways. I'd be much more okay with these decisions if another more serious superhero cartoon was showing along side it. Well, I guess that's what Beware the Batman is for.

Eh. Guess this wasn't going to be a show aimed towards me anyways.

if the rumors are true CN isn't thrilled with the new Batman show and will just burn through the episodes.

The "internet fanbase" should quit whining. It's a damn 11 minute flash cartoon.

22 minutes for 26 episodes.

even the shorts were better than this.

the Pony thing doesn't bother me, despite hating it I think its supposed to be a Tara Strong inside joke.

GET.OUT.

Season 2 of YJ was god awful.
introduce all those new characters and do nothing with them.
Old characters get no development,
Nightwing sits around the entire season doing nothing, finally has to get into action... nope we skip over that part.

Cheshire & Red Arrow are the only characters that actually look good coming out of it.
Season one was great but two completely blew it. Such a waste.

Teen Titans everyone had balanced screentime and development.
Slade was a better villain than The Light,
and TT actually has one of(if not) the best interpretations of Robin.

Gorillaz

Honestly the whole "TT 5 years later" could have worked, it really could have worked.

Just have the team come back together for some reason after a huge falling out. But honestly that ship has sailed years ago.

Teen Titans ended in 2006. The regime change that brought about the CN Real bullshit didn't happen until 2007.

IT was basically the beginning of the shift though, they slowly began shifting everything into place.

Now losing Toonami back then was the final blow.

IT was basically the beginning of the shift though, they slowly began shifting everything into place.

No, Teen Titans ending had nothing to do with the live action shift. The regime change I was referring to was with the network executives, as many of them left after the 2007 Boston Bomb Scare, and their replacements were the ones that made the push towards live action shows.

So if Beware the Batman ends up being good it's just going to get canceled. Maybe Warner Bros. Animation just needs to start their own channel or something.

VeeP

It really wasn't. Not by a long shot.

Season 2 of YJ was god awful.
introduce all those new characters and do nothing with them.
Old characters get no development,
Nightwing sits around the entire season doing nothing, finally has to get into action... nope we skip over that part.

Cheshire & Red Arrow are the only characters that actually look good coming out of it.
Season one was great but two completely blew it. Such a waste.

Season 2 did have a huge cast, but tons of characters still had a lot of development. Superboy, Miss M, Impulse, Blue Beetle, etc.

The plot, while not as great as the first season, was still great and a lot more interesting and better than most seasons of TT. A huge invasion of Earth? War World? Aquaboys Betrayal, Impulse's Future, the Reach, Kid Flash's sacrifice, etc. I found Season 5 of TT boring.

And the fan service/cameo's/characters in Season 2 was just awesome. Darkseid, Mongul, Deathstroke, Blue Beetle, Static, Arsenal & the Outlaws, Jason Todd, etc. The villains were more badass in Young Justice too.

none of them even did much outside of Lex.

about Robin im talking tactics & combat skill.

Sportsmaster, Black Manta, Vandal, Lex & the Light had a good amount of screen time.

And Dick Grayson YJ > Dick TT.

A lot more faithful to the comics with some Tim Drake mixed in.

Season 1 showed he wasn't ready to lead, and questioned if he really wanted to be like Batman. His scene at Haley's Circus was great. A LOT more background than Teen Titans ever gave. It also showed he was a great fighter, and a good hacker. The final episode of season 1 showed his leadership skills. I believe it was him that planned out the attack on the Justice League.

Season 2 showed his intelligence again. The plan too fool the Light worked. He did make mistakes (not telling Miss M & Superboy), but its good they didn't depict him as a "perfect" character.

Another Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMsGSfT70kQ

That scene is from season 1. Dick in Young Justice had more character development than his character in Teen Titans ever did. Season 1 was excellent. Season 2 was good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

slade was on the same level of the light with his bullshit

and one of the best interpretations of robin? get outta here with that. hes not even the best animated dick grayson, let alone the best robin. tell me what comes close to growing pains with TT robin

So if Beware the Batman ends up being good it's just going to get canceled. Maybe Warner Bros. Animation just needs to start their own channel or something.
Thats what CN is supposed to be.

slade was on the same level of the light with his bullshit
No, Slade actually showed up, fought alot and even failed sometimes.
The Light was one big setup to lead to season 2 plot which was yet again another ploy to go into season 3.
none of them even did much outside of Lex.

Im talking tactics & combat skill of Robin.

Which is hilarious, since kids will buy toys for anything if they think it's cool.
disagree. yes Batman will do well, yes Batmobiles will do well
But from WB trying to get Mattel to make toys to Mattel trying to get the space on toyshelves
What are they thinking will do better Katana or Robin/Batgirl, Professor Pyge or Joker?
Dumb but it does make sense from a business standpoint.

Kyzon

I really want to hate this show. Like I REALLY WANT TO HATE IT! Buuuuuuuut, It's so stupid that I actually like it. Dumb and or dry humor is the funniest humor to me.

I still miss the original titans though :/

ReiGun

disagree. yes Batman will do well, yes Batmobiles will do well
But from WB trying to get Mattel to make toys to Mattel trying to get the space on toyshelves
What are they thinking will do better Katana or Robin/Batgirl, Professor Pyge or Joker?
Dumb but it does make sense from a business standpoint.

Kid watches a show. Kid thinks Katana is cool. Kid buys toy.

That simple. Of course, it's all moot, since they're apparently just gonna just burn through the episodes and never give the show a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom