• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 ships over 2 million copies

cordy

Banned
Welp, they'll make their endgoal then. They've got 5 months left to sell that little amount.

Proud of them.

Hooray for games that include all content in the base game becoming succesfull!

They will reach their expectations but...

It looks so low for the best selling fighting franchise.
Considering the fighting genre has been having a rough year, you take what you can get. Besides, it took Tekken 6 almost 2 years to get to 1,5 million sold units. Eventually getting up to 3,5 million sold. I can see T7 getting 4 million with this level of succes.

Instro

I would guess it does and he was just answering with the overall number, but I don't have proof.

Yeah you're probably right, just hard to tell given the original question. I suppose it would be weird for him answer so specifically, rather than just give the total sales.

PantsuJo

Happy to read this.
Tekken 7 is really cool and it deserves more love (and more Mishima husbandos and waifus too).

Now gimme dat Tekken Force and Tekken Ball DLCs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah you're probably right, just hard to tell given the original question. I suppose it would be weird for him answer so specifically, rather than just give the total sales.

He might also think the user is trying to differentiate from the mobile game that released recently.

Celine

Guess this makes it the best selling JP fighter this gen.
Depend if you consider Smash 4 a fighting game or to be part of "this gen":
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 5.24M
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS: 8.81M

Total Smash 4: 14.05M (as June 2017)

Best selling fighting game ever.

Almost all.

giphy.gif

voOsh

Is there any chance T7 or DBFZ (if similarly successful) could become Evo main event? Does Capcom have too much influence?

Neoxon

Is there any chance T7 or DBFZ (if similarly successful) could become Evo main event? Does Capcom have too much influence?
Tekken 7 was already a pretty successful Sunday game this year, & DBFZ will likely follow suit. That said, SFV still has more EVO entrants than Tekken 7 (or any other game at EVO 2017, for that matter), so having T7 or DBFZ take over as the main event is unlikely (more so Tekken 7, as DBFZ is currently an unknown quantity due to it not being out, yet). You also need to factor in that it's basically tradition to close out EVO with a Street Fighter game.

In short, at least on the esports side of things, Capcom's leading the pack. Either way, I fully expect both Tekken 7 & DBFZ to be Sunday games at EVO next year (unless Toonami wants to air DBFZ Top 8, which would make DBFZ a prime-time Saturday game).

DR2K

Banned

About zero. More people play SFV than T7 at evo, and that’s not even getting into the history of series as the main event.

Only 2 million.. I guess ARMS did really amazing at 1 million for a fighter. A new Smash needs to be made to elevate this poverty genre.

What's wrong with the PS4 version?

Really bad loading times.... I had to stop playing on PS4 I couldn't put up with it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Sales usually don't drive what gets picked up in fighting game eSports, at least in a major way.

Otherwise it would be Smash followed by Netherrealm fighters with everything else far behind.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Only 2 million.. I guess ARMS did really amazing at 1 million for a fighter. A new Smash needs to be made to elevate this poverty genre.
Injustice and For Honor are plausibly both 5+ million by now. Mortal Kombat X did hit that amount quite early in its lifespan.

Top Bottom