• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

My dad once told me the ass is like the mouth, you can get tired of eating the same thing day after day. My dad fathered a child outside his marriage too by the way. As committed as he was to my mother he got tired of the same pussy day in and day out. FYI
CYnFDVpWkAE8UpF.png

DEATH™

To be honest Boutdown, you played the living shit out of TTT2. Even sex can get tiresome.

My dad once told me the ass is like the mouth, you can get tired of eating the same thing day after day. My dad fathered a child outside his marriage too by the way. As committed as he was to my mother he got tired of the same pussy day in and day out. FYI

The problem tho is T7 doesnt really offer anything new or substantial if you are a vet in the series. I mean, Its already simplified compared to Tag 2, less characters to explore (and the replacement characters are even much barebones than the replaced chars mostly), and to add to insult, the game was out in like almost 3 years with other people discovering everything before you.

At least with Tag 2, people explored and discovered stuff even after koreans and japanese toyed with the game for years.

TBF with dereck, I go to many places like TZ and Discord Tekken channels and bout wasnt alone in this.

DEATH™;241041952 said:
The problem tho is T7 doesnt really offer anything new or substantial if you are a vet in the series. I mean, Its already simplified compared to Tag 2, less characters to explore (and the replacement characters are even much barebones than the replaced chars mostly), and to add to insult, the game was out in like almost 3 years with other people discovering everything before you.

At least with Tag 2, people explored and discovered stuff even after koreans and japanese toyed with the game for years.

TBF with dereck, I go to many places like TZ and Discord Tekken channels and bout wasnt alone in this.

In a old Tekken thread I said they should make an entire FPS story based campaign. They almost did it but chickened out apparently. They should go for it.

Damn, this is the complete opposite for me. To me it feels like the game came out only a couple of days ago.

Same and its mostly coming from me having to readjust the way I play and unlearn all my TTT2 habits. Learning Lee(new main) in a new context is pretty damn fun although it was a struggle at first because I was forcing myself to do too much.

Because the game is out now, there's a lot less to talk about since most of my time and energy went into Tekken 7 release date improv related jokes. I have solely watched streams, which is the only thing I've been doing associated with this game besides reading people talk about it. Personally the release of this game, to keep it short has made me realize how bereft I was in other activities or topics to be preoccupied with. My passion and love has been dramatically ebbed, Tekken 7 has pretty much released me from my own commitment to the series overall.

So basically you ate too much sweets before the main course and spoiled your appetite....once again people over hyped themselves.

What I do find off is people saying "oh the discovery period is over" and I'm sitting on twitter seeing new tech being dropped for old and new characters every day so i think that's factually wrong and I think people wanted this game so bad that they can't see beyond their expectations to truly enjoy the game. there's some definite shit that's wrong and off with the game but the actual gameplay still hasn't been completely uncovered. I think even in that case, you yourself personally haven't discovered everything. There's a stark difference in knowing shit and applying shit to your game so the discovery period no matter who had the game the longest, is always there.

GrayFoxPL

Why is this game boosting ranks of characters I never touched? Go to Ranked Brawler: "Hey now all your characters are 3rd dan, because." lol.

Numb

orly.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
But if I later want to try Gigas, he could be grand master because I played my Paul to warrior. What's with the fact I'm 100 times worse with Gigas at this point. Ridiculous.

Hope this ends at some point.

So you lose a few times and get demoted. It's a non issue.

But if I later want to try Gigas, he could be grand master because I played my Paul to warrior. What's with the fact I'm 100 times worse with Gigas at this point. Ridiculous.

I mean tbh you should be used to losing at this point.

Not to be snarky or anything but you play Tekken, you know how difficult it can get.

GrayFoxPL

I mean tbh you should be used to losing at this point.

Not to be snarky or anything but you play Tekken, you know how difficult it can get.

I know, that's why I want to have a chance to gradually get used to him when ppl play seriously in ranked. Ppl mostly don't play for real in player matches, basically it's all experiments and testing.

