• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) |OT| Watch your (six) pack.

Delio

Kira and Parrish have yet to come into their own. Kira is farther along because she's well integrated in the pack, but her power issues aren't that compelling. That scene where she went nuts on Brett's sister was cool and should have happened much earlier, like right after she attacked Scott in the club, shortly to be followed by a resolution to the whole plotline. The writers should either make her a badass full powered kitsune or commit to the idea that her powers will always be volatile.

Parrish pops in and out as a sexy plot device. While I can't complain about that aspect, he's still this weird outlier in the pack who always seems to be splitting his time between deputy stuff and hellhound stuff. The romantic angle with Lydia is odd because of the age question, and it doesn't really work anyway. They should let Parrish and Lydia keep bonding over their power and identities issues, where they trade lessons on different skills or whatever, but carve out better defined roles for each of them.

Like, Parrish could take a security job that makes him an asset to the pack throughout the season, and Lydia could have an arc where she makes consistent progress fighting on the front lines, like Allison did way back when. It's fine if she's still a death detector and scary vision-haver, but she should at least team up with Malia, Kira, and maybe Braeden, to handle threats proactively. Also, I miss the ditzy act that she occasionally pierces by being casually brilliant. Why not pair her up with Stiles, finally, and go back the lighter side of both characters, where they've always shined in past seasons? (Stiles is kind of headed there anyway. He's a lot funnier in 5B than 5A, and it's great.)

This soo much. Everything should have been resolved much earlier. I feel like we will get a few resolutions in the finale but still a bunch of storylines left hanging.

Also I am SICK of Lydia being in the hospital hurt. Yes she got training only to not be kicking ass with her friends?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What was the resolution of the hole in Lydias head?
Last I remember of it they were all in a car and it was a possibility that she could kill everyone

oh
must have tuned out and missed it
what an anti climax
Yeah, she did scream in that scene but it shattered the windows and that was it. After she got healed in a second Lydia and Stiles got a scene together and the episode ended. They don't know what to do with Lydia I guess since she spent most of her time holed up in a hospital in both seasons. Sigh.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Mason :(

I'll be pissed if they actually killed off the best of the jr Scooby gang. And WTF is going on with Kira? I'll also be pissed if they kill her off.

I like most of the season but parts of it are just off. Malia's mom subplot has gone nowhere. Kira's stuff has gone nowhere. Why is Ducalion there? He hasn't served any purpose really. They need to trim some plots and have a tighter focus.

I don't care what anyone says. Here for Stiles and Lydia.

Pluto

I doubt Mason's gone, if he could turn into the other dude via beast transformation he can return that way, it makes more sense than the nogitsune barfing out cotton wraps that turn into Stiles, that was really random. lol

Monocle

don't believe monocle's lies
If you weren't into the episode at the school, and the flashback, and the events up to and including the Beast reveal, why keep watching tbh? A lot of this stuff is tonally similar to Seasons 2 and 3A. The returning actors and characters have given this season's endgame a nice shot of energy. I'm really enjoying it.

I'll stop watching when Dylan O'Brien leaves.
I don't want him to leave but I'm surprised he's still on the show for the sixth season, given he has a decent enough film career ahead with being the lead of another young adult film trilogy. I guess he knows that odds are season six will be the last?

netguy503

I don't want him to leave but I'm surprised he's still on the show for the sixth season, given he has a decent enough film career ahead with being the lead of another young adult film trilogy. I guess he knows that odds are season six will be the last?

Well, I don't really understand your rational if you think that's the reason as the trilogy he is in only has one movie left to go (they are not splitting the last book into two parts like other young adult book turned movies).

So if going off your reasoning for him to leave the series wouldn't it make more sense as an actor to: a) leave right after he got the movie trilogy deal or b) leave after the first movie became a big hit and he was going into the second. Why would it make sense as a young actor to leave now when, like Crystal Reed if she had stayed, he's pretty much guaranteed to be on for the lifetime of the series and getting all the constant exposure that comes with it. Leaving now would be Crystal Reed levels of stupid.

He has a job. It's relatively secure. He can do a movie between seasons. I guess he just isn't as daring as Crystal Reed and doesn't feel the same need to explore other avenues.

If he landed that Spidey gig, he would have been gone months ago

netguy503

He has a job. It's relatively secure. He can do a movie between seasons. I guess he just isn't as daring as Crystal Reed and doesn't feel the same need to explore other avenues.

If he landed that Spidey gig, he would have been gone months ago

I agree with the spoiler text and now that made me sad again that that could of been a reality at one point and never happened. :(

finale tonight hunties.

Hopes for the 5B finale:
-Theo dies
-Corey lives
-Mason returns
-The bad french accent dude is killed so we don't have to hear that shit accent
-Parrish does something intereting
-Kira kills the beast
-Hopes for Lydia have been crushed since she's going to be holed up in a hospital again
-Resolution for that weird ass Desert Wolf sub-plot
-We find out what the writers are going to do with the fact that the supernatural is no longer a secret
-Theo dies

Season 6... promo? wtf
http://teenwolf.tumblr.com/post/140721754833/season-6-is-coming-soon#notes

"coming soon"

edit: oh.. s6 is about the wild hunt lol
they did this shit with the berserkers in s3b when chris mentioned them and they became a thing in s4. I thought for sure it was going to be the Skinwalkers tbh

edit 2:
TVLINE | Lastly, the fans are worried about Kira, who apparently loves to leave town. Why was she gone so much this season, and when can we expect her back?

Jeff: There are some big changes coming to the show next season; you’ll have to wait and see the fate of Kira. It was partially because we wanted her to go down a difficult path. We wanted to see her with her mother in the desert, to make sure we gave her a full episode to explore her character. As for certain characters not being in certain episodes, it’s a lot like The Walking Dead — some episodes, we just focus on different characters. It’s about where the show and the characters are all headed as we start to hand things off to our 2.0 characters. We’ll see the older ones graduate and go off and have other lives.
yeah she's not sticking around after s6 lol. smh, so much wasted potential on that character

Delio

I never cackled so hard as I did when Theo's voice cracked when screeched for Scotts assistance. Burn in hell biatch!

I just got to that part. I CANT at his voice.

Also I like how Corey was unseen the ENTIRE episode and just happens to be there during the brawl LOL

Despite how this show dips sometimes that scene at the end with the three of them together gave me feels. The originals together.

(How does that school still have enough people to even ATTEND)

I never cackled so hard as I did when Theo's voice cracked when screeched for Scotts assistance. Burn in hell biatch!
Same, so glad that plot armor bitch ass is gone tbh

also I really liked Deucalion working together with Scott, that shit was so good to watch honestly. It's nice seeing Scott's kindness pay off.
edit: so
Hopes for the 5B finale:
-Theo dies (yass)
-Corey lives (yass)
-Mason returns (yass)
-The bad french accent dude is killed so we don't have to hear that shit accent (yass)
-Parrish does something intereting (...there was no point in parrish, at ALL. useless character honestly)
-Kira kills the beast (okay she didn't kill the beast but she sent theo to hell which is better)
-Hopes for Lydia have been crushed since she's going to be holed up in a hospital again (so glad i was wrong, the queen saved mason yasss)
-Resolution for that weird ass Desert Wolf sub-plot (thank fuck it's over with for now. "I want my family back" yaaass malia let ha ass know)
-We find out what the writers are going to do with the fact that the supernatural is no longer a secret (they're literally never going to address this lmao)
-Theo dies (yaaaaaassss)

Delio

also I really liked Deucalion working together with Scott, that shit was so good to watch honestly. It's nice seeing Scott's kindness pay off.

That actually shocked me. Scott was playing the long game with Deucalion and Papa Argent all Season. If anything that showed Scott was really thinking ahead there.

Still loving Lydia's strong ass "MASON!" shout. You betta use dem powers.

Tokubetsu

lol kira
mastermind scott is a weird scott
fuck theo fr fr
stiles finally got penetrated
bisexuality confirmed
allison the one true waifu saves the day again
invisible gay bf always there
that electricity cgi
that cgi desert
fuck theo again
hayden x liam <3

Monocle

A ripped body. A winning smile. A passionate demeanor. Close personal monster friends. Being labeled as evil by an evil and very rude doctor who did evil and very rude experiments on human subjects with the help of his evil and very rude colleagues. (What a great endorsement!) These are just some of the countless reasons to place your unqualified trust in Theo.

Theo would never lie, unless he had to for the furtherance of his noble pursuit of power. Theo would never hurt anybody, unless they were obstacles to his Napoleonic rise to just and deserved supremacy over this earthly sphere. Theo would never try to seduce a were-coyote by stripping off his shirt and flexing his powerful torso and arm muscles in a ravishing display of masculine virility, unless that were-coyote was Malia, whose immunity to flawless hunks is a subject of endless consternation in the medical community. Theo is pretty great.

How about this tight pan up this flaming hot hunk's nearly naked body? I'm into it. Now, I am no director, but if I were a director, this is how I would open each and every one of my shows. It would be one of my many hunk-oriented signatures that would distinguish me from the lesser auteurs of my generation.

I am not entirely comfortable with the idea of Gerard being the keeper of a potent weapon that happens to be shaped like a cane. With this, osteoporosis is the only constraint on his power. Who know how far his reign of terror could go if he turns that thing into a bayonet for his Rascal scooter?

What in the what? The evil doctor lives!? And Scott and Liam brought him to a vet's office? Millenials are weird. Hey wait a second, isn't that the exact same jerk who said all those rude things to Theo? Now I understand. The karmic burden of his vile words is so great that fate itself suspended his passing until he gives Theo an apology.

