• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Welp.....time to update my chart.
untitled2f9ba.png

This is why I am on the edge of not supporting this franchise anymore despite how amazingly good FR looks. They clearly want to make a habit of ditching their worldwide fans. This is also why it sometimes stings when Markman says it's a good time to be a Tekken fan.

Edit: Didn't intend for this post to be at the very top. Sorry if my sour attitude ruins any excitement for this game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
untitled2f9ba.png

This is why I am on the edge of not supporting this franchise anymore despite how amazingly good FR looks. They clearly want to make a habit of ditching their worldwide fans. This is also why it sometimes stings when Markman says it's a good time to be a Tekken fan.

You've got Tekken 5's NA release date one year off.

Sayah

You've got Tekken 5's NA release date one year off.

Thanks for catching that. Meant to put February 2005, instead of February 2006. I'm still amazed at how fast that game transitioned from arcade to console, and it came packed with so much content. Anyways, updated chart is below.

Untitled29c4da.png

How many setups do they have? Did they open up playtime on Thurs?

Also any idea of how many ppl entered the FR tourney?

Just trying to get an idea about upcoming events and if they're worth attending. Thanks.

7 or 8 set ups.

Playtime was Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the entire show.

The tournaments cap at 128. We didn't have that many though. There's 4 pools and it was probably an average of 16 players per pool.

If the others are like Chicago then yeah, it's worth attending. There's just enough crowd and setups that there's always people playing but I never had to wait in a line of more than like 2 people.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
untitled2f9ba.png

Edit: Didn't intend for this post to be at the very top. Sorry if my sour attitude ruins any excitement for this game.

It is a good time to be a TEKKEN fan.

GrayFoxPL

T7FR looks phenomenal.

So happy to have this crisp,brisk Tekken gameplay back.Movement and SS look smooth again.TTT2 was a clunky mess.

Too bad its a good half a year away.

Anna please.My last wish for the cast(but I am sastisfied anyway)

Wut? You do know movement was hella downgraded in 7 right ? Sidestep in vanilla was so bad nobody used it. Just now they actualy brought back some of the mobility and reduced sidestep lag and it's still slower then previos games, you can see how slow bdc is clearly.

sasuke_91

Wut? You do know movement was hella downgraded in 7 right ? Sidestep in vanilla was so bad nobody used it. Just now they actualy brought back some of the mobility and reduced sidestep lag and it's still slower then previos games, you can see how slow bdc is clearly.

He was talking about how movement looks compared to TTT2, not how good it is in general (I think).

HeelPower

He was talking about how movement looks compared to TTT2, not how good it is in general (I think).

Movement and SS in FR look much improved compared to 7.0.

Movement and SS in TTT2 was perfect,actually.Its other mechanics that I disliked.

Malice215

I'll have to watch that 4K video again when I leave from work. I just bought a new GPU. Bought to upgrade the monitor as well. Hopefully there's cross play with PC so that the matchmaking doesn't suck. It's been the reason that I've been playing SFV for this long instead of flushing it.

I thought about swinging by Summer Jam since I live right by, but with no T7, there wasn't a reason for me to go. It was fun watching Wizard World and the archive of JDCR beating the breaks off Knee.

Tekken fans have lots to feel good about.

Coda

The best looking fighting game by a long,long shot.

Its a little crazy how much better the game looks compared to SFV,easily a gen and a half ahead.

T7FR took a while to make ,but they're delivering strongly.

Yeah it's crazy how amazing it looks. So dynamic/realistic yet at the same time colorful and stylistic. Best of all worlds honestly. Now I just have to decide if I should get the game for PS4 or PC.

AAK

I just saw this on the official Tekken twitter account:

Man damn Bronson has aged. I still remember looking at his match vids from T4. Good ol Insanelee at 1:55 here. Plus our very own AVKazama laying the smacktalk on Kane at the end of the vid.

HeelPower

Yeah it's crazy how amazing it looks. So dynamic/realistic yet at the same time colorful and stylistic. Best of all worlds honestly. Now I just have to decide if I should get the game for PS4 or PC.

I am going to guess that PSN will have the best and largest community of players.

Unless the online is shared,PC version will be relegated to "eye candy" version.

At any rate, I am sure a dedicated community will arise at some point.

Skilletor

I just saw this on the official Tekken twitter account:

Man damn Bronson has aged. I still remember looking at his match vids from T4. Good ol Insanelee at 1:55 here. Plus our very own AVKazama laying the smacktalk on Kane at the end of the vid.

lol. WGTribal is a friend of mine. He was like 12 and winning majors.

Hahahahaha, so many CO peeps in this vid. Saeng, BigD, WGTribal,

Edit: lmao, the callouts at the end. Jesus I'm old.

sasuke_91

Gheheh.

Both of you will fall to my deathfists.

gC16cY8.gif

Well... he has two deathfists now, and his RD version has + frames ( ._.)

Just signed up for Wizard World Austin brehs

Nice!

Kinda late to this, but by the time T7 comes out, I'll have to start paying $70 for online on PS4....The double dip plans might be changing... *listens to the beckoning voice*.

I have PS+ for quite a few years now and I only paid full price once. Other than that it's always been 40€ or less. Wait for it to be on sale and buy 2 years at once if you want to be sure. The price won't change until late next month.

Nuszka

Just hearing about the friendly fights amongst folk here makes me turn on tag2 and join in the battle, but the more i play it the more i want to get my hands on t7. Right now I'm trying to get myself busy with anything worth playing. Im still here lurking.
Month before the actual release sign me up for anything. During that time if you see me playing anything else then tag 2 just pm me and literally force me to spar with you. That goes to anyone EU based. Now lets get back to Deus ex.

GrayFoxPL

Just hearing about the friendly fights amongst folk here makes me turn on tag2 and join in the battle, but the more i play it the more i want to get my hands on t7. Right now I'm trying to get myself busy with anything worth playing. Im still here lurking.
Month before the actual release sign me up for anything. During that time if you see me playing anything else then tag 2 just pm me and literally force me to spar with you. That goes to anyone EU based. Now lets get back to Deus ex.

Month wont be enough. The rust, it is painful.
------------------------------
BTW, I think not training against characters that are not in T7 is a mistake.

Chang will 100% be in. Miguel, Ganryu and Kuma are equal candidates for a spot. I believe Armor King will be back nd stronger then ever. I even put Cyber Baek with a grain of salt.

No Lei no Low Stance characters unless heaveliy redesigned as eg low-mid stance that is easily hit by mids or even floated.

Anyone else want Kuni back for T7?

Would you guys rather have someone else take the character slot?

I still want Kunimitsu back. I do think it's unlikely with Master Raven just revealed, and i wouldn't mind if she had some of Kuni's moves either. (Also, i really am enjoying playing Raven in preparation. )

At this point i think i want either an entirely new female character, or Kuni. Zafina or Jun would make me pretty happy as well.

Let Miss Raven take some Kuni moves. No problem I say. Yoshi really didn't take anything from her in T7. His NSS FC df3 was originally his move anyway (and hers too, actually).

Wouldn't mind Raven having the f3 dash and follow ups, as well as her f4 knee, uf1+2 "throw", etc. Hmm. Maybe ss3+4 and ss1+2, using that new sword.

Ooooo. What if Raven got Kunis old unblockable knife stabs?

Seeing as how they're running out of roster space, I'd say Kuni is not looking good. Absorb some of her stuff into Raven. King got a few of AKs stuff. I'd say let Feng get some of his masters moves too, esp Waning Moon.

Can't have a Tekken without that throw.

I must be tired. Because now I'm envisioning a buffed Ancient Ogre in T7.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom