• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Pachimari

Adding you. Steam ID = CSX142857

My PSN is also CSX142857.

Hey CSX! I've sent you a friend request on Steam. I might also sent you one on PSN later today. :)

IHaveCandy, sorry I missed your invite. Have some friends over who wanted to play so it's an offline night. :(

LowParry, did you change your username? I so sure I remember you avatar but I associate it with another name.

GrayFoxPL

RCpcaOU.gif

LowParry

LowParry, did you change your username? I so sure I remember you avatar but I associate it with another name.

Yeah I changed it recently. Used to be CcrooK. Trying to associate everything else I have with the name. A shame PSN won't let me change but the name Downplay will do.

DSix

Banned
Sometimes, I can't connect to some of my friends, I see empty connection bars and it wont let us play together. Yet the other times it's 5 bars and flawless.

What's happening? It's driving me crazy, I can't even play a tournament without there being one guy I can't connect to. Help me.

Edit: I'm on PC.

Sometimes, I can't connect to some of my friends, I see empty connection bars and it wont let us play together. Yet the other times it's 5 bars and flawless.

What's happening? It's driving me crazy, I can't even play a tournament without there being one guy I can't connect to. Help me.
Sounds like PS4 woes? It's having known issues. Whereas the PC version has been smooth sailing. Pretty sure Harada has been emailed a bunch and they are going full out to fix it. Personally I've been only doing lobbies on PS4 for now. And the players are close by as well. Even had one guy on wifi.

PhineBuyM3

Online is wack. Couldn't get a single match last night and today the fights I could connect to felt like I was trudging through mud. Gonna go through with my plan of arranging meet ups with the homies cuz this is not gonna cut it.

DSix

Banned
Sounds like PS4 woes? It's having known issues. Whereas the PC version has been smooth sailing. Pretty sure Harada has been emailed a bunch and they are going full out to fix it. Personally I've been only doing lobbies on PS4 for now. And the players are close by as well. Even had one guy on wifi.

I'm on PC.

cordy

Banned
T6 was weird. Yeah the game was solid but it felt too "weighty" to me and it just didn't feel like, idk what it was but it felt less "Tekken" if that makes any sense. Even the storyline, everything about that game just felt weird. It's like the PG Era of the WWE.

T6 was weird. Yeah the game was solid but it felt too "weighty" to me and it just didn't feel like, idk what it was but it felt less "Tekken" if that makes any sense. Even the storyline, everything about that game just felt weird. It's like the PG Era of the WWE.
Yeah, I remember the intro being super off. The jaggies killed it, the loading, the wait. Just everything compared to 5DR made it really bad. I've shit on Tekken for a long time and somehow I'm over the shit package and just having fun
waiting to play
in online matches.

Edit: I now see the fun in it. In treasure battles, customization and everything else.

When I see those of you on my PSN friends list in VS battle, does that mean offline/shareplay? Or online as well. I keep wanting to invite myself to play but I don't really know lol.

CSX

Finished a 40 game set against SixMachine today on PC. First time I ever played a long set for a fighting game. My thumbs are cramping lol

I keep on wanting to jab his Eliza out of the air but it kept ending in a bad trade for me :(

But outside of 3 random lag spikes in the entire 40 game set, the netcode was very smooth.

Earlier I decided to connect my PS4 to another monitor that has less latency than the monitor i use to play tekken on PC. Even so, the PS4 version felt like it has more input delay than the PC version. This is in practice mode and CPU modes.

I feel this might go down as the best Tekken yet if they can get the netcode working.
This being the first Tekken I enjoy playing with decent online connections (matchmaking aside), this absolutely is my favorite. (T5DR HD doesn't count because I wouldn't say the online component was all that smooth)

And this is coming from the "but but the aesthetics and lore" whiner.

I'm legitimately surprised.

And it's not like I'm only enjoying it because I'm doing well. I'm average. Matter of fact, I finished my night at exactly 50%. 14/14. I'm where I expect to be. I'm cheering when I lose even. Propping the close calls slow-mo and all that. FUN.

Edit: I guess all I had to judge Tekken were those aspects over the last decade because the online and gameplay left me out. I couldn't pull off stuff I was used to always doing and I was rocked by you folks online and made me not want to try.

I joked with my brother, not sure if I mentioned it in a thread or not... but I find it funny how Yoshi getting his standard uppercut back marks a return to form for me as well lmao.

Bakoery

Seeing as I can't connect for a ranked or player matches, I'd like to fight people from here.
Add me on psn: Quality-Instinct I am from the Netherlands with a good connection.

Btw do any of you know how to cancel Shaheen stance for a WS attack?

HeelPower

Hey guys.

Since private rooms seem to be the only thing that works for me, please feel free to add me so we can get some good matches!

PSN: HeelPower ,I live in Canada

My friend's ID is Dmck852.He's really good.

Seeing as I can't connect for a ranked or player matches, I'd like to fight people from here.
Add me on psn: Quality-Instinct I am from the Netherlands with a good connection.

Sent you a friend req. I am from the Netherlands as well.

AAK

I dunno if my internet this weekend has been shoddy but after playing MikeBreezy a little bit the netcode really feels worse than TTT2. (Playing on PS4)

The load times are also Tekken 6 levels of bad. It would have been passable if you could do instant rematches in the lobby but it takes way too damn long between matches.

On the topic of the gameplay itself, Hwoarang really got streamlined. Unless you're at the wall, the flamingo stance mixups seem hella nerfed. It's gonna take me a while to learn how to properly use this character again because my playstyle from Tag 2 is a no go. To Namco's defense, I can sort of see the logic behind these decisions. I openly admit I could get away with playing extremely braindead with Hwoarang in TTT2.

Also, I am free to Ling in this game.

Dereck

I got promoted to Grand Master off of a Ling Expert.

I fought against another Ling player who was a Grand Master, beat this person once. The player revenge matched me and rage quit after losing one round.

I knocked him on the ground and he just laid there. 5 seconds later the connection was lost.

For my Brawler promotion match, I chose a 4 bar Bryan player. As soon as the match starts it's at a consistent 1 bar. The guy alternated between Orbital Heels and Snake Edges. He manages to get 2 matches on me as I'm literally playing the match at 10 frames per second.

In the last round, I knock him away with Miguel's f,f+2,2. I do a full sprint and he throws out a super. I do a full sprint 1+2 spring jump and I kill him.

And nah, no revenge match for this guy.

sasuke_91

I dunno if my internet this weekend has been shoddy but after playing MikeBreezy a little bit the netcode really feels worse than TTT2. (Playing on PS4)

The load times are also Tekken 6 levels of bad. It would have been passable if you could do instant rematches in the lobby but it takes way too damn long between matches.

On the topic of the gameplay itself, Hwoarang really got streamlined. Unless you're at the wall, the flamingo stance mixups seem hella nerfed. It's gonna take me a while to learn how to properly use this character again because my playstyle from Tag 2 is a no go. To Namco's defense, I can sort of see the logic behind these decisions. I openly admit I could get away with playing extremely braindead with Hwoarang in TTT2.

Also, I am free to Ling in this game.

The netcode feels mostly better to me. There are some random lagspikes with fellow Gaffers sometimes, which is unfortunate.

Yeah, Hwoarang is very different. I also have to relearn him, although I have to admit that the way I played him in TTT2 was not optimal, so his streamlining is probably for the better. I also mess up his combos constantly. I have to hit practice mode a bit more.
Throwing out his armor move and RA without any worries is really satisfying though.

Most players are free to Ling at the moment. I get away with quite a lot of stuff. Her low pokes have been buffed hard and her options out of AOP are scary.
People have to learn ducking d+3,4 and RDS d+3,4 though or throwing those moves out will become a bad habit of mine.

I got promoted to Grand Master off of a Ling Expert.

I fought against another Ling player who was a Grand Master, beat this person once. The player revenge matched me and rage quit after losing one round.

I knocked him on the ground and he just laid there. 5 seconds later the connection was lost.

For my Brawler promotion match, I chose a 4 bar Bryan player. As soon as the match starts it's at a consistent 1 bar. The guy alternated between Orbital Heels and Snake Edges. He manages to get 2 matches on me as I'm literally playing the match at 10 frames per second.

In the last round, I knock him away with Miguel's f,f+2,2. I do a full sprint and he throws out a super. I do a full sprint 1+2 spring jump and I kill him.

And nah, no revenge match for this guy.

You're a Grand Master already and I couldn't even get a single match. Granted I'm on WiFi right now and shouldn't even be playing Online, but I had to try :p

man i preordered a ps4 copy and was going to borrow my friends ps4 slim till i bought a ps4 pro but maybe i should hold out for a new PC. Tekken players wouldnt have an issue switching to PC as the primary platform, we all have jobs right?

Nuszka

So this is where all the cool kids hang out ;) . TBH the OT is impossible to follow. I'll just move my bags back here then.

sasuke_91

man i preordered a ps4 copy and was going to borrow my friends ps4 slim till i bought a ps4 pro but maybe i should hold out for a new PC. Tekken players wouldnt have an issue switching to PC as the primary platform, we all have jobs right?
Only the pros do.

And yeah Nuszka, the OT is way too populated and this is still the general Tekken thread, so it should be okay to hang out here instead.

Nuszka

Sent a fr , Northern Ireland , it should run smoothly , unless we get disconnected .

Pachimari

Tekken 7 DLC files datamined (from reddit)

Both DLC characters have some placeholder files in the game

The first character has some sort of meter system like Eliza and Akuma (SF guest again?)

Swimsuits, Idolmaster cosplay, and school uniforms will be DLC (despite all already being in the arcade version)

Tekken Bowl is the $10 DLC game mode

All of the PS4's exclusive content is still in the data, hinting at either timed exclusivity or eventual DLC

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
i would have preferred something new like tekken fishing or tekken golf instead of bowling (or ball) coming back tbh.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I spent so many hours with tekken bowling. Got people to even play it. They should definitely bring it back.

Top Bottom