In most situations it is not a good idea to smooch on hunks with grievous injuries, but Tracy is not most people, and Theo is not most hunks. I don't mean to be a hater, alright? In all honesty, who among us has not been a monster teen who got all up on a wounded hunk's business while both of you were holed up in a grungy basement? I am told it's a practically a tradition in rich bastions of American culture such as Miami and Detroit. My parents tell me that I myself might be a basement baby. That, or a McDonald's utility closet baby. Either way, I'm proud of my heritage. Tracy and Theo have nothing to be ashamed of.

Dying to empower Theo is probably the nicest thing that Tracy's done for anybody.

For the second time in this episode, we have a tight pan up the back of an almost naked hunk's body, and to be completely honest with you I am tired of it already. After all, there's more to men than than brawny thighs, firm butts, and broad backs. There are also cut abs, packed pecs, shredded biceps, and meaty bulges.

It's a shame Malia didn't silence her SAMSUNG brand smartphone before navigating its sleek and efficient interface to call Stiles. Keen viewers will note that Malia chose to power off her SAMSUNG brand smartphone not because she experienced poor service indoors&#8212;an unimaginable event with AT&T WIRELESS's exceptional coverage&#8212;but that her own inept handling of SAMSUNG's miracle of modern engineering alerted her to the fact that this sublime marriage of art and technology is rather too elegant for the unrefined consumer's coarse lifestyle.

The whole Dread Doctors arc, culminating in this dramatic unmasking of the main Dread Doctor, was a pretty roundabout way to teach us what we already know: exfoliation is a must.

Oh hi again nearly naked Parrish. I strongly approve of the way you're making up for all those wasted hours in your deputy uniform.

Dammit Hayden's sister, I hold you responsible for anything that happens to Lydia or Stiles' dad!

As you're all aware, I am the first person to let my favorite hunks know when they are being jerks. While I would not go so far as to call Theo a jerk, I would gently remind him that breaking your friends' bones and forcing them to drop other people down deep holes will probably make them grumpy.

Personally I think it was very generous of that CG Beast not to murder Theo for penetrating him.

Damn, Deucalion is one calculating guy! Cool eye trick. I really love this character. Now, in my opinion, it was sort of rude for him to snap Theo's neck like that, but on the other hand, Theo could probably use a good long time-out underground to plan his next marvelous shirtless scene, perhaps on a show with fewer ungrateful monster jerks who barely even notice his abs when he's trying to kill their friends or whatever.

Oh wait, he's alive? OK, I'll take it. He might have a hard time being helpful to everyone he meets for a while, seeing as how he's completely paralyzed by a severe spinal cord injury, but I know I speak for all viewers when I say he's done more than enough already. Thanks Theo! Rest now bb, here in the grime and mold of this tunnel.

Gerard really has a way with people.

I just noticed that The Desert Wolf's approach to parenting is somewhat different than most of the other parents on this show. Like for instance, the other parents generally don't shoot bullets at their kids. I am not here to criticize anybody though. We are all unique.

LOL, there's Corey, creepin' on the pack again! Of course he's here. Stalking is his superpower.

Huh, I guess Theo's going to spend some time underground after all. But with his creepy ghost sister? Maybe I am just antisocial, but personally I would have a hard time being productive with my creepy ghost sister constantly distracting me with ghost sister stuff. Sit still for a second, these carbs won't count themselves!

I admit it: I got pulled in by this episode and forgot to write down most of my wise and witty observations. I'm really glad none of the original pack died. The CG beast ended up being a pretty cool villain after all, the way he phased back and forth between his two forms, until he got hugged to death by a flaming hot nearly nude hunk, and Mason was reunited with his precious gay chimera bf. That Allison callback was a really nice bookend for 5A + 5B. Sure, this episode also had the lowest point in the season, where Theo had his neck snapped, but he got better! And then he pulled a Palpatine and blasted some jerks with lighting, stunning them not so much with the power of his attack as the youthful allure of his angelic face. And now he's getting super buff lifting rocks underground while Samara cheers him on. Enjoy your vacation, buddy!

I love a finale where all of the right people win, or survive, or at least have the option to return because they're gorgeous. It was great to see the gang back together at school. Thank goodness they didn't kill Lydia or Stiles. I was seriously worried.

Final observation: Deucalion has limitless swag. It was so awesome to see him working with Scott, I don't care what anyone says. I love how this show doesn't even need a reason to bring back awesome characters. (Jackson next, please!)

