• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Tekken 7 is number 2 on Amazon.

They have changed entire designs of characters like bride Nina and pirate Hwaorang.

They have implemented crowd and spectate friendly features like slow mo and rage arts.

They've included guest characters like Akuma to bring in new fans.

The visuals are an incredible step up from Tag 2.

But nah, no one cares about Tekken and Namco's just adding ponytails, breh. I highly suggest you read your post again and reflect. Saying Tekken 7 doesn't attract, with slo mo HYPE AF cam, rage arts, and amazing graphics is....out there. Tekken 7 is the most attractive fighting game on the market by a fair amount. If you think it's not attracting non-hardcore I highly suggest looking at its Amazon sale rank again.

Your post is grasping at straws on so many levels. Tekken 7 apparently isn't casual friendly because... new characters aren't featured in an intro? For real?
Tbh, I did say people are initially hyped but we'll see down the road how it goes.

Slo-mo and all that is cool, but what does it matter when you're watching two dorky customed fighters on screen?

And again, having new fighters is great, but who gives a shit (that isn't already invested) when they're hardly connected to the story and barely featured in the supposed hype inducing intros? I'm speaking as if I was someone outside of the fanbase or someone who has been gone for a while, not one of us.

I'm still getting it, I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it. But I'm a hardcore casual and I'm a sucker for the series no matter. Can't wait to take out my generic robe and food hat wearing, floating gun sporting enemies in slo-mo.

Numb

There are other complete and unique outfits to unlock and buy as customizations, some would qualify as crazy 3p outfits:

If they don't count because they're under customizations, oh well.

You are supposed to hide FishYoshi until they meet a random custom online and freak out

cordy

Banned
Tbh, I did say people are initially hyped but we'll see down the road how it goes.

Slo-mo and all that is cool, but what does it matter when you're watching two dorky customed fighters on screen?

And again, having new fighters is great, but who gives a shit (that isn't already invested) when they're hardly connected to the story and barely featured in the supposed hype inducing intros? I'm speaking as if I was someone outside of the fanbase or someone who has been gone for a while, not one of us.

I'm still getting it, I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it. But I'm a hardcore casual and I'm a sucker for the series no matter. Can't wait to take out my generic robe and food hat wearing, floating gun sporting enemies in slo-mo.
What?

Bruh you need to relax. Slow-mo is great as a viewer regardless of how "serious" and "wacky" their costumes look. Idk what you mean by this comment but this is wrong. There's nothing that says if a character is customized slow-mo looks wack. I don't get that.

When I think of cool Yoshi designs, my mind jumps to reskinned "superhero" (or "jester"?) pants and boots from TT2. Truly an inspiring design by Dr. B and/or the swordmaster himself. I wonder if I can find those sweatpants and uggs at a store.
What?

Bruh you need to relax. Slow-mo is great as a viewer regardless of how "serious" and "wacky" their costumes look. Idk what you mean by this comment but this is wrong. There's nothing that says if a character is customized slow-mo looks wack. I don't get that.
*shrug* It's hard for me to ignore I guess. It's why my Tekken playtime has been a fraction of what it once was. I can't tolerate more than a handful of ghost matches before quitting out. The same "leather daddy" studded straps and wings that make you float on defeat etc. It's just corny and unattractive to spend time with.

So, if I want to carry on my previous Kunimitsu tactics of a flurry of quick, if slightly less damaging, attacks before backing off and waiting for another opening, who's going to be my best bet?

Katarina seems like she's going to be pretty nifty on her toes, and Xiaoyu's apparently been buffed a bit, so could be a viable choice, although she's a little more 'technical'. Lili would normally be the 'correct' choice but I never really gelled with her in TTT2, consistently failing to connect with attacks.

This is Tekken. You can play defensive and poke with any character.

Kazumi, Feng or Alisa are good for that playstyle so maybe look into them.

Maybe this is too "edgy" and no fun allowed territory, but with photo-mode and video capture being a thing, I just want the game to look "cool" (or normal I should say) when I'm showing off stuff on social media.

dragunov seems like that style as well

Yeah, definitely. Drag is top tier actually, lol.

Maybe this is too "edgy" and no fun allowed territory, but with photo-mode and video capture being a thing, I just want the game to look "cool" (or normal I should say) when I'm showing off stuff on social media.

I wouldn't mind if there were more serious customizations to balance it out a bit. It must be an asian thing because all the pro players in Japan and Korea love making their characters as ugly as possible.

Yudoken

I'm on the fence, I'm a longgggg time fan of the series ever since Tekken 2, but no Eddy and no Anna is a huge deal for me.. :/

You missed out the Eddy announcement bro.

Your best chance is to play on pc and hope for mods to remove/replace annoying stuff.

cordy

Banned
When I think of cool Yoshi designs, my mind jumps to reskinned "superhero" (or "jester"?) pants and boots from TT2. Truly an inspiring design by Dr. B and/or the swordmaster himself. I wonder if I can find those sweatpants and uggs at a store.

*shrug* It's hard for me to ignore I guess. It's why my Tekken playtime has been a fraction of what it once was. I can't tolerate more than a handful of ghost matches before quitting out. The same "leather daddy" studded straps and wings that make you float on defeat etc. It's just corny and unattractive to spend time with.

So you're saying you want Tekken to be more serious to you when you play.

So you're saying you want Tekken to be more serious to you when you play.
More like "normal". I get that Tekken had always been silly, but it's overall tone wasn't.

I'd be equally as pissed if halfway through the campaigns in the Uncharted releases, the enemies started sporting the bunny ears and clown noses from the MP customizations. I'm buying the games because they're pleasing to the eyes, ears, mind and hands. Take away one, and it's no longer something I'll invest much time it.

Edit: I'm gonna jump off the hate train. It's disruptive and unattractive. I shouldn't let my personal disappointment affect the hype we all no doubt share. I'll wince in treasure battle but I'll live.

Them Alex vs Roger matches were super serious back in the day.
This is always a go-to retort, but that misses the point. Tekken can add a werewolf character or even a giant sloth fighter and it wouldn't bother me.

It's when you add dangling aliens and glue pizzas to their backs that takes me out. Aesthetics vs designs. Shouldn't be hard to grasp.

No one cares bout Tekken guys this ain't bringing back casual Tekken fans mayne. Because it don't have p2 costumes and new characters in the intro. This game a bomb, for real.

Lol
Point is obviously over your head, but you do realize Harada actually said this, right? They made the effort to make some 2P additions and word of mouth got better, including from me over the years. It's why I'm as hyped as I am (despite getting down on it last night again).

Jaeger

This is always a go-to retort, but that misses the point. Tekken can add a werewolf character or even a giant sloth fighter and it wouldn't bother me.

It's when you add dangling aliens and glue pizzas to their backs that takes me out. Aesthetics vs designs. Shouldn't be hard to grasp.

Because they are one in the same and speak to the tone Tekken has always been about. Tossing family members into volcanos, cyborgs and out of place/time ninjas. The game has a similar tone to other Japanese developed games of the time. Whatever you envision Tekken to be is not what it is. It's a game where bears (standing upright) participate in Martial Arts tournaments against living wooden Practice dummies, genetically altered Dinos and Kangaroos and aliens. A few dangling alien bits fit right in and are definitely not strange.

Because they are one in the same and speak to the tone Tekken has always been about. Tossing family members into volcanos, cyborgs and out of place/time ninjas. The game has a similar tone to other Japanese developed games of the time. Whatever you envision Tekken to be is not what it is. It's a game where bears (standing upright) participate in Martial Arts tournaments against living wooden Practice dummies, genetically altered Dinos and Kangaroos and aliens. A few dangling alien bits fit right in and are definitely not strange.
We're crossing character design and artistic vision with out of place aesthetics and fashion. I can take 4 fighters strapped to a rocket being blasted into outerspace, breaking free and fighting in zero g, falling back to earth and surviving (hypothetical)! But not with pizza glued to their backs and sushi or cake on their heads. One I these is badass fantasy that might make you laugh yes, but the other is ugly and corny lol.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
ibhgBol.png

I'm not convinced that will be properly recycled.

Doomshine

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere, but do we know when reviews go up?

Next week maybe? I know Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb is playing it. We know there is a day 1 patch though and I don't know if reviewers have access to that or know what's in it.

We're crossing character design and artistic vision with out of place aesthetics and fashion. I can take 4 fighters strapped to a rocket being blasted into outerspace, breaking free and fighting in zero g, falling back to earth and surviving (hypothetical)! But not with pizza glued to their backs and sushi or cake on their heads. One I these is badass fantasy that might make you laugh yes, but the other is ugly and corny lol.

Not always a bad thing

Steiner

Banned
Been playing through the story mode and am doing a deep dive this weekend (PS4). I can't say anything really until embargo lifts on Wednesday, but this is going to be interesting.

Day one patch is a little over 500GB as well, not sure if that's been discussed.

EDIT: I meant 500MB guys, so sorry! Was typing this right when I woke up. Haha

Pachimari

Been playing through the story mode and am doing a deep dive this weekend (PS4). I can't say anything really until embargo lifts on Wednesday, but this is going to be interesting.

Day one patch is a little over 500GB as well, not sure if that's been discussed.
500gb? Surely, this is a typo.

I am a fighting game noob and started with SFV with my PS3 stick. Is Tekken 7 going the same route letting you use a PS3 stick on PS4? Also, sorry if this is common knowledge but is cross-play a thing with Tekken 7?

NEO0MJ

I am a fighting game noob and started with SFV with my PS3 stick. Is Tekken 7 going the same route letting you use a PS3 stick on PS4? Also, sorry if this is common knowledge but is cross-play a thing with Tekken 7?

Supposedly yes, you can use PS3 sticks. And unfortunately no cross play.

Caj814

So what's the best place to preorder this digitally and get the bonuses? I usually go for greenman but don't even see it listed.

LegendX48

So what's the best place to preorder this digitally and get the bonuses? I usually go for greenman but don't even see it listed.

which version? Thinking of pre-ordering the PC version from gamebillet myself. They have the base game going for $40.95 and the deluxe for $63.50

I'm just debating which version to get

Top Bottom