• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) |OT| Watch your (six) pack.

Faenix1

kinda but the whole point with chimeras is there some kinda half measure unless it was the beast

Still makes zero sense, but it's a show about supernatural stuff. I guess it's not supposed too.

who knows lol
she was about to die again apparently so it makes sense.
---

Jeff said Mason is "human again" which means he gets no superpowers which confirms he's the TW 2.0 Stiles. I really wish they wouldn't have brought back Sebastian's actor and instead have Mason act as Sebastian, would have been dope.

That would of been infinitely better, assuming he could pull it off. I'm going to guess he couldn't thus they brought back the actor.

Still makes zero sense, but it's a show about supernatural stuff. I guess it's not supposed too.

That would of been infinitely better, assuming he could pull it off. I'm going to guess he couldn't thus they brought back the actor.
I mean, the dude can pull of a charm that's similar to the charm Stiles has. They should have given him a chance honestly.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
That was a weird finale.

- YES to Theo's neck being snapped
- YES to Theo being dragged to whoever by the sister he killed. And begging Scott to help him like the wimp he actually is
- Mastermind Scott what? Really surprised by the Deucalion twist.
- Yes to Queen Lydia saving Mason by why did she have to get hurt again first? :(
- Yes to Kira saving the day and sending Theo to hell.
- thank god the desert wolf crap is over.
- YES to Mason being saved best of Nu Teen Wolf
- LOL to Corey being invisible all that time
- LOL to Scott having a memory of Allison that he was not there for

TBH, I really think they did a disservice to Malia and Kira. Both of their stories could have been interesting but they wound up being half assed. They should have picked one of the two subplots and focused on it. Use Kira not having control or Malia's mom and then use the other next season.

I will still be back next season.

so uh it seems dylan o' brien was "severely" injured in the set of the maze runner 3, broken bones and everything. holy shit :v
I really hope he pulls through alright. If he really did fall right on his face, hopefully there isn't any permanent damage done there. Maze Runner is halting production until he is back, so does this mean Stiles might get written out for a few episodes? Season six has only been filming a few weeks.

Raistlin

I've also seen a Deadline article that reports he fell on his face. It seems the injuries are facial only from what's reported over all so far.
Deadline said:
O’Brien apparently fell off the back of a set that was supposed to look like the back of a train and fractured either his cheekbone or orbital socket (still not clear on the details) when he fell on his face.

Bumping the topic because Arden Cho confirmed she isn't returning for season 6 which basically means bye to Kira. :( It's not even a case that she wanted to leave the show, it just seems that they wrote her off entirely. That's actually pretty terrible of the writers to do to the character with the most potential.

Wouldn't be the first time TW completely wasted a character and won't be the last.
At least most cases tend to be because of the actor wanting to leave. Jackson, Erica, Allison, Derek and Isaac all left of their own accord. I think maybe Boyd was the only other actually badly treated character given he got killed off the episode after he got any development to his character.

Bumping the topic because Arden Cho confirmed she isn't returning for season 6 which basically means bye to Kira. :( It's not even a case that she wanted to leave the show, it just seems that they wrote her off entirely. That's actually pretty terrible of the writers to do to the character with the most potential.
NOOOOOO

WHAT THE FUCK

She had lightning and a fucking Katana. Fuck modern day Teen Wolf honestly

i'm seriously pissed. Arden Cho was great and they treated her like shit the past few seasons, they cut stuff that she had already filmed for numerous episodes and stuff. Probably in favor of more creepy Layden scenes. fuck off

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
the only way I would be happy with her leaving would be if her and scott just fucked off and left together to go traveling or somtehing
this is bullshit

Now who will Scott bang and possibly get into deadly situations with and/or eventually leave behind?

Seriously though, it was nice to have her while it lasted.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

NOOOOOOO.

I'm really mad about this. What a waste of a character.

Monocle

WTF, that makes no sense. Her character was finally going somewhere. I wanted so much more for her.

Wait a minute, does this mean her awesome mom is gone for good too? Nooooooooooo! I'm actually more upset about this than Kira leaving.

Pluto

I liked Kira but it never seemed like the writers knew what to do with her, so maybe it's for the best that she leaves as lond as it doesn't mean the return of Allison. She died, let her stay dead.

Scott and Styles are obviously in love, they should be together.

Delio

The hell?! So wait the final thing that happened to her will be going with the skinwalkers? Fuck what the fuck.

Seems it was a network decision. Apparently Jeff Davis (creator of the show) fought to keep her on but MTV didn't want her.

I feel bad for the actress the most although I'm still pissed as Kira was one of my favorite characters. Arden Cho seems like a sweetheart. She said that because she had no idea of when she might be called up for an episode (since Kira tended to just appear in one and vanish for the next) she couldn't take any side projects.

It didn't help there was an episode this season where she filmed scenes but then was not told they were cut so had to find out online she didn't appear. Sounds like dodgy treatment.

Season 6 is most likely te last season anyways. But it's still bad to see characters cut without any closure. She's only get a half assed one lined explaination of what happens to her in season 6 too. Save that quote for the premiere

Any word if Dylan O'Brien's injury means Stiles won't be appearing for some episodes?

Season 6 is most likely te last season anyways. But it's still bad to see characters cut without any closure. She's only get a half assed one lined explaination of what happens to her in season 6 too. Save that quote for the premiere
The season 5 finale seemed to write her off with her and Scott sharing a goodbye but it was like for twenty seconds and badly done if that's the official send off. But yeah, the shows ratings are pretty eh even for MTV.

There's rumors they will try to continue the show with Liam and Mason. Cannot see that working.

Pluto

Arden Cho seems like a sweetheart. She said that because she had no idea of when she might be called up for an episode (since Kira tended to just appear in one and vanish for the next) she couldn't take any side projects.
But the main reason to sign someone on as a series regular is to make them available to the show when they need them and to ensure that they don't tell you "Sorry, got another job that week!" when you need them. So her being unable to do side projects is kind of the point.

The show definitely didn't use her right but nothing about that seems dodgy, sometimes writers don't know what to do with a character, sometimes scenes or entire storylines get cut, it happens.

Monocle

Seems it was a network decision. Apparently Jeff Davis (creator of the show) fought to keep her on but MTV didn't want her.

I feel bad for the actress the most although I'm still pissed as Kira was one of my favorite characters. Arden Cho seems like a sweetheart. She said that because she had no idea of when she might be called up for an episode (since Kira tended to just appear in one and vanish for the next) she couldn't take any side projects.

It didn't help there was an episode this season where she filmed scenes but then was not told they were cut so had to find out online she didn't appear. Sounds like dodgy treatment.
It must be frustrating for the team to be strongarmed by the network like that.

Until the previous season, Kira's character had a conspicuous lack of direction. The timing of her being booted off the show is unfortunate. She finally seemed to be going somewhere.

There's rumors they will try to continue the show with Liam and Mason. Cannot see that working.
It could totally work with a good supporting cast. Liam and Mason have an entertaining dynamic. Mason alone brings loads of charisma to the table. He'll be a decent Stiles surrogate if it comes to that.

I'm angry too about the way Theo was treated, but let's not say things we'll regret. Theo will live on in a special, trustworthy place in all of our hearts.
Sometimes when you're a gorgeous hunk who sacrifices everything to help your friends, even your cheat days, people still don't appreciate you. Theo could have excused himself from the final conflict and spent his weekend at the waffle house, but no, he went to all sorts of trouble to borrow electrical and paralytic powers from a local gang of teenage hoodlums, all to help Scott's pack, and they still let a vengeful hobo drag him into her grimy lair. How's that for ungrateful?

It's fine, the people of the underworld will probably appreciate his firm muscles and sensible workout tips more than the jerks on this terrestrial plane ever did.

But the main reason to sign someone on as a series regular is to make them available to the show when they need them and to ensure that they don't tell you "Sorry, got another job that week!" when you need them. So her being unable to do side projects is kind of the point.

The show definitely didn't use her right but nothing about that seems dodgy, sometimes writers don't know what to do with a character, sometimes scenes or entire storylines get cut, it happens.
Didn't they work around Dylan O'Brien's schedule for the Maze Runner? Show filmed around the time he was shooting for that (given that he got injured recently while filming for it and they were definitely starting to shoot season 6 by then) and they seemed fine with that.

It could totally work with a good supporting cast. Liam and Mason have an entertaining dynamic. Mason alone brings loads of charisma to the table. He'll be a decent Stiles surrogate if it comes to that.
Mason is a good character but Liam is rather eh. Add onto that all of the other "younger" characters like Hayden and Corey don't really show much charm. If all the main cast like Scott, Stiles and Malia were to vanish and they tried continuing the show with the new kids, it wouldn't last long.

Hell even with the current cast I'm fully expecting season 6 to be the last one.

Andrin

We'll always have 3b.

I personally stopped watching after 3B, seeing as it felt like a good place to stop and the heights of that season were so high that it felt unlikely that they'd ever top them. After reading through a synopsis on season 4 and 5 it feels like I largely made the right desicion.

netguy503

Since this topic was bumped, I thought I would add that I recently rewatched Superman to pump me up for BVS and I was watching the behind the scenes as the movie was playing feature on the disc. All of a sudden a current aged Dylan Sprayberry (?) pops up on my screen and talks about his experience on the movie and working with the cast. Apparently he plays young Clark Kent. I knew that actor looked familiar but could never place the face. I just thought that was something worth telling you guys if you never knew either.

netguy503

Other than Mason, I'm mostly indifferent to the next generation. I kinda hope season 6 is the last.

Maybe if they are doing a final farewell season they can add a time travel/time altering like mechanic to the show since it's already in a sci-fi/horror/fantasy show. Would be a cool way to explain why Alison is back (if she is coming back) and bring back other characters for a farewell season. Has to be done right though.

Tokubetsu

Since this topic was bumped, I thought I would add that I recently rewatched Superman to pump me up for BVS and I was watching the behind the scenes as the movie was playing feature on the disc. All of a sudden a current aged Dylan Sprayberry (?) pops up on my screen and talks about his experience on the movie and working with the cast. Apparently he plays young Clark Kent. I knew that actor looked familiar but could never place the face. I just thought that was something worth telling you guys if you never knew either.

holy shit i didn't realize that was him

I'm assuming season 6 will be the last. The ratings tumbled during the last half of season 5 and if they remain that way I think it's gone.

Can't say I'll be mad. I myself have watched the last two seasons just to watch. The show hasn't hooked me since season 3.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Vampire Diaries style?!

I can't believe that there will be an 8th season of TVD. I just want the show to be over. When they announce that Nina is back, I'll watch that episode so I can have my Damon and Elena reunion. Nina was the only smart one to leave after her 6 season contact was up.

Tokubetsu

I can't believe that there will be an 8th season of TVD. I just want the show to be over. When they announce that Nina is back, I'll watch that episode so I can have my Damon and Elena reunion. Nina was the only smart one to leave after her 6 season contact was up.

I was surprised Damon didn't leave too tbh. Felt right but yea, I gave up like an ep into s5? That's another show though, that felt it didn't know wtf it was doing with the characters outside of like 2 or 3 (damon, elana and I'd say even Calorine had more focus than Stefan).

Bonnie was a fav but she was always a mess with a mess of an arc.

Still can't believe they gave TVD so many seasons but axed Secret Cricle after one. I loved that cast so much T-T

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I was surprised Damon didn't leave too tbh. Felt right but yea, I gave up like an ep into s5? That's another show though, that felt it didn't know wtf it was doing with the characters outside of like 2 or 3 (damon, elana and I'd say even Calorine had more focus than Stefan).

Bonnie was a fav but she was always a mess with a mess of an arc.

Still can't believe they gave TVD so many seasons but axed Secret Cricle after one. I loved that cast so much T-T

I gave up in a few episodes into S5 too, though I did come back for a few episodes in S6. They really didn't know what to do with anyone I think, especially after S4. Plus some glaring inconsistencies with how some character were written Not to mention the ever favourite plot of someone taking over someone else's body. Which was cool the first time they did it again and again and again.

UGH. I used to love TVD so much. It makes me sad to see what it became.

If they write Kira off because they couldn't work her into the plot only to
focus on Stiles/Lydia's potential romance and maybe even bring Allison back
I'm going to have a fucking riot.

Sorry for the bump but I feel like Teen Wolf isn't really popular enough to warrant a thread on its own. There's now a big rumor going around that
Dylan O'Brien might not appear at all in season six both to his injuries and commitment to movie roles. Either that or he's out for a majority of the season.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the bump but I feel like Teen Wolf isn't really popular enough to warrant a thread on its own. There's now a big rumor going around that
Dylan O'Brien might not appear at all in season six both to his injuries and commitment to movie roles. Either that or he's out for a majority of the season.

:(

I hope he recovers but that would totally suck.

Monocle

Aww...
The show would lose its best actor. Might as well wrap it up after Stiles leaves.

Penguin

Not surprising at the least really

Tokubetsu

well im out

eh... I think it's time to end the show then. The writing has been pretty awful since Season 4 and the new kids don''t really have what it takes to carry the show on their own at this point.

Top Bottom