• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

AllenShrz

PC ver is so godlike, the online kind of works, much better graphics, fast loading times and there is actual competition. I thought that being in Japan would mean no matches since PC gaming is not popular here but I'm glad I was wrong. I don't think it will last but for now is good.

Going back to ps4pro feels so sluggish in comparison, 1080p looks so muddy, long loading times and to get into a simple rank battle is a nightmare.... pity that T4 Jin is chained to that version :/

Do tournaments. They work just fine. I have had no issues connecting to people. I've only done casual and tournament matches though.

Been kicked during a running tournament. Tried getting into others but have the same issues I have with sessions. "Could not join."
This would be the first game I play that has issues with my NAT Settings if that's the issue but I don't know if it is.

GrayFoxPL

Do tournaments. They work just fine. I have had no issues connecting to people. I've only done casual and tournament matches though.

I can't connect to anybody also only private with gaffers matches. Didn't try tourneys but lobbies also don't work. On Tag 2 I had something like 17000 matches with randoms. Guys on Tekken Zaibatsu also can't connect. It's widespread, I think.

If a patch doesn't help I'll talk to my net provider to do something. I have NAT2 some games like Uncharted 4 Online or Tag2 have no problem connecting but T7 and Kof14 just don't work.

I can't connect to anybody also only private with gaffers matches. Didn't try tourneys but lobbies also don't work. On Tag 2 I had something like 17000 matches with randoms. Guys on Tekken Zaibatsu also can't connect. It's widespread, I think.

If a patch doesn't help I'll talk to my net provider to do something. I have NAT2 some games like Uncharted 4 Online or Tag2 have no problem connecting but T7 and Kof14 just don't work.

It's widespread it's not your internet connection.

PhineBuyM3

So power crushes go through Yoshi's flash and spirit shield. Fuck whoever on the dev team made it this way

wpid-wp-1427627212685.gif

So power crushes go through Yoshi's flash and spirit shield. Fuck whoever on the dev team made it this way

wpid-wp-1427627212685.gif

Lol. I get the frustration. But I can understand the reasoning too. Flash is a normal attack like anything else. If it was a low, a throw, or unblockable (or rage art) it would stop it.

Super Flash rage art (which has about 50% damage mitigation) will stop PC's cold tho. As do unblockables. Bad breath will shut them down. Also don't forget as long they are considered a "counterable move", Yoshi can counter with 1+2 parry.

joeblow

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried three tournies for the first time and they played out decently enough. It didn't even takenlong to connect to a lobby (PS4 Pro).

CSX

Just cross posting from T7 OT, i made a google spreadsheet for yall to input and share your PSN, Steam ID, gamertag info to people on GAF so yall have an easier time to match up agaisnt each other. Quote this post to see the link

Share the link around on gaf so we can make a decent list :)

Pachimari

Just cross posting from T7 OT, i made a google spreadsheet for yall to input and share your PSN, Steam ID, gamertag info to people on GAF so yall have an easier time to match up agaisnt each other. Quote this post to see the link

Thanks CSX, I added myself!

AllenShrz

No one in Jpn :/

Dereck

NYC Fab wins the NLBC tournament and says

He's not trying to use Miguel anymore because he's figured out the character to the point where playing him has become boring

Real Tekken is back (1v1)

He's tired of seeing JDCR winning (I got 'em)

and: Just because I got a shorty don't mean I ain't there

Dereck

I've most likely plateaued by this point in Tekken's lifetime, however I haven't enjoyed losing this much in awhile.

GrayFoxPL

Got myself GGXRevelatorRev2 to play some fighter until T7 hopefully gets fixed.

My "legacy" pad works perfectly with this.

I'll try get back into SFV but it's hella difficult to play for me, too many buttons.

Capcom needs to learn that 3 and 4 are the magic numbers.

Rajang

Got myself GGXRevelatorRev2 to play some fighter until T7 hopefully gets fixed.

My "legacy" pad works perfectly with this.

I'll try get back into SFV but it's hella difficult to play for me, too many buttons.

Capcom needs to learn that 3 and 4 are the magic numbers.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

I would love to play with you in T7.

GrayFoxPL

Hope it gets fixed soon.

I would love to play with you in T7.

Yeah, it's hard to play other games while you are thinking of just one.

The withdrawal shakes will come.

I'm not counting they'll fix it right away but I'm really hoping that when they'll be releasing online patch they'll include that fix in it. I guess it'll take a month at the least?

GrayFoxPL

Played online today.

"Played" it's difficult to say since when I push df+something there is only random chance I actually get df instead of forward input. Sometimes it works 5 times in row to completely fail next 4.
Often I feel like I need to hit just frame by just pushing df+1 same goes for db.

If you guys saw command history you'd facepalm. Df will sometimes come out in 1\60 of a second randomly among 5-6 different inputs...by just pushing df once. Yeah.

ddWN4FU.gif

Hope I get that patch.

Even with broken pad I was beating up noobs, but it's no fun. They don't know what's going on yet.

Later I had super long session with great Feng player vs my Kaz. We played till death. It's funny, it was like a setup, he whooped me 2 times then I whooped him 2. Over and over like that. Feng seems more fair in this despite being buff.

I don't understand why hellsweep 1 doesn't come out on this pad for me mostly. I check the button - works. I hit hellsweep 1 - the punch doesn't come out. No register bozo! Bizzare shit, this pad has mind of it's own and it doesn't like me.

Some of the character changes make me go:

EzaEMqI.gif

Kazuya lost uf(or b,b in old)2,2 that move was ncc launcher in T5 and T6 then was made completely shit in Tag2. Now it's gone.

Kaz lost f+1+2, f+2 an hit confirm extension to a super slow, launch punishable move that made it little safer but still punishable. All that's left is the super slow move that means death to Kaz. Why?

Kaz lost tgf 3 and tgf 4 extensions to -15 move that could hit impatient opponent. Unsafe but at least you could attempt to save your ass a little.

Kaz can't do uf+4,4 extensions on block to try to hit punishing opponent. Philosophy was if I do uf+4,4 and you block, I get launched but if I do uf+4,4,4 and you react after uf+4,4, I get a launch. It was a matter if opponent would wait or not to launch punish. That time of indecision was what often saved me. It's gone totally, always like -25. See a pattern here? You can never minimize the risk with already very risky moves now.

df+1, extensions mind tricks are gone too. Earlier df+1,2 was mid high with +1 on block. df+1,4 was mid high and a launcher and only df+1, f+2 was mid-mid. Whole point was doing df+1,4 and df+1,2 to force or encourage opponent ducking then doing df+1, f+2. and the other way around, you did df+1,f+2 to keep opponent from ducking to be able to do df+1,2 frame traps.

Now, df+1,2 is a mid mid, df+1,4 is mid high, not a launcher and df+1,f+2, is mid mid like always. There's no point for opponent to duck anything, he'll always be at an advantage by blocking high every option Kaz has. No mind games. Zero point.

It's like someone cared only for an electric and nothing else and now you can hit 2 slow wgf(not electric) and df+1,4 will still connect. Huh? What? Also super kick got huge damage boost instead. Loltastic.

f,f+4 is good but b+4 is bit too slow for a high spin kick, not terrible though.

Damage scaling is bonkers too. I did various combos with Paul and more hits the less damage. His best generic bnb is launcher like qcf+1, df+1 b, 4S!, deathfist - 68 points everything else goes from 62-66. Stuff like qcf+1,b+3,3,2,b+1,2S! Demo Man is less damage then simplest 4 hit deathfist combo mentioned above. Longer combos only for wall carry. No point other then that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys wanna play sometimes, I'll try. Just don't expect normal play on a level but if you want test and experiment with your new characters then it should be ok. It's better then practice mode and cpu. And it's better to play even with a bad pad than not play at all.

For serious matches we gotta wait until the legacy support will be fixed...hopefully...

HeelPower

.....the lack of instant rematch.

The only thing I like about online at the moment is the addition of Tournament mode.

Other wise I am really disappointed in how sluggish everything is.

I really hope they address some of the things covered in this post. Waiting for the next Tekken (minimum 5 years) just isn't an option.

PhineBuyM3

Getting tired people trying to get cheap wins with the new characters/akuma and then leaving or closing the room when you shut that shit down.

Also another complaint about Yoshi, god damn b+3 spin doesn't avoid akuma's wack ass rage art
camby.png

Damage scaling is bonkers too. I did various combos with Paul and more hits the less damage. His best generic bnb is launcher like qcf+1, df+1 b, 4S!, deathfist - 68 points everything else goes from 62-66. Stuff like qcf+1,b+3,3,2,b+1,2S! Demo Man is less damage then simplest 4 hit deathfist combo mentioned above. Longer combos only for wall carry. No point other then that.

It's not "bonkers" :D wasn't that a thing they said they clearly wanted to do. Make combos shorter.

Damage scaling is bonkers too. Longer combos only for wall carry.

Longer combos actually do more damage, as long as you front load. The first two hits after you launch someone -have to be- high damage, after that more hits is usually better. Especially if it gets you to the wall, of course.

Paul's weird with deathfist anyway. Try it with Kaz. I can guarantee you don't get optimal damage with a 4 hit combo.

But it's true that they intentionally made longer combos have comparatively less of a damage reward. I don't dislike it.

GrayFoxPL

It's not "bonkers" :D wasn't that a thing they said they clearly wanted to do. Make combos shorter.

Not necessary shorter if you want to go to a wall you still need those ridiculous long juggles but I know what you mean.

Longer combos actually do more damage, as long as you front load. The first two hits after you launch someone -have to be- high damage, after that more hits is usually better. Especially if it gets you to the wall, of course.

Paul's weird with deathfist anyway. Try it with Kaz. I can guarantee you don't get optimal damage with a 4 hit combo.

But it's true that they intentionally made longer combos have comparatively less of a damage reward. I don't dislike it.

Kaz is the same most of the time. 2 electrics, df+1,4 and f,d,df+3 seems to deal most damage. If you notice in combo videos he either must do 15 electrics, wall carry with wall combos or use Rage stuff for big damage. But I'm talking basic combos anyone could use online not unpractical hard ones.

What shocked me is what kind of crazy damage Katarina could do in her bnb compared to my Kaz and Paul. She has very high damage screws and harrier knee(4) just demolishes as well as pushing far to the wall. Someone destroyed me with 2 Gigas combos too.

Seems like new character are very well tailored to the new combo system.

I'm not saying I don't like this new system, it's interesting but when I see that my 9 hit perfect Demo Man combo does way less damage then, let's admit it, primitive 4 hit deathfist combo I go little:

FmTiksk.gif

I don't like how simplistic Kazuya has become in this. At this point in the series I wished he was at least as varied as Heihachi who has a lot more options and more varied playstyle. He's just "more". All you need to know about Kaz is that he has electric, hellsweep and df+2. That's it, 3 move guy. Now he's more predictable than Paul.

Paul's deathfist damage is stupid. Seriously. I'd rather they give moves that are combo fillers more damage and weaken deathfist. Like with Kaz they're again simplifying a character. Coming from DR the deathfist there was weak but still respectable and you had to use whole arsenal of moves to win. In T7 if you score 2 deathfists opponent is probably near death or dead.

So your character is blessed with an easy, consistent, high damage (though not optimal) combo route and that's a bad thing somehow?

I don't understand this line of thinking at all.

Anyway, since you've been complaining about your supposedly dumbed down characters for such a while, isn't this the best time to pick up someone new? The new guys are pretty cool. Or learn one of the older complex characters. There's definitely ones that reward good execution with much better combo routes/options.

The game needs quality of life improvements. Odd how they got so much right with Tag 2 that isn't there right now in T7. I wonder if FilthieRich working at Namco during the creation of Tag 2 really helped.

Rajang

Paul's deathfist damage is stupid. Seriously. I'd rather they give moves that are combo fillers more damage and weaken deathfist. Like with Kaz they're again simplifying a character. Coming from DR the deathfist there was weak but still respectable and you had to use whole arsenal of moves to win. In T7 if you score 2 deathfists opponent is probably near death or dead.

Paul is ridiculous in this game.

AAK

WTF Miguel... was WS+2 always a 14 frame launcher or did they just make that move 1 frame faster?

Also, beware guys, Miguel's d/b+4 is no longer launch punishable. It's only -14 now.

And his b+1 is pretty ridiculous. A 11 frame safe counter hit launcher that leads to 70 damage.

Doomshine

WTF Miguel... was WS+2 always a 14 frame launcher or did they just make that move 1 frame faster?

Also, beware guys, Miguel's d/b+4 is no longer launch punishable. It's only -14 now.

And his b+1 is pretty ridiculous. A 11 frame safe counter hit launcher that leads to 70 damage.
Yes he has a 14f ws launcher now.

AAK

It also looks like Miguel's new d/b+2 tracks really well in every direction. But it's -9 on block so you will lose your turn.

Big nerf is that his b+4 is now -14. But it is an armor move now.

He also joins Lili and Hwoarang as one of the few characters with a launching armor move. SAV 1+2 is an armored launcher. Regular version is launch, charged version is -12 but with heavy pushback.

Inskipp

Any tips for a new Feng-player? Picked him up first time in T7. Having a good time with him, so I'm probly gonna stick with him a little longer.

GrayFoxPL

So your character is blessed with an easy, consistent, high damage (though not optimal) combo route and that's a bad thing somehow?

I don't understand this line of thinking at all.

Anyway, since you've been complaining about your supposedly dumbed down characters for such a while, isn't this the best time to pick up someone new? The new guys are pretty cool. Or learn one of the older complex characters. There's definitely ones that reward good execution with much better combo routes/options.

Why should I not complain? I'm character loyalist, I don't drop my mains on a whim. When I see stuff done to "my" characters I don't like I just say it. No one ever needs to agree.

I know every older character, I play this shit 20 years. I'm checking everyone slowly, I can't get into this seriously until I'm able to play it properly.

Katarina and Josie are pretty cool. Not deep but I guess that was the point.

GrayFoxPL

Any tips for a new Feng-player? Picked him up first time in T7. Having a good time with him, so I'm probly gonna stick with him a little longer.

Play other Fengs and steal shit from them.

Learn to abuse his go to pokes like df+1, b+1, uf+2 and lows.

His frame advantage moves like ff+3, back turned 3, often 4~3

Learn strings that end up in Back Turned(BT) Like if you do 1,2,2 and hold back Feng will turn around you can do various mids, lows and even a throw just don't be predictable.

Inskipp

I don't pay him but learn all his lows and strings with lows. Then learn to punish opposition lows.

Learn strings that end up in Back Turned(BT) Like if you do 1,2,2 and hold back Feng will turn around you can do various mids, lows and even a throw just don't be predictable.
Thank you for the tips!

What do you mean by frame advantage moves? I've seen the term tossed around, but I have not enveloped its meaning so far.

Rajang

Yes, only use b+1+2 and f+3,4 as punishers/whiff punishers. I see a lot of newer Feng players throw those moves out in neutral. They are both launch punishable.

Feng has a lot of good moves but not one truly amazing move so you kinda have to use a lot of his tools. He is all about poking, frame traps and has incredible built in defense because of kenpo step, b+1 and u/f+2.

You can also play him keepout style with moves such as d/b+1,4, d/b+4, f+4.

I recommend watching Aris' Feng tutorial, it's from TTT2 but almost everything will apply to T7 except for the combos (which are incredibly easy in T7). This guide is very in-depth.

ff+3 gives decent advantage on block but its way too slow. Its like 33 frames. It's way better to use qcf+1+2 as a pressure tool, it gives around the same frame advantage on block but is way faster and makes for a great mixup with qcf+1 to keep your opponent guessing.

GrayFoxPL

ff+3 gives decent advantage on block but its way too slow. Its like 33 frames. It's way better to use qcf+1+2 as a pressure tool, it gives around the same frame advantage on block but is way faster and makes for a great mixup with qcf+1 to keep your opponent guessing.

You're right, I totally forgot about qcf+1+2. Ff+3 is decent for grounded opponent.

Thank you for the tips!

What do you mean by frame advantage moves? I've seen the term tossed around, but I have not enveloped its meaning so far.

You're welcome. Here you can ask everything!

90% of the time you do a move and opponent blocks it you are at frame disadvantage, it means opponent can move quicker and hit you first(after blocking your move). Every character has few rare moves that gives him frame advantage if opponent blocks it. Meaning you can attack him first and put pressure on him.

GrayFoxPL

Lee is
YVvk568.gif

His styling in a fight is SSS tier, his damage is F- tier.

The amount of work he has to do to achieve minimal damage that of other characters is ridiculous. Making these hardest combos possible online is a whole other titanic job. And god forbid that connection will fluctuate by one bar, you'll be stylin' on air. Otherwise stay happy with 50-55 points of damage per uf4, df+2 launch.

fff+3,4 hitbox is so shit compared to previous games it's not even funny.

It took me 19 fights to go from beginner to expert(so 10 from 1dan) with Paul paying little to no attention and 29 from 1 dan to expert with Lee sweating every fight. Granted on a shit pad that made me lose some fights but the same applies to Paul.

And that itsy bitsy hilarious ragedrive damage just kills me, yes it allows one additional screw but the damage of whole combo after scaling will just about equal other characters normal combos without their RD.

The balance patch will come.

It's funny that all of this hardship makes me want to play him the most right now. I just wanna style on bros you know?

I'll work that Lee until I'm decent with him, but I need my good pad. Please Namco, for the love of everything, please fix legacy support. Without it I'm playing on 35% of what I can normally do.

Top Bottom