I'm still stalling for time, don't even want to go high because
if my opponents knew my df and db inputs just work(and don't) randomly, I'd be dead every fight.

I need my true controls.

I'm holding on a thread of hope, but the feel in my guts tells me there's none.

sasuke_91

Getting a new character to Grand Master should be no problem after an hour in the lab if you managed to get your main to Warrior. Now you don't have to beat up scrubs to get to that point.

GrayFoxPL

Getting a new character to Grand Master should be no problem after an hour in the lab if you managed to get your main to Warrior. Now you don't have to beat up scrubs to get to that point.

I know but it's not always like: "You're good with X you're good with everyone."

But yeah, maybe you guys are right, since there are no loses visible it all doesn't matter really.

Edit:

Wait, the "coins" are visible.

We all know everyone wants to get rid that pesky gray one in the middle asap, hehe.

Rajang

Green ranks are a joke in this game. Seems like yellow rank is the new green rank.

Fuck Eliza & tons of people here are talking about switching to PC. 8 frames has a lot of people in tilt.

Yes, also it's 7.2 frames on PS4.

Xbox One is 6.2.

PC even less with vsync off.

Also ZTS when we playing, i'm on PS4 and PC.

CSX

Talked to Harada. Harada said more patches are incoming. Possible reduction of input lag on PS4. Ranked & lobby rematch revamps.

Really hope that they can do this. Characters feel like they move with full bladders compared to PC.

PC version with gsync is just <3

Talked to Harada. Harada said more patches are incoming. Possible reduction of input lag on PS4. Ranked & lobby rematch revamps.

All of this sounds wonderful. I want to play the PS4 version but it's so hard to go between the two that I just stick to PC due to the input lag. Quick rematch would be a godsend for the long sets I have with friends too. Harada da bes.

Man, I know people said Shaheen was basic, but good lord that man is straight white bread in terms of gameplan and executing it. Got him to the same rank (brawler) as my Miguel and Dragunov in a couple hours just by abusing d/f+1, whiff punish hopkick and slide mixups. Not that any of this is boring, mind you. The Ric Flair strut of his step stance, the using opponents as snowboards of his enders, and the screeching of my pet hawk with the rage art all make it super amusing to play. Dude's great.

GrayFoxPL

It also would made sense to get items in ranked match. Going through Treasure mode is tedious because you are just looking at loading screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dRGtpLhK3I

^That is a GREAT example of the struggles that I'm noticing with Ling. See how Claudio seems to get launchers practically for free with that hopkick/genocide cutter? Meanwhile, Ling has to work *extra hard* to trigger a juggle.

Play Claudio then.

If all you can see and all you want to do is juggling people into catastrophic damage, then Ling is obviously a poor character choice for you.

Ling has toooons of strong points, but evidently they are wasted in your current playstyle. Play someone else.

Play Claudio then.

If all you can see and all you want to do is juggling people into catastrophic damage, then Ling is obviously a poor character choice for you.

Ling has toooons of strong points, but evidently they are wasted in your current playstyle. Play someone else.

Give up on a character I've been playing since 1996 sounds silly and defeatist.

I also think Claudio is a dumb character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4klVo-8Pro

Watching this I learned that I struggle with spacing. When my opponent backs up to the far edge of the screen, and I struggle with closing the gap without taking damage.

In all the videos I have watched, opponents are ON TOP of Ling, and she can do her tricks. I can RDS, Spin, Flip, Hyp all I want, but it doesn't matter if the other person is a full screen away.

https://youtu.be/g4klVo-8Pro?t=16m14s

^This frustrates me. I'm up to 83 wins (lots of losses, ofc), and I still have yet to successfully evade a mid from AOP. I can't tell if she's going under that low punch or if it is a sidestep. Doing stuff like this is why I like to play Ling (mindtricks)

^Also frustrating. When I dash from AOP like that I'm eating a launcher before 4~3 comes out. What I do notice, though, is that I don't go into RDS on a floored opponent. I'm usually doing XMTS to get them if they try to stand or attack. Or SS+3 if they have been blocking XMTS. I'll try this to see how it works.

