• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Can confirm, absolutely sick set. Didn't Devil beat Only Practice at the same event?

I rewatched it, certainly a great match :D Also I don't remember tbh, was Only Practice even at LD2? I remember JDCR and Help me but I don't remember any other Korean players being there.

Also I think we can all agree Kazuya has the best costume in T7 :p
tekken_7_kazuya_by_dragonwarrior_h-d9ngopo.jpg

Playsage

Fated Retribution designs tier list
(disclaimer: there's no order inside the tiers)

S-TIER (HYPE)
- NPJW King (the right kind of overdesign)
- Kuma (fur tech so good the designer are hyped about it, tekken force costume included)

A-TIER (good to great design)
- Xiaoyu
- Kazuya (suit game got buffed)
- Kazumi
- Josie
- Miguel (those f***ing metal pieces, though)
- Steve
- Shaheen
- Jin (smooth and hot despite the arms)
- King (just a cape, but it works)
- Bryan
- Lee
- Nina (*Battle Without Honor or Humanity starts playing*)
- Feng
- Yoshimitsu

B-TIER (acceptable)
- Bob (nothing special)
- Dragunov (idem)
- Lili (idem con patate)
- Alisa (it's way better, but it's Alisa :p)
- Lars (slightly better, I guess?)
- Jack-7
- Law
- Leo (the chains are dumb)
- Master Raven (Wesley Snipes was better)

C-TIER (I have issues with these)
- Katarina (Makes me miss Christie)
- Asuka (BOOORING!
Harada pls
)
- Paul ("How can we convey that this character is american?")
- Claudio (this is personal, i know, but it's too anime
and in any case, it's WRONG ANIME
)
- Heihachi (this could have worked for Soul Calibur, but your still in the present, old man)
- Devil Jin (I don't get it...
Who cares, I'm sick and tired of devil characters in this game
)

D-TIER (AHAHAHAHAH)
- Hwoarang (Poor guy...)
- Lucky Chloe (...)
- Eliza (internet beauty pageants are mistake
AND WE'VE MISSED OUT ON THE TEKKEN 3 SALMON FOR THIS
)

What do you have against the mascot of the Tekken series?

What do you have against lovely gothy vampire ladies? =P

tbh i just generally don't like joke characters and i find Kuma really obnoxious to play against. But i know he seems to have a decent amount of fans so whatever. Glad you guys like him at least.

Sayah

Fated Retribution designs tier list
(disclaimer: there's no order inside the tiers)

S-TIER (HYPE)
- NPJW King (the right kind of overdesign)
- Kuma (fur tech so good the designer are hyped about it, tekken force costume included)

A-TIER (good to great design)
- Xiaoyu
- Kazuya (suit game got buffed)
- Kazumi
- Josie
- Miguel (those f***ing metal pieces, though)
- Steve
- Shaheen
- Jin (smooth and hot despite the arms)
- King (just a cape, but it works)
- Bryan
- Lee
- Nina (*Battle Without Honor or Humanity starts playing*)
- Feng
- Yoshimitsu

B-TIER (acceptable)
- Bob (nothing special)
- Dragunov (idem)
- Lili (idem con patate)
- Alisa (it's way better, but it's Alisa :p)
- Lars (slightly better, I guess?)
- Jack-7
- Law
- Leo (the chains are dumb)
- Master Raven (Wesley Snipes was better)

C-TIER (I have issues with these)
- Katarina (Makes me miss Christie)
- Asuka (BOOORING!
Harada pls
)
- Paul ("How can we convey that this character is american?")
- Claudio (this is personal, i know, but it's too anime
and in any case, it's WRONG ANIME
)
- Heihachi (this could have worked for Soul Calibur, but your still in the present, old man)
- Devil Jin (I don't get it...
Who cares, I'm sick and tired of devil characters in this game
)

D-TIER (AHAHAHAHAH)
- Hwoarang (Poor guy...)
- Lucky Chloe (...)
- Eliza (internet beauty pageants are mistake
AND WE'VE MISSED OUT ON THE TEKKEN 3 SALMON FOR THIS
)

Gigas, Chloe, and Devil Kazumi should all be F-tier for being complete failures.

Playsage

What do you have against lovely gothy vampire ladies? =P

tbh i just generally don't like joke characters and i find Kuma really obnoxious to play against. But i know he seems to have a decent amount of fans so whatever. Glad you guys like him at least.
Well, I'm not a fan of blatantly exploitative designs for the sake of it, like Eliza's. Of course, she's not the only "offender" in the series.

Though, this may come as hypocritical as I play Asuka (since Tekken 6), the "one-to-rule-them-all" design
with garbage characterization

*takes another look*
shit, I didn't notice that it had the "sleeves" broken! Thought it was just a jacket that got Nomura'd, resembling a straight jacket

Yeah that's why I was always confused by people saying it looks terrible without acknowledging the concept. I get not liking it but people assume like you said, its just on some Nomura stuff, which sums up most of the costumes in T7.

A majority of them have flowy or loose bits on almost every costume.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The Tekken universe just feels like a hodgepodge mishmash of anything goes at this point. Tekken 4 had very grounded looks and style, Tekken 5 was just a little less-so. Tekken 6 started leaning with Lars and Alisa as the sign of things to come (though even then, they had more grounded, casual wear 2p outfits). Tag 2 was neither here nor there, though there was a marked loss of some of those casual alternate costumes, replaced by generic and often bizarre customizations. And now with Tekken 7, the costumes are just all over the place.

sasuke_91

Lucky Chloe is probably the best character design in Tekken 7.

Better than Josie? :p

Honestly, none of the new characters in T7 look really great in my opinion. Shaheen looks good, maybe Claudio if you ignore that he's a Quincy. Lucky Chloe looks plain awful.
And then I see her concept art with the breakdance outfit and I'm like "How? How did you choose THIS over the breakdancer?!"

Pachimari

Better than Josie? :p

Honestly, none of the new characters in T7 look really great in my opinion. Shaheen looks good, maybe Claudio if you ignore that he's a Quincy. Lucky Chloe looks plain awful.
And then I see her concept art with the breakdance outfit and I'm like "How? How did you choose THIS over the breakdancer?!"
Yeah, I love Chloe's design and how she plays. She felt good when I tried her out. She honestly looks pretty perfect to me. If Josie have had long hair and not had that horrible headband, she would have been the better design.

Playsage

Isn't the lead art designer the one that did Soul Calibur V? That would explain alot

I'm looking at the credits of both (SCV on PS3 and T7FR) and the Lead Designer for SCV, Hideo Yoshie (who's a Senior Visual Designer at Project Soul) is just credited as a Character Item Artist.

Tomoko Odashima is the Lead Character Director (the woman that talks about Kuma in the last IGN video)

Here's the T7FR credits (posted by Harada)

The two best new character design (as in concept art), imho, are Josie and Kazumi for pure readability and they are both by Mari Shimazaki (of Bayonetta and Okami fame)

I hate both of T4 Hworangs. Spiky military outfit makes him look like a random Bloody Roar character, and long hair Tae Kwon Do just looks very sus tbh

I dig blue warm-up TTT1 Hwoarang, especially with blue flame pant leg Jin for the partner

tbh, I only really like the T4 hwoarang outfit (not the military one). I think the rest are kinda booty.

i wish he would get a cooler military one back.

cordy

Banned
Let's talk about Kazuya's face in T7. What's up with it? It's like it changes so much

latest

15-10-07-09-02_0_large_tekken7_thumb_1.jpg

g5e7zVX.png

giphy.gif

mqdefault.jpg

I don't know what it is but it's like his look constantly changes with the promotion of this game. Not only that but...is it me or did dude look older around T4/T5?