Overall, a great close to a fun season. Many arcs got their proper resolution, a lot of characters grew in important ways (go Lydia, Malia, and Kira!), and one hunk in particular got shirtless and grimy a whole bunch. I'm satisfied.

edit: so
Hopes for the 5B finale:
-Theo dies (yass)
-Corey lives (yass)
-Mason returns (yass)
-The bad french accent dude is killed so we don't have to hear that shit accent (yass)
-Parrish does something intereting (...there was no point in parrish, at ALL. useless character honestly)
-Kira kills the beast (okay she didn't kill the beast but she sent theo to hell which is better)
-Hopes for Lydia have been crushed since she's going to be holed up in a hospital again (so glad i was wrong, the queen saved mason yasss)
-Resolution for that weird ass Desert Wolf sub-plot (thank fuck it's over with for now. "I want my family back" yaaass malia let ha ass know)
-We find out what the writers are going to do with the fact that the supernatural is no longer a secret (they're literally never going to address this lmao)
-Theo dies (yaaaaaassss)
I hate to drop a turd in your pudding, but when have you known Teen Wolf to permanently kill an antagonist without a totally explicit on-screen death? Did you learn nothing from the time Theo's neck got snapped by Deucalion and he was good as new five minutes later? Theo is definitely chilling in hunk purgatory, lifting rocks until the show has need of a trustworthy stud once again. Sorry about it!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
episode had some weird moments (that decualion switheroo where the fuck did that come from) but overall I liked it.
My main criticism is that everything felt crammed in. Could have done with being an hour and a half or maybe a two episode finale special

I like where everyone is going forward. I hope they dedicate proper time to Kira and the skin walkers
Also I do not trust grandaddy argent. Hes going to fuck around with the doctor tech I can feel it

Aiii

So not worth it
screenshot2016-03-09as5ovj.png

Seriously, this fucking green screen.

I guess they blew their entire effects budget on the smoke monster.

Don't post in the thread but I watch every week. Overall I felt season 5 was pretty meh. Kind of just watching just to watch now and the show hasn't really excited me since season 3.

Anyone know the episode count for season 6? I'm guessing it will be 12. I also think that (assuming it gets renewed) season 7 will be the last, with a final 20 episode season.

The ratings really fell off with 5B so I don't see it lasting that much longer.

That was a pretty eh finale. I'm pretty sure season 6 will be the last, have them graduate during it and end it. Those rumors that the show will continue with Liam as the lead better not be true, getting rid of most of the characters would be stupid. Man the pack were pure dark with letting Theo get dragged down. It's a nice parallel though. The first time we see Theo is in a scene with Kira, and she supposedly gets him dragged off to...hell, I guess.

Mason is what Danny should have been. It helps Mason can act.

edit 2:

yeah she's not sticking around after s6 lol. smh, so much wasted potential on that character
A whole episode? Are they taking the piss? Kira got an episode in which her screentime was maybe boosted up to the average amount of time Stiles gets in an episode. Also Teen Wolf has six main characters (Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Kira, Malia and Liam) compared to the many the Walking Dead has, that comparison is fucking awful. Just admit you screwed up by having one billion side characters this season.

Also the official Teen Wolf tumblr is apparently getting someone new to handle it. Thank God, the previous person made good gifs which is why I stopped by to look at them but added fucking awful captions and only answered the worst questions sent in.

Seriously, this fucking green screen.

I guess they blew their entire effects budget on the smoke monster.
Yeah, some of the effects were iffy. At the end when Hayden turned into a werewolf, the yellow for her and Liam's eyes was bright and artificial as hell, when the show generally does a good job with the eye colors.

tumblr_o3paxw94IR1qixosbo2_500.gif

Matt_

Did hayden's sister die in that episode?
i feel like she took it very well

Monocle

Yes she did, lol. I guess it helps to have a cute bf to make out with. Ain't nobody got time for five stages when your schedule is packed to the margins with late night smooching.

Mastermind Scott is Best Scott
He and the team got down to business and it was glorious. They're going to slay their group projects in college.

Happy that Scott's pack actually composes of two people he turned. I get the power of friendship thing, but at the same time he still needs actual Beta's.

Did they ever explain why the two of them have different last names? I know it was said this season would touch upon it but I honestly can't remember if they did,

Wait... Hayden's sister died? I thought she was just hurt?

I guess it makes sense since they want Hayden to stick around but damn lol. Anyway I really hope they expand upon Hayden's character in S6 since she's clearly part of nu-teen wolf along with Mason, Liam, and Corey now. She's a really bland character as of now tbh

Delio

Well yeah the sister died. Wasn't it even Hayden herself that closed her eyes? Everything was going kinda fast in that scene so maybe I missed it.

The whole Hayden thing is kinda weird to me, wasn't she already part wolf from being a Chimera?
who knows lol
she was about to die again apparently so it makes sense.
---

Jeff said Mason is "human again" which means he gets no superpowers which confirms he's the TW 2.0 Stiles. I really wish they wouldn't have brought back Sebastian's actor and instead have Mason act as Sebastian, would have been dope.

Top Bottom