In that video, Tanukana fights a lot of the same "type" of character, like Dravonov, Lars. Would like to see some other chars like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOx_3p6rs8w

Watch the first 12 minutes or so of this video and you'll see how Tanukana struggles mightily to close the gap against Kazumi. (that low parry is precisely why I prefer XMTS from dash, which, I don't really see people using anymore these days)

Hmm. I feel a lot better knowing that the best Ling players in the world have these problems too....

GrayFoxPL

Dragunov in Brawler. He's fun though I unintentionally fuck up a lot. I'll try get everyone to Brawler and hopefully by then I get the patch.

Ragedrive looks too funny when it hits raw, can't concentrate XD.

Everyone rocking Rainmaker King. He's everywhere.

Spuck-uk

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dRGtpLhK3I

^That is a GREAT example of the struggles that I'm noticing with Ling. See how Claudio seems to get launchers practically for free with that hopkick/genocide cutter? Meanwhile, Ling has to work *extra hard* to trigger a juggle.

Ling is probably the best character in the game, and has a stupid amount of great launchers. Hell she has a hopkick as well

She's the most awkward character to fight against.

Sayah

Just a quick list of my thoughts after playing ranked today.

The Good
- Jukebox is amazing
- Graphics and character models are phenomenal in most areas

The Bad

- Netcode is worse than TTT2
- Gameplay is not much of an evolution from Tekken 6

The Ugly
- Matchmaking is horrid; I was expecting more after how well Pokken was handled
- Souq and Jungle Outpost look hideous in contrast to their vanilla counterparts
- Other people's atrocious customs

In the end, too little, too late. I'd rather they just remastered Tekken 6 with good netcode and released that instead of making us wait 3 years.

Hyun Sai

This is where I'm a litte confused when I hear of the Korean unfair 2 years advance. I don't really see how much different they play from the other Tekken games.

Perhaps I'm not looking closely enough.

Sayah

This is where I'm a litte confused when I hear of the Korean unfair 2 years advance. I don't really see how much different they play from the other Tekken games.

Perhaps I'm not looking closely enough.

Well the game isn't completely void of discovery and having the matchup experience against new characters is of course also helpful.

I hope we dont have to wait till the end of the tekken tour for a dlc/update. At the same time, an update with balance changes and new chars rolling out midway tour would be... very namco.

Just a quick list of my thoughts after playing ranked today.

The Good
- Jukebox is amazing
- Graphics and character models are phenomenal in most areas

The Bad

- Netcode is worse than TTT2

The Ugly
- Matchmaking is horrid; I was expecting more after how well Pokken was handled
- Souq and Jungle Outpost look hideous in contrast to their vanilla counterparts
- Other people's atrocious customs

In the end, too little, too late. I'd rather they just remastered Tekken 6 with good netcode and released that instead of making us wait 3 years.

Its a divergence....but I already know where this conversation is gonna go.

Inskipp

Anyone here know how to disable the UE4/Autodesk intros on startup of T7? Tried digging around the installation directory, and there doesn't seem to be separate files for them, at least in the Movies-folder.

sasuke_91

Incorporated some spins and random Rain Dances into my Ling.

Playing a lot better with the knowledge that people are afraid of me.

That shouldn't be your goal but if it helps putting that fear into your opponent, go for it. It's basically how Xiaoyu is meant to be played. Making your opponent afraid of your mixup and getting him to duck or whiff/make a mistake.
And don't be afraid to be a little creative. Try some things and see if they work.

AAK

PS4 version strikes again.

Some of you guys here might have heard of FoxFists. The guy lives around 100 km away from me and we had online sessions all the time throughout TTT2. In T7 whenever we get into a lobby and begin the match, after selecting stages the game hangs in a "syncing" screen for at least 3 minutes before booting everyone back into the lobby. This happened every time we tried. We proposed to attempt a death match through ranked since we can now see the player we're matched against. Eventually when we got paired we get the dreaded "connection lost" screen again.

It's getting very difficult to enjoy this game when this is what I have to deal with in my limited gaming time compounded by the already unacceptable load times.

Doomshine

I wish I could say the same (well, maybe not) so we knew it was a consistent problem for everyone, but I've been able to play against the same people I did in Tag 2.

GrayFoxPL

GGs Nuszka. Fun games! I couldn't touch your Bryan. Those 1,2,1's, df+2,1_3, orbitals and snake edges messed me up and d+1 stopped me every time. I was furious that even when I saw snake edge and held db my pad decided to go b at the last frames, shit. Those dropped combos too. Not that I wouldn't lose anyway, You overwhelmed me and made all the good reads and decisions. Got pwned clean. I gotta try Bryan tomorrow, you made him look so beastly! Hope to play you more soon. Hope I'll be little more ready for dat Bryan!

GGs Sasuke and Doomshine.

I'm so glad I could play you guys again like good old times!

When I noticed Doom is not blocking Lee's Laser Edge kicks:

V5tM1Mt.gif

Dem Tekken 2 tactics still workin' 20 years later.

mQFVXWf.jpg

sasuke_91

GGs GrayFox and Doomshine. That reminded me of the times when it was basically the 3 of us representing EU GAF.
Man, times were great when a certain someone wasn't around shittalking all the good players &#128524;

GGs Sasuke and Doomshine.

I'm so glad I could play you guys again like good old times!

Your Paul is as deadly as ever. I hate him so much. I really have to think twice about how to put pressure on you. I tend to push buttons when I'm at a disadvantage and eat shredders. AOP at point blank isn't that great of an idea against Paul either. Her mini-SSR is enough to avoid death fist though (or does AOP go under death fist in general?).
I feel like I did better against Doom even though he destroyed me. I started playing Shaheen as well, but Doomshine already has him figured out while I can't even combo consistently. My Shaheen is the most boring character you can imagine. I ducked 4,1 occasionally though, so I'm kinda happy with my performance.

GrayFoxPL

GGs! I'm glad we could connect unlike T6.

I tried to low parry every time, I swear :(

Low parry, lol. Just look up frames on this shit. It's so bad.

Yeah, when you got your rhythm with Raven it was scary.

GGs GrayFox and Doomshine. That reminded me of the times when it was basically the 3 of us representing EU GAF.
Man, times were great when a certain someone wasn't around shittalking all the good players &#128524;

Your Paul is as deadly as ever. I hate him so much. I really have to think twice about how to put pressure on you. I tend to push buttons when I'm at a disadvantage and eat shredders. AOP at point blank isn't that great of an idea against Paul either. Her mini-SSR is enough to avoid death fist though (or does AOP go under death fist in general?).
I feel like I did better against Doom even though he destroyed me. I started playing Shaheen as well, but Doomshine already has him figured out while I can't even combo consistently. My Shaheen is the most boring character you can imagine. I ducked 4,1 occasionally though, so I'm kinda happy with my performance.

Yeah I consider us 3 golden boys of Tekken GAF (EU) :D

I don't know why but I react to Ling's BT better in T7. It's looks tiny bit different.

AOP should duck deathfist.

Didn't play Shaheen yet but I remembered couple moves: flip launcher, orbital, slide and 4,1 so I watched for those and plowed through.

Nuszka stopped my Paul dead so I guess do what he does.

I must recheck Josie's moveset. Wanted to try her on you guys but forgot her stuff and resigned. I was shocked my shitty Lee worked so well, lol.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, but unless they changed it you should be able to low parry even on hit.

It is little changed. It pushes a bit further on hit then before. I don't know about low parry factor though.

Edit:

I must seriously check out Bryan's qcb+2,4 because I used to block and duck the second hit on reaction in Tag2. But when Nuszka dit it to me 2178 times today I got hit every time. It's like the timing was all wrong and it was faster.

Top Bottom