He's 50 and he looks like this these days?
G Corp must got some Devil Gene-infused Botox on deck.

GrayFoxPL

For sure, i heard there's people on the internet who like Kuma. Incomprehensible, right?

GbMxuq4.gif

And I thought you were a good man at heart :(

tbh, I only really like the T4 hwoarang outfit (not the military one). I think the rest are kinda booty.

i wish he would get a cooler military one back.

I mean if you like Hwoarang's mid-drift that much.

And how in the hell does Military Hwoarang look like a bloody roar character...he looks like he's doing his service lol

Military Hwoarang is the best Hwoarang.

0I1uaCB.jpg

All Tekken 2 & 4 outfits for T7! All of them!

GrayFoxPL

Let's talk about Kazuya's face in T7. What's up with it? It's like it changes so much

latest

15-10-07-09-02_0_large_tekken7_thumb_1.jpg

g5e7zVX.png

giphy.gif

mqdefault.jpg

I don't know what it is but it's like his look constantly changes with the promotion of this game. Not only that but...is it me or did dude look older around T4/T5?

He's 50 and he looks like this these days?

G Corp must got some Devil Gene-infused Botox on deck.

Exactly! I've been saying this all the time but they really fucked up his face in T7 promos and shit!

Kaz renders. T7 same person?

g5e7zVX.png

Nah.

cordy

Banned
What in the hell is this?

Ya boy look like he came out of a reddit Photoshop battle b.

LMAO!!
Exactly! I've been saying this all the time but they really fucked up his face in T7 promos and shit!

Kaz renders. T7 same person?

g5e7zVX.png

Nah.

I don't get it, maybe some pics are bad photoshop pics but he's clearly looked better. Like in T4 for example.
That's Jin's dad right there. You can tell. Then T5 and T5 hit but there's something with T7 about some of these promotional pics with him.

I think what they're doing is trying to make him look like the son of Heihachi and Kazumi and considering he looks mostly like Kazumi, they're trying to now make him look a lot more like Heihachi. Like this

giphy.gif

That still doesn't explain how some of these promo pics look weird. He looks a bit younger in some, he's gained even more muscle mass in some, some he doesn't but they've clearly done something to his look.

Ahhhhhh....ok I think I get it.

They're making him look less evil in some pics so that after this game he won't be "evil Kazuya" and will be more like whatever Heihachi is. Still doesn't explain some shit though. Like him having that many scars on his face, the hell? Also him having a short neck in som-I'll stop. Just weird to me. Feels like they did too much.

Village

latest

Still the best Kazuya costume.

That costume is stupid and I don't like it

Long coat boss for the win

Best thing kaz has ever worn though

tumblr_m90hllRMzM1qcw656o1_500.gif

If I remember correctly The implication around tekken 6 was that he was strait up merging with Devil and it is keeping him young/ possibly making him younger. In his ending, he looks jins age in that game

Creaking

It'd be neat to see a "young" Kazuya custom, like a makeup item or something that removes his scars and red eye, plus softens his face just a tad, or eases up on the shadowed skin around his eyes. Make him look more pre-Tekken 4. Probably soften that permanent badguy brow too.

Village

It'd be neat to see a "young" Kazuya custom, like a makeup item or something that removes his scars and red eye, plus softens his face just a tad, or eases up on the shadowed skin around his eyes. Make him look more pre-Tekken 4. Probably soften that permanent badguy brow too.

Kazuya was born looking like evil satan. You can't soften is brow.

you seen the story mode thing with young kazuya, that shit is genetic.

Creaking

Kazuya was born looking like evil satan. You can't soften is brow.

you seen the story mode thing with young kazuya, that shit is genetic.

Well look at his Tekken Tag Tournament renders compared to pretty much anything from Tekken 4 onward. Sure his angry brow is there, but to a lesser degree. Gives his face potential for more expression than angry or evil smile/laugh.

Top Bottom