• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans Go! Premier... Internet cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the original series was okay, with a few really great episodes here and there, but not good enough for me to get really mad over something like this.

...so am I the only one who never liked the original show or something? I thought it was really dissatisfying. Young Justice is a lot better.

I like YJ more than TT, but I probably would have liked it a lot more if I was able to catch it on a consistent basis.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
But the light never actually failed, Darkseid was their objective from the very start which they accomplished.
Slade being more personal also plays into it.

IDK, opinions.

Well yes but its more about the toy company knowing that character will sell enough to cover the mould price.
Brave and the Bold line for example they never made a single female character.

I agree with you tbh. YJ season 2 only became exciting in the last 5 episodes, it was seriously moving slow with the plot beforehand. Many episodes felt like fillers with an ending speech from vandal savage as to why the light have won again. Also even though the show was called YJ it just annoyed me how useless the JLA were. Like Cpt. atom and Marvel were just fucking retarded at times.

Plus that last episode....So bad, even if there was a season 3 planned. I also think bringing Darkseid into this was stupid, but that's beside the point.

At least TT was kind of consistent, simple yes but i could appreciate it. IDK i did watch it when I was about 11. Brain, Trigon and Slade were awesome because they were each given their own series in which they could reign terror or whatever and they all eventually failed. Out of the light we only ever saw Lex or Vandal take serious action im sure I counted at least 7 more mebers who literally did nothing but smile.

but yeah opinions.

trigon, monseuir mallah and the brain, slade, and even brother blood feel like one note characters. they seem to simply exist to foil the titans. which doesnt really do anything for me. terra was a better villain than those that i listed, and even the students at the hive academy had more potential as villians than the ones listed. i will admit i like slade, and the way he got gar to go full beast mode on him. but he really didnt do much else for me.

on the other hand, you have the light, and for the most part, you would be right about the plans. but with lex channeling david xanatos(my favorite type of villain) it didnt just seem like random plans within plans, it actually felt like lex had a plan with gives here and there. then theres the crock family and their actions, and when we find out how much family means to sportsmaster(which i thought was a pretty nice touch for someone whos supposed to be a villain) and the reason i give young justice the nod in the villain category is black manta. one of the most human characters in the series, you can tell that above all, his main concern was his son. when kaldur betrayed him, you could see the heartbreak on his face. amazing character traits for characters that should by all means be one dimensional. then again, with young justice, their main problem seems to be each other. theres also the reach, but thats a whole other note

Really, they could have done Super Best Friends instead.

Why aren't they doing Super Best Friends instead? :(
Because CN doesn't like 'girl shows' that much.

This and SBFF would have been good rotating shows to close out an expanded DC Nation imo.
don't think this will work well as one of only two shows.

Should've turned the Batman of Shanghai shorts into a full series.
Same but they had already been working on Beware the Batman
when thats over I'd still like to see it happen.

I watched enough of it to know that I wished it were a lot better. Also, I swear they never ever mentioned Batman, which always annoyed me.
They weren't allowed to.
Bat-embargo.

it made vague references to him though.
and other stuff like the Wayne Enterprises sign with the A knocked out.

Trey

I watched enough of it to know that I wished it were a lot better. Also, I swear they never ever mentioned Batman, which always annoyed me.

I vaguely remember Robin saying something to the effect of "I already have a father/mentor" while the camera cuts away to a lightning flash and bats flying.

Bat-embargo? You're gonna have to elaborate on that, please.
It was created to limit Batman appearances preserving the characters for pre development of what became Batman Begins

It started during Justice League and blocked Nightwing and Batgirl from appearing and severely limited Batman villain appearances.
it blocked Batman from being on Smallville.
It even stopped Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul & Two-Face from being on The Batman.

I think its over though, I have seen a Batman cardboard cut-out in this new Teen Titans series.

MisterHero

tumblr_m2uydrAvHa1r00g3do1_500.gif
This is making me laugh and cry at the same time.

It was created to limit Batman appearances preserving the characters for pre development of what became Batman Begins

It started during Justice League and blocked Nightwing and Batgirl from appearing and severely limited Batman villain appearances.
it blocked Batman from being on Smallville.
It even stopped Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul & Two-Face from being on The Batman.

I think its over though, I have seen a Batman cardboard cut-out in this new Teen Titans series.

That's a bummer. I can see why they'd do that, because they really needed a break from the past with Begins, but still. Cartoon Batman is best Batman.

You know what
After watching it i'm not going to bash it anymore.

Its not aimed at me, maybe kids will enjoy it.
I might keep watching though, only thing I thought was awful about it is the art(terrible).

LOL@ TDKR Bane

Just watched it the other day to give it a fair shake and I have to say it's terrible no matter how you slice it. I mean sure, it doesn't help I was going into it pretty negatively already. It doesn't have the charm of the shorts, the creators don't seem to give a damn about the source material and it's just a mess. It honestly reminds me of Johnny Test (you'd have a tough time convincing me it's not the same people working on it, the resemblance is uncanny) where it's mediocre at its absolute best and petty forgettable trash the rest of the time.
And for those thinking it's for kids. Well yeah. But I'd say Marvel's Super Hero Squad (while far from perfect) is a much better example of silly, nonsensical adaptation of super heroes for the really young.

