• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Yudoken

Anyone know the cheapest place to preorder it online for PC? If I don't find any cheaper alternative I'm going with GMG.

If you want a legitimate source with a Eliza preorder access get it from one of the online stores from isthereanydeal.com (highly advise against cdkeys).

Kiryu needs to be a guest character.
But I'm not sure who should be the 2nd one.
Maybe Geese?

Other than watching on YouTube snk videos I'm not very familiar with him.

BiggNife

If you want a legitimate source with a Eliza preorder access get it from one of the online stores from isthereanydeal.com (highly advise against cdkeys).

Kiryu needs to be a guest character.
But I'm not sure who should be the 2nd one.
Maybe Geese?

Other than watching on YouTube snk videos I'm not very familiar with him.
CDkeys is a legitimate store, you just need to be aware they're reselling keys from other regions. It's up to you to decide whether or not you're okay with that, but they're not nearly as sketchy as key marketplaces like G2A and Kinguin.

Are there any images of each of the character's P1 and P2 outfits? I can't be using that Hwoarang P2 outfit. I never liked his biker outfit, but this is worse.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Are there any images of each of the character's P1 and P2 outfits? I can't be using that Hwoarang P2 outfit. I never liked his biker outfit, but this is worse.

Half the characters just get recolors as their P2 outfits. Others get their T5-T7 Vanilla defaults. You'll probably have to equip whatever their unique customization parts are to make a traditional P2 outfit.

Numb

Half the characters just get recolors as their P2 outfits. Others get their T5-T7 Vanilla defaults. You'll probably have to equip whatever their unique customization parts are to make a traditional P2 outfit.

Recolors better compared to the dumb stuff we got for tag 2 2ps

Oh for the days we got alt outfits done by fashion designers. These days it's "hey, here's some pixie wings and a turban, go to town".

SOLDIER

Any impressions of the PS4 Pro version? That's the one I'm looking to get: 4K plus VR mode plus all the other neat bonuses.

-hadouken

Just watched some arcade mode play-throughs. Glad to see no silly ghosts, tho there's only three random matches before a sub then final boss. Five stages total - WTF. What is it with Japanese fighting game developers these days? They perfected arcade modes in the 90's, and now they're MIA or perplexingly deficient.

Just watched some arcade mode play-throughs. Glad to see no silly ghosts, tho there's only three random matches before a sub then final boss. Five stages total - WTF. What is it with Japanese fighting game developers these days? They perfected arcade modes in the 90's, and now they're MIA or perplexingly deficient.

Dude I don't even know what you are trying to complain about.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
CDkeys is a legitimate store, you just need to be aware they're reselling keys from other regions. It's up to you to decide whether or not you're okay with that, but they're not nearly as sketchy as key marketplaces like G2A and Kinguin.

I would highly advise against pre-ordering from CDKeys as they don't include Eliza in their preorder. I just cancelled my order with them yesterday and went to gamesplanet instead.

Dante83

Banned
The vids I see mention that ps4 pro is 4k, but is it native 4k or checkerboard. Digital foundry only did an analysis on the base version, and we already know that it's 900p.
We still don't know how the XB1 version will be. XB1 version wasn't even shown at all. I never saw any footage of it. It could be a bad sign.

I would highly recommend against pre-ordering from CDKeys as they don't include Eliza in their preorder. I just cancelled my order with them yesterday and went to gamesplanet instead.

It probably won't be much different in the long run, at least for the standard.

Get it for $41 at gamebillet
Get it for $33 at cd with the code and wait a month to see how much she is

Already paid in Feb so that's what I'm doing. Anything else in the standard (cosmetics?) or is it just the 'PRE ORDER NOW TO GET ELIZA!!!'?

The arcade release was obviously heavily geared towards online play. TTT2U is a meatier (and harder, Uknown, duh) experience in the arcades. I had the same complaints and more when the game came to Round 1 a few months ago. Thankfully, there are always people playing on Friday & Saturday night.

Of course... this weekend could be the last big one ever with the game coming out next Thursday (on Steam anyway).

So I have to preorder to get Eliza right? Does the Season Pass get you anything day 1 besides metallic stuff?

T7 arcade mode consists of just three fights before boss time. Previous games had on average eight. Incredibly difficult concept to grasp, I'm sure.

Is that the same as what's in arcades right now?

So I have to preorder to get Eliza right? Does the Season Pass get you anything day 1 besides metallic stuff?
Eliza can be obtained by paying separately for her, 30 days after launch. She's free if you pre-order (not from cdkeys.com though, they aren't offering any pre-order incentives)

And no, day 1 you only get the metallic stuff. But there's costumes and a new game mode coming in Summer so I don't imagine that's too far off from release. Maybe before EVO?

Eliza can be obtained by paying separately for her, 30 days after launch. She's free if you pre-order (not from cdkeys.com though, they aren't offering any pre-order incentives)

And no, day 1 you only get the metallic stuff. But there's costumes and a new game mode coming in Summer so I don't imagine that's too far off from release. Maybe before EVO?

Damn, I was wondering if I could hold out until Friday when I got paid, I really want it digitally on PS4 so I guess I'll just preorder it now before I forget.

You might enjoy a mode where you fight ugly, poorly "designed" custom characters ad infinitum. Arcade mode serves a different purpose (that's why it exists.)
Oh fuck, I didn't even think about treasure battle being littered with stupid customizations. I was looking forward to it. FUCK!

Of all fighting game series tekken always stood out to me. 5 and 6 were great.
Injustice is damn good but I'll most likely crack and grab this day 1. PC price point is tempting but the population is gonna be on PS4 im guessing?

Also hows Asuka these days?

I mean, I love blonde bowl cuts, Graucho Marx disguises, and yellowy underwears like the rest of you, but I don't need every character looking like that.
It's a ghost mode how did you not expect that...
I just didn't think of it until now....

So there really is no single player mode for me to sink into without the terrible customizations is there? Damn... another ugly Tekken on my tv screen. I don't know if I can justify a full priced purchase anymore. No hyperbole.

Yeah but that's the whole point of the Ghost Modes in Tekken since T5.
True, but it worked its way into arcade mode after so many rounds as well.

I'm saying, I knew how this worked, it just didn't dawn on me since I had more of a positive outlook on the game. Not meaning "I didn't think it'd have one" more like "oh shit, yeah this sucks".
Arcade Mode has no customs I think.
I wouldn't call three regular battles as something meaty enough to "sink" time into lol.

The actual arcade is like that, presumably so you get less time playing on the machine(which sucks cause you're paying like a dollar a game).

IDK why they wouldn't increase it for console. 8 fights is just right IMO.

ZeroX03

Banned
The vids I see mention that ps4 pro is 4k, but is it native 4k or checkerboard. Digital foundry only did an analysis on the base version, and we already know that it's 900p.
We still don't know how the XB1 version will be. XB1 version wasn't even shown at all. I never saw any footage of it. It could be a bad sign.

No chance that the Pro version will be 4K native or checkboard. Bamco rep here said it'll be either 1080p or slightly above, but here's hoping. Base PS4 only being 900p is telling enough.

I mean, I love blonde bowl cuts, Graucho Marx disguises, and yellowy underwears like the rest of you, but I don't need every character looking like that.

I just didn't think of it until now....

So there really is no single player mode for me to sink into without the terrible customizations is there? Damn... another ugly Tekken on my tv screen. I don't know if I can justify a full priced purchase anymore. No hyperbole.

Yeah, I really don't understand why there's no option to hide customizations. It's like they wanted to turn Tekken into Snapchat.

You guys could just do what I do.

Whenever I lose, I blame the opponent's customization.
It was either:

A) Too distracting
B) Too stupid
C) Too lame
D) Too cool
E) Too red
F) Too blue
G) Too dark
H) Too bright
I) Too boring
J) Too clever
K) the default outfit

-hadouken

I wouldn't call three regular battles as something meaty enough to "sink" time into lol.
It's certainly not enough in my view. Big fan of the franchise since '95, but without a fully featured arcade mode (or other offline mode that is ghost-free) I won't be picking it up.

k62Huxv.png

Top Bottom