• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

GrayFoxPL

There's Tekken Jukebox on the PS4 version that lets you use music from the entire series

But in matches, right? If so I'm ok with this.

how do I select old stages in t5 dr?

Down(or up?) and left or right.

Thanks for the matches GrayFox! The connection wasn't great, but still a ton of fun.

EDIT: whoops double post

Yeah the connection was so bad, lol. Fun matches though! I will miss these fast loadings and stages.

Rheon

If Tekken 7 had great music and stages, there would be no need for old stages or Tekken Tunes.

C3BFBHwWIAAKTcA.jpg

Dereck

fade em, run it, fade em, need that, fade em, run it, i knock em down, run it homie

I wonder how Snoop feels about Tekken 7.

GrayFoxPL

Tapout, Snoop Dogg, Street Fighter...

Can't decide which is the worst.

I didn't care for whole Tapout fare but the shirts didn't look half bad and they fitted character bodies perfectly, had good colorists that matched characters. Didn't look like some goofy stuff characters wouldn't wear, unlike some of the shit in T7.

cVsDjls.jpg

cUwOUHD.jpg

X81ZLBj.jpg

Any chance Tekken 8 brings back atmosphere? Just thinking that if they really do do some kind of reset or timeskip after this Mishima storyline "basically" coming to an end, they have an opportunity to change the aesthetics/atmosphere/art direction.

Nah. Just more dubstep and esport business as usual nonsense, huh?

I can't wait for 7 though. And I said doodoo.

sasuke_91

I hope Tekken 8 will be a complete reset. Time skip 20 years into the future. Nina is still 24, Hwoarang is Beak now and Xiaoyu has a daughter who looks exactly like her but has Jin's hair.

Dereck

Guys, if you're trying to get better in Tekken or in a fighting game, there is no reason to play people who are worse than you. I'm being straight up, I'm not talking about playing with your buddies occasionally. If you're seriously trying to play, play someone that is annoyingly good.

When you play people who are worse, you end up resorting to trash strats, doing dumb stuff because the not so good guy is falling for it. This is an issue. When you play people who are better, you are then forced to abandon your trash strats for more solid strats.

This is all just advice though, you can do whatever you wanna do.

Playsage

Any chance Tekken 8 brings back atmosphere? Just thinking that if they really do do some kind of reset or timeskip after this Mishima storyline "basically" coming to an end, they have an opportunity to change the aesthetics/atmosphere/art direction.

Hope that this game sells well in the west
I hope Tekken 8 will be a complete reset. Time skip 20 years into the future. Nina is still 24, Hwoarang is Beak now and Xiaoyu has a daughter who looks exactly like her but has Jin's hair.
Nah. I don't think we need that much of a timeskip. 7 years is enough for establishing a new status quo while everyone is visibly more mature and we don't lose potential villains (Ex: Dragunov and Feng) in their prime.
This reminds me that not even a year has passed since Tekken 4 lol

What does this even mean? Do you want it to be all dark and edgy or something? Tekken has always been goofy.
Where does he say that Tekken is too goofy now? And Tekken has never been edgier than the the Tekken 6 days... The series now is not "goofy", it's tonally inconsistent

Spuck-uk

Banned

What does this even mean? Do you want it to be all dark and edgy or something? Tekken has always been goofy.

Guys, if you're trying to get better in Tekken or in a fighting game, there is no reason to play people who are worse than you. I'm being straight up, I'm not talking about playing with your buddies occasionally. If you're seriously trying to play, play someone that is annoyingly good.

I think it's worthwhile to play low level players occasionally, so you don't stop being ready for... let's charitably call it 'unconventional tactics'. You need to be able to dial it down to the barest basics too if you suspect your opponent is a scrub that is just going to do whatever and not let himself be trained.

I do get your message though, one really -needs- to play good players to level up. You'll never improve playing only poor players.

GrayFoxPL

Yep, yep. Maybe not 20, I dunno.

Paul's daughter or son.

Forest Law but from T3 not the asshole from Tag2.

Kazuya = Heihachi Status.

Heihachi = Jinpachi Status.

Jin settled down, having Karate master status with his own dojo and students. Devil Jin completely suppressed.

Wang's great grand child. Improving his fighting style with modern techniques.

Steve, old washed up boxer way past his prime with alcohol issues.
h6xyGiS.png

King 3 and female Armor King

Lei Wulong old ass Jackie Chan gritty cop. Unable to do most acrobatic techniques, more down to earth optimized and simplified style.
ETWJROb.jpg

nk1e7gS.jpg

Possibilities are endless.

I'm talking about having certain types of music that plays when facing the various boss tiers that trigger some kind of emotion instigated by the atmosphere. Think T2's subboss and end boss themes coupled with the art and imagery. Sets a tone without being "edgy". T3 was edgy but had a decent tone of its own as well.

among other things

When you play people who are worse, you end up resorting to trash strats, doing dumb stuff because the not so good guy is falling for it. This is an issue. When you play people who are better, you are then forced to abandon your trash strats for more solid strats.

This is all just advice though, you can do whatever you wanna do.

Play people at your level that's invested in getting better. Playing someone that's annoyingly better than you doesn't really tell you too much beyond you just getting your ass kicked. Its ok every once in awhile but you might yourself more irritated than anything and its harder to point out mistakes because usually there's so many of them at once.

Pachimari

Paul's daughter or son.

Jin settled down, having Karate master status with his own dojo and students. Devil Jin completely suppressed.

Lei Wulong old ass Jackie Chan gritty cop. Unable to do most acrobatic techniques, more down to earth optimized and simplified style.

I agree with all of this but oh god not that Forest Law. I hated him in Tekken 3 but they finally made him better and more interesting in Tag 2. So if they bring back Forest, make it be the Tag 2 incarnation.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm not sure if it's been clear... but the build-up of T7 is the fight between Kazuya and Heihachi... ONE of these two will win. Who will it be?!

GrayFoxPL

I'm not sure if it's been clear... but the build-up of T7 is the fight between Kazuya and Heihachi... ONE of these two will win. Who will it be?!

Jin, knowing this shit.

But I don't want any spoilers. I need to experience the awfulness of story mode myself. Blackout on release.

Dereck

Hopefully someone just so that the feud can end.

Even better if Kazumi ends up mediating the several decade feud and father and son just become buddies at the end. No blood needs to be shed sir.

Playsage

Lee.

Kazuya wins, they die both.
Jin's role is that of a plot device till the final act, then gets convinced to not get involved.

Pachimari

It will be the biggest fucking cop out if both Heihachi and Kazuya turns up in Tekken 8. Heihachi should have just stayed dead instead of being unlocked in the arcades, but I'll take this fight even though it feels like it's been one too many already.

I'm really hoping for a time skip with the next game.

It will be the biggest fucking cop out if both Heihachi and Kazuya turns up in Tekken 8. Heihachi should have just stayed dead instead of being unlocked in the arcades, but I'll take this fight even though it feels like it's been one too many already.

I'm really hoping for a time skip with the next game.

As long as if they do die they're still playable. Imagine a Tekken where DJ is the only playable mishima :O

No. I don't even want them to be playable. Do a time skip and move on from the old.

That would be a really bold move, kinda like Street Fighter without Ryu & Ken. A time skip would be interesting though, I'm just not sure how fun Tekken would be with neither Kaz/Hei :p

Dereck

As long as if they do die they're still playable. Imagine a Tekken where DJ is the only playable mishima :O
That's an ideal situaish for my personal taste but as a business I doubt Namco would be interested. What you're proposing is ten steps forward in the direction Tekken 4 was heading.

That's an ideal situaish for my personal taste but as a business I doubt Namco would be interested. What you're proposing is ten steps forward in the direction Tekken 4 was heading.

Yh if they're still playable I don't mind either dying, in fact it'd be stranger to see the saga conclude with neither dying. Even from a business standpoint, I'm not sure how helpful/profitable it'd be potentially removing the two most iconic characters of the franchise from the roster.

cordy

Banned
Pretty sure Heihachi's dying. It was said that "one of the two" will die IE Heihachi and Kazuya. Given how Heihachi's depicted, given the fact that Kazuya's seen more as a victim and given Heihachi's old and his original VA died years ago, just clip the guy. Kazuya's been dead in this series before, Heihachi hasn't.

So yeah Heihachi's dying.

For T8 I imagine after a timeskip, Kazuya will take Hei's spot, Jin takes Kaz's spot, we'll get a new Mishima who takes Heihachi's moveset but slightly different. Heihachi will probably be a secret undead immortal boss or something idk. Maybe whatever was affecting Jinpachi will possess or will be awakened by Heihachi so he'll return.

But yeah Hei's dying. He ain't surviving lol.

Paul's daughter or son.

Plus Nina, who's now chronologically 60-something but still looks 24 because cryosleep at the end of Tekken 2 caused a gene defect that will not let her age past her mid twenties. EVER!

Anna on the other hand had a reverse reaction to cryosleep, contracted some kind of progeria working virus that aged her rapidly, and died. It will be revealed that she actually died 21 years ago, which is why she wasn't in Tekken 7, but nobody really noticed at the time.

Edit:
I hope Tekken 8 will be a complete reset. Time skip 20 years into the future. Nina is still 24,Hwoarang is Beak now and Xiaoyu has a daughter who looks exactly like her but has Jin's hair.

Hahaha. Exactly! Great minds and all that

There's that superior T2 art and aesthetics I was talking about....

Ugh, don't quote massive picture dumps. I hurt my thumb trying to swipe past all of that

Top Bottom