I caught Young Justice recently, and... Wow... I feel so guilty for not supporting this. It's god-tier. I'm on episode 3 right now. Easily better than the original TT.

Now this shit... keep the Bronies out of my DC!

Raven... playing with... pony toys.

I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS BULLSHIT!

It's a voice actor joke. I honestly think it would have been funnier and better all around if
Robin was the closet fan trying to get the others out with Raven candidly suggesting watching it at the end

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's a voice actor joke. I honestly think it would have been funnier and better all around if
Robin was the closet fan trying to get the others out with Raven candidly suggesting watching it at the end

Oh... that actually justifies it...

Ponn

Banned
Not seeing what the hate is all about. Sure i would like more of the old TT or YJ to not be cancelled but judge it for what it is. Felt like an amalgamation of the funny TT episodes and the Tiny Titans comics. Lots of in-jokes and humor for comic fans and older crowd to laugh at. Raven with a hidden MLP fetish, dressing up Silky. Robin being treated like a second stringer, Cyborg and Beastboy eatimg those pies in the end. Pretty good humor show, not everything has to be epic.

jwk94

Man, this show is hilarious. I'm glad I gave it a chance. Hopefully we see more of the Titans somewhere down the line.

vazel

Banned
I had my DVR record the last episode and I gotta say, I liked it. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the antics.

luxsol

How are the ratings going for this cartoon?

I thought the Teen Titans cartoon was pretty "meh", especially since it was airing while Justice League Unlimited was still on. So i really didn't care for the show.

I've tried getting my nephews into liking comic book related stuff, but they've shown disinterest with all the shows they've watched with me. B:TAS, Superman:TAS, XMen Evolution, etc has been something they didn't like and the oldest thinks the shows are way too violent. He's 10 and closes his eyes when anything pointy or shooty is going to be used against another human being.
WTF. I was watching stuff like Aliens when i was his age and wanting toys of them to fight my GI Joes. I don't think he's ever watched anything gory or even realistically violent for him to have that sort of reaction.

TTG is actually very popular with them and they've even started asking to get them comics for Teen Titans. So it seems like this cartoon is doing a pretty good job of getting kids into DC properties.
They didn't like Young Justice nor GL:TAS (which i thought was below the original TT cartoon).

Wasn't Teen Titans stupid animu anyway?

Now it's even stupider animu?
its an entire show made out of the silly stuff from the original.

I thought the Teen Titans cartoon was pretty "meh", especially since it was airing while Justice League Unlimited was still on. So i really didn't care for the show.

I've tried getting my nephews into liking comic book related stuff, but they've shown disinterest with all the shows they've watched with me. B:TAS, Superman:TAS, XMen Evolution, etc has been something they didn't like and the oldest thinks the shows are way too violent. He's 10 and closes his eyes when anything pointy or shooty is going to be used against another human being.
WTF. I was watching stuff like Aliens when i was his age and wanting toys of them to fight my GI Joes. I don't think he's ever watched anything gory or even realistically violent for him to have that sort of reaction.

TTG is actually very popular with them and they've even started asking to get them comics for Teen Titans. So it seems like this cartoon is doing a pretty good job of getting kids into DC properties.
They didn't like Young Justice nor GL:TAS (which i thought was below the original TT cartoon).

first episode's were good especially for a Tuesday at 6:30/7:30 haven't seen CN ratings since though.

I kinda like the show, its actually funny at times and I like all the easter eggs.
though I don't really like how they are treating Robin so far.

I personally think its funny at times. It may not be like the old teen titans but at least it makes me laugh. I just think sometimes some scenes get weird like when Beast Boy was singing some tofu song while naked.

I tried to make a good gif of the Titans dancing in the theme song, but as you can tell I failed. At first I thought it was because it was in gif format, but I actually looked at the theme video on youtube and it actually has these character motion blur problems on it. I watched the show and you can see the character trail of each character in this sequence. I guess this is Flash at work here, or either I'm bad at making gifs.

Anyways here's my failed attempt, hopefully someone comes along and improves it for me.
iby4vRivInbBoK.gif

Kouichi

Just watched the newest episode and it was funny as always. Raven looked pretty cool without the hood.

I love this show. Teen Titans used to be my favorite show before it got canceled.

I caught Young Justice recently, and... Wow... I feel so guilty for not supporting this. It's god-tier. I'm on episode 3 right now. Easily better than the original TT.

Now this shit... keep the Bronies out of my DC!

did you buy toys? 'cause that's the only way the show was sticking around.

gotta toughen those kids up.

Judging this show by what it is. Its actually pretty good and funny. Wish it were more like the shorts though and it still had fight scenes in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom