• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheon

I attended a media session yesterday for a bunch of Bandai Namco games here in Melbourne. Of course, Tekken 7 was part of the line-up so I spent all day playing with a co-worker. It was running on a GTX980, settings completely maxed out and my god it looked gorgeous.

Wow, good to hear you can play maxed out on a 980.

GrayFoxPL

damage scaling on deathfist IS GLORIOUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ThJWFaPsc4

nB1aNdp.gif

Geezas, Mountain Raze into qcb+4?!

7lX5193.gif

It should have been obvious, given all the positive reports worldwide, that the problem was elsewhere :

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/771646884993572864

----------------------------
I received that PSN message this morning from a IKatsuhiroHarada inviting me in the "HyperKenny's Tekken Dojo :

"Hello my friend!, would you like to join "HyperKenny's Tekken Dojo community please? It's at the bottom of my profile in the community list. It would be really cool if you joined! Please forgive me if my English is not great"

Is this legit ?

I got that same invite from HyperKenny's Dojo community awhile back and I eventually joined the community on PS4, but the guy who invited me had a regular name. It definitely wasn't anyone named IKatsuhiroHarada.

AllenShrz

Yesterday I encounter my first ever arcade rage quitter.

The game came to the last round vs (surprise surprise) a bob player, I got the lead and he was like 2 hits from KO, while he was on the floor he didnt move for a sec and then DC, very much like a console rage quit.

I thought it looked strange since arcade DC are super super rare but didn't think too much of it, 2 matches later I encounter the same guy and again on the last round I got the lead and like before, while he was on the floor and ready to be KO, another DC.

GrayFoxPL

Yesterday I encounter my first ever arcade rage quitter.

The game came to the last round vs (surprise surprise) a bob player, I got the lead and he was like 2 hits from KO, while he was on the floor he didnt move for a sec and then DC, very much like a console rage quit.

I thought it looked strange since arcade DC are super super rare but didn't think too much of it, 2 matches later I encounter the same guy and again on the last round I got the lead and like before, while he was on the floor and ready to be KO, another DC.

I wonder. Yanked the wires out of router? Has open arcade sell with everything sticking out? Ghahah I'd love to see that.
Once regequitter always a ragequitter. You exactly know what kind of people these are in real life.

AllenShrz

I wonder. Yanked the wires out of router? Has open arcade sell with everything sticking out? Ghahah I'd love to see that.
Once regequitter always a ragequitter. You exactly know what kind of people these are in real life.

I would depend on the arcade establishment, in some you can clearly see the LAN cables from where they come and where they are going.

sasuke_91

Arcade ragequitters? Now that's a thing i didn't expect to hear about, lol

Me neither. It seems really retarded. Standing in an arcade and pulling the LAN cable from the cab? Wouldn't people see that and call him out on it? How can someone pull that off twice without anyone beating the shit out of him :p

Nice avatar by the way :)

Played a few rounds yesterday with a friend of mine and he totally destroyed me. It seemed like everything I did resulted in him stepping or interrupting me. Stepping him seemed impossible and at the end of the session I was afraid to hit him and kept being defrnsive, but that only made it worse.
It was frustrating. The only other time that happens to me is when I play against Ice_Beam. Seems like I have to play more people like that to get used to it (and actually improve my gameplay).

Numb

Played a few rounds yesterday with a friend of mine and he totally destroyed me. It seemed like everything I did resulted in him stepping or interrupting me. Stepping him seemed impossible and at the end of the session I was afraid to hit him and kept being defrnsive, but that only made it worse.
It was frustrating. The only other time that happens to me is when I play against Ice_Beam. Seems like I have to play more people like that to get used to it (and actually improve my gameplay).

not everyone plays like me and can just side walk

AAK

You mean the garbage?

Sorry but all that is really annoying after a while, exposure overload.

PC version with mods to disable the carnival madness can't come soon enough!

Outside of tournament footage I stopped watching FR vids mostly because of how deep down the wonderland rabbit hole the customs/accessories/lifebars have gone.

Sayah

PC version with mods to disable the carnival madness can't come soon enough!

Outside of tournament footage I stopped watching FR vids mostly because of how deep down the wonderland rabbit hole the customs/accessories/lifebars have gone.
How would a PC mod remove items that can be used during gameplay - and the items that impact gameplay? If player A has a wand/sword/fish equipped and uses the item to damage Player B, then I don't understand how even a PC mod would get rid of the carnival of stupid that this games aesthetic presentation can turn into.

