• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 no longer Ps3 exclusive, coming to 360 Fall 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honolulu

Neo Member
Does anyone know if BR is out on arcades in Japan.. or is it still only T6?

I'm going to Tokyo in a month and I really really really want to try it out. :D

2 down, 1 to go

the Sony trifecta of MGS, FF and Tekken is no more

"Tekken was never exclusive"

yeah, but for the past couple years Tekken has been touted by sony fans as one of theirs and it will never go to the 360

Azrael

AranhaHunter said:
While MS keeps getting all these 3rd party games that were PS3 exclusives, Sony is doing nothing to bring over 3rd party games that are 360 exclusives, fuck you Sony.

Sony believed the PS3's success was a fait accompli in Japan, so they could focus their resources on games for the western market, because third parties were going to produce the content for Japan. Even if Sony has already begun shifting more resources to Japanese development, it won't begin to bear fruit until 2010-2011, which would mean first-gen PS4 games. Sony has given up on this generation, as demonstrated by their unwillingness to give the PS3 a price drop this year.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
HallucinatingElvis said:
2 down, 1 to go

yeah, but for the past couple years Tekken has been touted by sony fans as one of theirs and it will never go to the 360
mhmhm Do you know were was released the first Metal Gear ? :D

Honolulu

Neo Member
yellowjacket said:
I love Tekken but the release date was the worst thing about this announcement. I mean fall 2009. Give me a break. The game shouldnt take this long to make.

That I can agree to. :(
the last proper Tekken game on a console was T5, and that was in 2005.
How the hell does it really take 4 years to make a fighter?
They already had a rock solid base to build upon.
But, delay/longer development = good for balance, imo.
Especially since they've added a lot of new characters.

I really like Tekken, I mean, I'd probably eat any shit Namco gives me.
I Just don't want to see this game go the way of the Dodo with balance as SC has done since after SC2. :/

_Angelus_

Banned
Fersis said:
Every PStation is critized because is hard to develop, what happened was that SEGA for some odd reason used quads instead of triangles to make polygons when every developer and his mom used triangles to render stuff.
That and a stupid release campain.. and a half baked system
(Do you remember the RAM add on ?)

The monkeys ar Sega back then had some part to do with 3rd party loving Sony ofcourse. ofcourse. But lets say that even if Sega were a different animal,that they were strong headwise as they were in the Genesis days - I dunno if it would have mattered though because politics still played a major part regardless. Sony came in strong with a plan and a bank account to back it. You have them helping out 3rd parties (which of course is a job a 1st party should not even think twice about if you wanna keep great relations strong) but then Sony had sega beat in one vital area...money hatting. Cutting deals for exclusives,this one area Sega could never hang with them,even in their prime. Sony would have them for lunch when money hatting would be involved. Its whats happening now,Sony has less financials to afford these exclusives while Microsoft can pull the strings in this area,like I said,same old story different time.

As for the ram add on for Saturn..are you referring to the rumored VF3 port? Was that even real or just ideas about doing? Hey I loved everything Sega back then,ignorance is bliss I guess. Looking back now with all their add ons and promises,well its ugly. Still enjoyed that era though,fun time for gaming. expensive also since I had to own ever system even though I was a Sega nut at heart.

StuBurns

Banned
PARANO1A said:
That's equally applicable to the Metal Gear series, and we all know that meltdowns would happen, do we not?
I doubt anyone would be shocked to see Metal Gear Solid 4: Existence in a little over a hour at TGS for 360.

Ten-Song

stuburns said:
I doubt anyone would be shocked to see Metal Gear Solid 4: Existence in a little over a hour at TGS for 360.

Would the iPod in the game be swapped with a Zune for a 360 port?

h3ro

Insane Metal said:
:lol

Man, the PS3 exclusives list is getting ridiculously small.

No smaller than the 360's exclusives list bud, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. This is good for 360 only owners who wanted a capable, bland fighter with a undecipherable incest laden story line...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dont worry guys we have Lair as a exclusive !

StuBurns

Banned
Elbrain said:
So this be official that Tekken 6 be coming to 360? Or is everyone here just assuming?
Seems pretty official yeah.
PS3 and 360, fall 09. (which is a insane release date, it should've been this december, between SC4 and SF4)

My6cats

Banned
Elbrain said:
So this be official that Tekken 6 be coming to 360? Or is everyone here just assuming?
it is pretty much official. The director of the game said so himself in a Gamespot video.

Hunter D

h3ro said:
No smaller than the 360's exclusives list bud, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. This is good for 360 only owners who wanted a capable, bland fighter with a undecipherable incest laden story line...
All you guys that really hate the game, but wouldn't say anything negative about can finally let it all out.

_Angelus_

Banned
MGS4 on a 360?
Ok now that would be shocking for me. To me thats the one 3rd party Sony dished out for at all costs. Because overall the series is more a Western games flavored favorite among the masses,and with the way they have focussed on other continents outside of Japan this gen. it sorta jells altogether that they would do anything to keep this one in their stable.

Wouldn't mind it going to 360 though,not crazy about the series but ummm well I love the surprises though,sorta knocks the industry on its ass. Just when things are getting boring an event like that occurs. The forums are always full of craziness also.

joey_z

Banned
HallucinatingElvis said:
2 down, 1 to go

I think GT5 should get a mention as well. Though most people I've talked to prefer Forza from a gameplay point of view.

PARANO1A said:
That's equally applicable to the Metal Gear series, and we all know that meltdowns would happen, do we not?

But Metal Gear 4 was announced officially as an exclusive to the PS3 by both Sony and Konami. Tekken 6 was never, ever announced as an exclusive... ever. How can you lose something you never had to begin with?

StuBurns

Banned
joey_z said:
I think GT5 should get a mention as well. Though most people I've talked to prefer Forza from a gameplay point of view.
It's first party though, it could never go multiplatform.

Does it really matter? It's not like Tekken coming out on 360 too is going to mean you can no long enjoy playing it on your Triple.

Tekken is not that great, anyway.

Azrael said:
Sony believed the PS3's success was a fait accompli in Japan, so they could focus their resources on games for the western market, because third parties were going to produce the content for Japan. Even if Sony has already begun shifting more resources to Japanese development, it won't begin to bear fruit until 2010-2011, which would mean first-gen PS4 games. Sony has given up on this generation, as demonstrated by their unwillingness to give the PS3 a price drop this year.

That's cool, but I'm talking about some western 360 exclusives like Gears of War or Mass Effect.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Hopefully, Marcus Fenix is a bonus character in the X360 version so he can show Alisa how to play with chainsaws. :D

Honolulu said:
Does anyone know if BR is out on arcades in Japan.. or is it still only T6?

I'm going to Tokyo in a month and I really really really want to try it out. :D

I'm hearing a December release for JP arcades...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Funny, and predictable to anyone with some smarts - Namco knows where the money is, especially how the 360 has been moving their games...

I remember browsing some thread on here where some people were so sure that it wouldn't go to the 360 as well...

I hate Tekken personally, but I guess they have a bullet point of having all of the fighters on their console now...

h3ro

Hunter D said:
All you guys that really hate the game, but wouldn't say anything negative about can finally let it all out.

Tekken hasn't exactly been lighting up the discussion boards lately. I have T5DR from PSN, it's nothing special at all... No one beats my Hwoarang though...

Ten-Song said:
I already addressed AC6 and Katamari, Dead Rising is getting a Wii port, (however horrible it may be) Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft, so that rules out any port, and Prey was built as a PC game.

I'm not saying third party exclusives CAN'T happen, I'm just saying there's almost no reason to be shocked when once platform exclusive titles start jumping ship these days. Now it's more shocking to see third party games stay on a single platform.

That is definitely factual, but it doesn't change the fact that these games aren't found on the competitors console. Maybe Sony should publish a few third party games once in a while. Then again, after Final Fantasy 13, nothing is safe. Seriously, by the time this comes out, I am not sure if anyone will really even be bothered by this.

Skilotonn said:
Funny, and predictable to anyone with some smarts - Namco knows where the money is, especially how the 360 has been moving their games...

I remember browsing some thread on here where some people were so sure that it wouldn't go to the 360 as well...

I hate Tekken personally, but I guess they have a bullet point of having all of the fighters on their console now...
Kinda hard to move games on the other system if you don't actually release for it...

I mean, RR7 sold more then RR6. Just sayin...

Gadfly said:
Why? This is not your ass. Is it?

MS has the upperhand anyway.Namco should get their Microsoft cocks outta their mouths and stick with Sony in these difficult times before Sony has enough and shits on the PS3 and decides to try again with PS4.

Im sick and tired of multis.

goldenpp72

Sato Koiji said:
MS has the upperhand anyway.Namco should get their Microsoft cocks outta their mouths and stick with Sony in these difficult times before Sony has enough and shits on the PS3 and decides to try again with PS4.

Im sick and tired of multis.

lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Insane Metal said:

Man, the PS3 exclusives list is getting ridiculously small.

Let's face it, the exclusives list for all consoles is fairly small this gen. Seems like no one wants to dish out $$$ to publishers for exclusives.

KingJ2002

well... good news for us 360 owners.

just release tekken tag tournament on xbla to get us prepared in the mean time.

Rhazer Fusion said:
Well, Sony is making it pretty easy. Microsoft has been much more aggressive this generation than Sony.

Wrong. Microsoft has $$$ which makes it all more simple.
Sony has too...but its not comparable with Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom