• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Dereck

- Player Match Warm Up / Match List and Ranked Match Warm Up / Match List is a complete crap shoot. I've spent more time grinding the accept button and getting "could not connect" than actually grinding ranked.

- If I'm in a Match List for Player Match or Ranked Match, or if I'm searching for a Session, if I click on a player's session and I couldn't connect, the game resets the entire list again. Why can't it just keep the same list I already pulled up. So whenever I click on a person and I can't connect, and there were 20 people on that list, those other 19 that I could have tried right after vanish, and the game resets the entire list and pulls up different people from before.

- If someone in your Player Match lobby wants to invite someone that isn't on your friends list, that player can't invite them him/herself, you have to go into the online ID search function and invite the player manually.

- 2 man Player Match lobbies are an annoyance to play because there is not an instant rematch function. No stage select or character select function right after the match ends like in offline.

- Any Player Match lobby with over 2 people in it is not my cup of tea. Waiting inbetween matches was waiting too long to begin with, now I have to wait inbetween matches with Tekken 7's sluggish loading times added to it. 5 man Player Match lobbies are a nightmare, why even be involved.

- You can't leave a Player Match lobby if two players have ready-ed or are fighting. How much more time does Tekken 7 want to suck from it's players that isn't time actually playing the game online

- We can see the rank, connection and amount of wins of a player but we can't see their disconnect rate, a huge oversight.

- No online replays. The main squeeze of me listing this here is that I would like to see punishment and combo data. When I stream Player Matches, about half the stream is me waiting for the game to load the match. Uploading a 1 hour stream of Player Matches where 20 minutes of the stream is straight up just watching the game go back to the menu, having the players ready up, choosing a side, and then watching the long loading screen after picking a stage. With saving replays, all of that wait time is cut away.

- PC load times are faster online, but it kind of doesn't matter because of the lack of instant rematch.

AAK

^^^
I endorse the above post.

I guess I have myself to blame for spamming Namco to include instant rematch since Tag2's release when I should have also mentioned all the other vital user experience features which Namco straight abandoned.

Hyun Sai

- Player Match Warm Up / Match List and Ranked Match Warm Up / Match List is a complete crap shoot. I've spent more time grinding the accept button and getting "could not connect" than actually grinding ranked.

- If I'm in a Match List for Player Match or Ranked Match, or if I'm searching for a Session, if I click on a player's session and I couldn't connect, the game resets the entire list again. Why can't it just keep the same list I already pulled up. So whenever I click on a person and I can't connect, and there were 20 people on that list, those other 19 that I could have tried right after vanish, and the game resets the entire list and pulls up different people from before.

- If someone in your Player Match lobby wants to invite someone that isn't on your friends list, that player can't invite them him/herself, you have to go into the online ID search function and invite the player manually.

- 2 man Player Match lobbies are an annoyance to play because there is not an instant rematch function. No stage select or character select function right after the match ends like in offline.

- Any Player Match lobby with over 2 people in it is not my cup of tea. Waiting inbetween matches was waiting too long to begin with, now I have to wait inbetween matches with Tekken 7's sluggish loading times added to it. 5 man Player Match lobbies are a nightmare, why even be involved.

- You can't leave a Player Match lobby if two players have ready-ed or are fighting. How much more time does Tekken 7 want to suck from it's players that isn't time actually playing the game online

- We can see the rank, connection and amount of wins of a player but we can't see their disconnect rate, a huge oversight.

- No online replays. The main squeeze of me listing this here is that I would like to see punishment and combo data. When I stream Player Matches, about half the stream is me waiting for the game to load the match. Uploading a 1 hour stream of Player Matches where 20 minutes of the stream is straight up just watching the game go back to the menu, having the players ready up, choosing a side, and then watching the long loading screen after picking a stage. With saving replays, all of that wait time is cut away.

- PC load times are faster online, but it kind of doesn't matter because of the lack of instant rematch.

And yet, nothing about player matches in the latest patch announcement.

There is also a bug when the game goes back to default config. Happened to several of my friends.

On 1V1 lobby we're forced to make it 4 rounds to win, at least we got a little more to play.

GrayFoxPL

Sorry for bothering guys but could you check this is ok?

https://twitter.com/GrayFoxPL/status/871082867698393088

I used something called twitlonger to write something cohesive, but I don't even know if twitter blocks this or is it working at all. I tweeted this to Michael Murray, guy closest to T7 development. I don't have any idea if he got it, not to mention being busy with T7 launch.

I'd love to send e-mail to Tekken team but I can't find such thing, even Official Tekken.eu has no contact only facebook.

Do you have any ideas who could I e-mail that would have slightest chance of helping with my case?

Does general Namco Bandai have e-mail? I found real postal address but no e-mail. Maybe writing real letter would do something.

Maybe redaction of shoryuken and eventhubs would know someone.

I don't know, I'm desperate. Years of waiting and the only company that locks out Logitech pads is Namco, not Capcom, Netherrealm, SNK, Arc Sys, only Namco.

I'm crushed.

cxEQ1ar.gif

That sucks man :(

I wish I had something to tell you. For whatever it's worth, I retweeted you to Murray and Harada, as well as Bandai Namco US and UK. Maybe if enough people retweet it, somebody will respond!

EDIT: Gonna try to get the message to MarkMan as well, perhaps he can pass it along.

GrayFoxPL

Obviously not ideal to have to spend more money but the Brook PS3 to PS4 converter should solve your problem (assuming your logitech is a PS3 pad). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018T3C33Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks, I have Brook but the logitech dual action is pc usb pad. I played every fighter on PS3 with this pad and and every legacy support fighter on PS4.

If a game has legacy controller support you always have this message:

"Legacy Controller Detected" and

"This controller doesn't support PS button and Share, those functions will be unavailable."

Tekken 7 has the exact same message but after that none of the buttons or d-pad work, the only reaction is when you push left stick to the right it acts like if you pushed x on normal pad.

Edit: I should mention I collected 12+ of these pads to last me for life.

Beckx

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried plugging it into the Brook? I have no idea how it works but I wonder if it would detect it as a PS3 compatible controller and convert it over to PS4?

GrayFoxPL

That sucks man :(

I wish I had something to tell you. For whatever it's worth, I retweeted you to Murray and Harada, as well as Bandai Namco US and UK. Maybe if enough people retweet it, somebody will respond!

EDIT: Gonna try to get the message to MarkMan as well, perhaps he can pass it along.

Thanks man, you're great!

GrayFoxPL

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried plugging it into the Brook? I have no idea how it works but I wonder if it would detect it as a PS3 compatible controller and convert it over to PS4?

Yeah I tried everything, Brook needs PS button on a pad to sync.

Btw. If not for Brook I wouldn't be able to play any PS4 game, thanks to it I can with my 10 year old PS3 DS3.

I tweeted Markman about your current issue GrayFoxPL, i hope they'll patch it.

Oh and i really hope they'll patch the 1v1 rematch option too. I don't like waiting too much between matches.

sasuke_91

I wonder what the problem is with Tekken and why it works for every other game. I retweeted and liked the Tweet, no idea if that helps in any way. Tell me if there's any other way to help.
Have you tried shooting MarkMan a PM on here as well? He's the fighting sticks expert, maybe he can think of something.

I hope it can be solved. You have been way too unfortunate with TTT2 and T7 :/

GrayFoxPL

I wonder what the problem is with Tekken and why it works for every other game. I retweeted and liked the Tweet, no idea if that helps in any way. Tell me if there's any other way to help.
Have you tried shooting MarkMan a PM on here as well? He's the fighting sticks expert, maybe he can think of something.

I hope it can be solved. You have been way too unfortunate with TTT2 and T7 :/

Thanks man!

I'm little overwhelmed with all of this, being always on the down low online not putting my head above.

But if it works I'll be indebted to all of you guys for life.

I don't know why pad doesn't work, maybe it's different software then lab zero driver or it's been modified to not allow third party pads, I have no idea.

There's always this case that they could say:

"You talked shit about us, now you pay. FU."

But I'm ready to bow and apologize for everything if it'll make me playing Tekken possible again.

CSX

I wonder if Brook could add a button combination to emulate the PS Button in an update or something.

Im using the PS2 to PS3/PS4 brook converter and it's select + L3 to emulate the PS button.

I'm playing on a DS2 not a stick though

PhineBuyM3

Im using the PS2 to PS3/PS4 brook converter and it's select + L3 to emulate the PS button.

I'm playing on a DS2 not a stick though
Do you know to fix the issue where the DS2 converter stops after a few minutes? Getting tired of having to take it out and plug it back in repeatedly.

GrayFoxPL

Do you know to fix the issue where the DS2 converter stops after a few minutes? Getting tired of having to take it out and plug it back in repeatedly.

If it's Brook they should have a firmware update.

On my PS3-PS4 brook I had to update once to get rid of 8 minute timeout.

cordy

Banned
Only ranked matches I can get on the PS4 are against very experienced players. You know it's real when somebody's got a Bryan decked out like he's in a 80s action flick.

I wonder how these people are getting matches. They've got win streaks.

sasuke_91

@GrayFoxPL: Murray responded to your tweet. He says he'll look into it and asks if there's a particular model name/number on it.
I really hope it can be solved.

@GrayFoxPL, Hopefully your problem gets fixed soon, I lurk a lot more then I post here but you're always active in this thread, it sucks that you're basically still waiting :/ It shouldn't be hard for them to fix.

CSX

Cross posting from the Tekken 7 OT to see if any of yall can help me on this since we were talking about converter issues here. ME and my bad luck lol...

Holy shit, the Brooks converter I use to play Tekken 7 on PC with my PS2 controller has gone haywire. It causes the main menu to run at 15fps while repeatedly telling me to press start on the controller. I unplug the converter and everything goes back to normal. The converter still works on PS4 but I been playing the game on PC.

Anyone out there with similar issues with their controller converters?

Finally got a chance to play with some friends online, chose Paul. I had no idea they changed his d/b 2, b 1,2. Felt weird and good at the same time. None of my tag 2 combos worked, was really hard to try and remember I wasn't playing TTT2. Can not wait to play again. I am day dreaming at work.

Edit: Was Paul's qcf 1 always a high? I could have sworn it was a mid.

AAK

Netcode doesn't feel as good as Tag 2 so far.

On PS4 at least, it's magnitudes worse. I played devastator last night for around 10 matches. Even though he's in California and I'm in Canada we still had a playable connection in TTT2. In Tekken 7 it felt like a Tekken 6 4-bar connection.

Nuszka

I usually play with folk from my Europe region and i would say from my experience its either the same or even better. Have a guy on my friendliest that i played online since t5dr and we tested it yesterday, imho it was the best quality connection i had so far. Would be perfect if it wasn't for random disconnects.

I usually play with folk from my Europe region and i would say from my experience its either the same or even better. Have a guy on my friendliest that i played online since t5dr and we tested it yesterday, imho it was the best quality connection i had so far. Would be perfect if it wasn't for random disconnects.

Yup. It's been better than TTT2 for me.

GrayFoxPL

Looks like you've got a reply man. I think I managed to find the correct vendor and device ID, though it might be worthwhile checking on your pc that I've got it correctly.

Oh my god, oh my god! I really got an reply! Thanks man!

Ok so my PC identifies the controller as "Logitech Dual Action" and the hardware id shows:

USB\VID_046D&PID_C216&REV_0300
USB\VID_046D&PID_C216

So your numbers are right.

On the back sticker of the pad: LOGITECH DUAL ACTION

Production details in tiny font:

P /N: 863247-0010
M/N: G-UF13A

0NsSmHl.jpg

kmUYjD2.jpg

Hope I got all of that in replies. I'm still super confused about twitter.

Edit: Damn I hope I did right posting this in replies. I'm totally stupid regarding how twitter works.

If this gets fixed, Tekken Team gets a free pass for every mistake for all eternity in my book.

IDK, why this game is having issues, while Tag 2 worked from day 1?

I don't want to play the game because I don't feel like waiting my turn for a match in lobbies, and ranked doesn't work at all. What am I to do? Play through the boring story mode, lol.

GrayFoxPL

IDK, why this game is having issues, while Tag 2 worked from day 1?

I don't want to play the game because I don't feel like waiting my turn for a match in lobbies, and ranked doesn't work at all. What am I to do? Play through the boring story mode, lol.

It's matchmaking filter. When Tag2 searched for matches it filtrated connections and didn't show you opponents you couldn't connect to. T7 shows all of them, instead of skipping to those who you can connect. Patch is coming for this.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
New card comes into tomorrow. Badonk badonk. Have to go pick it up.

Tekken at NLBC. Fab or GM is probably going to take it.

DerZuhälter;239424150 said:
Online is complete garbage. I'm speechless. It's completely broken. I cannot join any Sessions except for private ones with invitation.

Do tournaments. They work just fine. I have had no issues connecting to people. I've only done casual and tournament matches though.

Top Bottom