AAK

I suppose you'd still have to deal with the animations, but the effects and appearance can definitely be changed/removed. Stuff like the shower heads, butterfly wings, purple auras, lifebar outlines, balloons hanging around can be made translucent. And with the game's assets being done on Unreal Engine I'm sure there are even more established techniques for modders to customize those in game items.

GrayFoxPL

Full Akumer Video Movelist. Posted?

I see he has quite few moves I never seen used in matches, shame.

Btw is youtube working slow as shit for you guys too? Shit just buffers at 150kb, can't watch hd videos because it takes ages. Almost a week it's like that. Annoying.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing new team
HiYMKHe.jpg
fN4vRB4.jpg

I didn't play Mig in quite some time and had to relearn shit, but damn I love characters that hit hard and ask questions later. I'm shooting down more people with ff+2,1 then with deathfists now.

Difficult thing is trying to remember every move and best options and mixups for every situation at any time. Can get mindfucked in heat of battle. Miguel also gets off axis after some his moves all the time, gotta keep that in check too. Most annoying thing is if I get too few moves with Paul before bound, Mig's df+1 Sav 1,2,1 and df+4,1 Sav 1,2,1 will always miss last hit. Could be useful for a reset but happened to me accidentally too many times.

I had to be demoted twice with this team before it clicked but it finally did today. Battle starts "flowing", getting that synergy. And they even have "buddy" win poses, sweet. Mig's getting great wall carries in his combos and fillers. I got the timing of run up deathfist down after fillers. Basically on wall stage opponent will always and up at the wall after a combo. From any point. Still a lot to get down yet but man, very fun.

I hope when, WHEN Migs gets on that T7 train he'll starts shouting stuff in Spanish during moves. Tough I don't wanna lose the in battle voice actor. He's too good - Neeeyaaah!

Whacking fools for life!

erriWJG.gif

Sayah

I suppose you'd still have to deal with the animations, but the effects and appearance can definitely be changed/removed. Stuff like the shower heads, butterfly wings, purple auras, lifebar outlines, balloons hanging around can be made translucent. And with the game's assets being done on Unreal Engine I'm sure there are even more established techniques for modders to customize those in game items.

That would be good I guess. Except it might look weird and out place if someone for instance has an animation of shooting a gun but isn't holding a gun in their hand.

AAK

The guns aren't really that big of a deal, it's those 4ft wide pizza's, fairy wings, and all the other incessantly obnoxious accessories with the ostentatious auras that are the problem. I'll take invisible phantom projectiles being flung at me than looking at the mess of a system it's become for the entirety of T7's life cycle.

Regardless, still extremely thankful a PC version exists.

The guns aren't really that big of a deal, it's those 4ft wide pizza's, fairy wings, and all the other incessantly obnoxious accessories with the ostentatious auras that are the problem. I'll take invisible phantom projectiles being flung at me than looking at the mess of a system it's become for the entirety of T7's life cycle.

Sounds like a bad deal either way.

Coda

Where's the love for Katarina in this game? So far she's the most appealing and I love her many variations of kicks, but she doesn't seem like a popular character. Am I wrong? Being a Christie fan I feel like they have a similar vibe. Do people feel that she's good/viable in this game or too much of a beginner friendly character to be good?

AAK

Sounds like a bad deal either way.

One is like watching a Jedi force kick people around while the other is like watching the Insane Clown Posse starring in a Takashi Miike grand finale scene with Micheal Bay lens flare.

One of those is magnitudes easier to swallow.

Sayah

One thing I'm just noticing now is how FR pretty much seems to have completely removed the sparks. See the variations between the three different versions below.

Tekken 7 1st Location Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzi84vWG8hc#t=12m26s

Tekken 7 Vanilla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zpv-SL8M4w#t=17s

Tekken 7 FR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08hZ8jPb1I#t=17s

Where's the love for Katarina in this game? So far she's the most appealing and I love her many variations of kicks, but she doesn't seem like a popular character. Am I wrong? Being a Christie fan I feel like they have a similar vibe. Do people feel that she's good/viable in this game or too much of a beginner friendly character to be good?

Katarina's pretty great. Nice gameplay style and personality. Maybe if she was at the top of the tier list like a Shaheen, then she would be used more. But at the end of the day, tiers don't matter that much in Tekken anyway. They're still important but not as important as they would be in other fighting games.

Sayah

Yeah, it's nice they finally went PC. My support for this game is dependent on a number of factors though. I feel dirty supporting a Tekken 6 styled wait a second time.

Dereck

Katarina is relatively low on the most used character lists in Korean and Japan IIRC but so are many of the new characters in T7, the best Katarina players here are MysticBill and WeaponX. Is she beginner friendly? Dunno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbSJHlEBBIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-UKlwh60QA

Nuszka

Is it just me dreaming of some Tekken presence at that PlayStation press conference later today. Just imagine 4K t7 on ps4 Neo...

I play her!

I think she's decent. I'm confident if I got better at Tekken fundamentally I could do fairly well with her. She pretty much has everything, but not much exceptional.

I'm guessing she isn't popular because she isn't the type of waifu character the Japanese/Koreans like, she's mid to mid low tier and she's very simple to play. Like the hype about her being beginner friendly is true. She is super brain dead.

GrayFoxPL

Finally got KOFXIV. I was supposed to have it over a week ago but shop straight lied and I had to wait for them to actually acquire it first.

Damn the game is responsive as fuck. Really huge difference between this and 8 frames in Tag2 and SFV.

Sorry Squirrel, I said here already I can't answer any messages on PS4 while playing fighting games, legacy controllers don't work in PS4 dashboard.

I wanted to join on your invite but I couldn't find any option to do it. Where is it?

Coda

I play her!

I think she's decent. I'm confident if I got better at Tekken fundamentally I could do fairly well with her. She pretty much has everything, but not much exceptional.

I'm guessing she isn't popular because she isn't the type of waifu character the Japanese/Koreans like, she's mid to mid low tier and she's very simple to play. Like the hype about her being beginner friendly is true. She is super brain dead.

Word! That makes sense, I'm definitely gonna main her. I just love her fighting style and gracefulness, plus she's super hot and I've been into playing women characters in fighting games lately. :)

Finally got KOFXIV. I was supposed to have it over a week ago but shop straight lied and I had to wait for them to actually acquire it first.

Damn the game is responsive as fuck. Really huge difference between this and 8 frames in Tag2 and SFV.

Sorry Squirrel, I said here already I can't answer any messages on PS4 while playing fighting games, legacy controllers don't work in PS4 dashboard.

I wanted to join on your invite but I couldn't find any option to do it. Where is it?

Ah damn, i forgot. Sorry. It should have a join button on the bottom of the invite.. ?

Yeah same here. Her moves and animations are super cool. Couldn't be happier with her.

She does have some really good stuff. Pretty good mids, she's got a couple safe, long range mids. Her d/f+4 knee is a 15 frame long range safe mid that gets a combo on CH. Her hopkicks are good, in addition to u/f+4,4 she's got u/f+3+4 where she gets a guaranteed u/b+4 for good damage that's only -10. Her magic 4 has great range and you can do 4,4 or 4,4,4 . Her 1+2 throw break grab wall splats. Her damage is good, especially if she gets a wall splat. Her lows are okay, she's got decent low pokes and her d/b+3 knock downs and is mostly unseeable. Her FC+d/f+4 has great range and is unseeable but isn't adv on hit.

Where are invites stored in game? I just got psn notification and went looking for join or confirm invites option and couldn't find anything.

Under Notifications on the dashboard is an invitations... Wait, in-game? I dunno... can't you access the dash at all?

Guess you'd either have to search for my room or you'd have to make one instead.

GrayFoxPL

Under Notifications on the dashboard is an invitations... Wait, in-game? I dunno... can't you access the dash at all?

Guess you'd either have to search for my room or you'd have to make one instead.

What the fuck SNK, the game doesn't know someone invited me to a room? Who designed this shit? Every game has "check invites" button.

I'll ask someone to navigate this shit from dashboard next time. Thanks a fucking lot SNK.

GrayFoxPL

Seems like Ps4 Pro and T7 in 4k sounds like a possibility.

I'm glad PS4 Pro seems to be mostly "just" IQ upgrade. I was worried they'll make games run at 120 fps making PS4 "Poor" versions look like shit. Phew.

I was thinking: "Harada will pop up any second and show Tekken 7 FR PRO at 120 fps, fuck!"

If someone is rich enough to afford 4K TV then Pro will cost pennies for them - good, they can enjoy the hyper res.

With my bad eyes I wouldn't even see a difference, lol.

Nuszka

I'm glad PS4 Pro seems to be mostly "just" IQ upgrade. I was worried they'll make games run at 120 fps making PS4 "Poor" versions look like shit. Phew.

I was thinking: "Harada will pop up any second and show Tekken 7 FR PRO at 120 fps, fuck!"

If someone is rich enough to afford 4K TV then Pro will cost pennies for them - good, they can enjoy the hyper res.

With my bad eyes I wouldn't even see a difference, lol.

They said that 1080p pro mode will look better, whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom