• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

GrayFoxPL

Good games, Grayfox. Man, that was a fun set.

Your Kuma seemed to improve a lot during it <.<

Good games, thanks for a long set. By some miracle, a cooling pad and a fan blowing on PS3, the console didn't die during our play, phew!

It took me a longer while to remember Kuma's moveset, that's why he sucked so much at the begining, lol.

His combos are pretty hard to pull off consistently online so I dropped most of them. T7 Kuma seems to have easier ones with new screws.

Kuma desperately needs better pokes with better range and pushback. Let's see if T7 does anything about it.

Hope to play more your Alisa and Lili, they are pretty great!Awesome session.

GrayFoxPL

https://youtu.be/5io-Y29TJZc?t=16m this looks pretty sic, i don't do gifs btw.

Lol, Trolimitsu.

Best I could do.

YuZX9zL.gif

Dereck

Everybody in this thread gets a free copy of Tekken 7, on me, regardless of region or edition.

Now, everyone PM me your paypal usernames and passwords so I can deposit the money.

when do you think the next character announcement will be? what massive events are upcoming that Tekken will likely show at?

EDIT: and thanks for the answers from before!

cordy

Banned
Fun Fact: Namco revealed Scenario Campaign, the main mode of T6, literally 4 months before the game's console release. Prior to that, fans only knew that it would have Arcade, VS, Online and Customization.

Makes you wonder now given they're 4 months before the console release. They're already heavy promoting Story Mode and have mentioned some of the other modes. I just hope they give us Ghost Mode again.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Fun Fact: Namco revealed Scenario Campaign, the main mode of T6, literally 4 months before the game's console release. Prior to that, fans only knew that it would have Arcade, VS, Online and Customization.

Makes you wonder now given they're 4 months before the console release. They're already heavy promoting Story Mode and have mentioned some of the other modes. I just hope they give us Ghost Mode again.

Ghost battle hasn't left since it's introduction in Tekken 5 (called Arcade Battle, but it's the same thing).

GrayFoxPL

The 4 months is about putting this shit together, killing most of the bugs, maybe fixing some awful netcode errors. That's what I believe anyway.

Btw. Will T7 have an actual big console intro? Not some story mode clips edited back together but actual full length intro like always?

For the first time I think there might not be.

cordy

Banned
Ghost battle hasn't left since it's introduction in Tekken 5 (called Arcade Battle, but it's the same thing).

Yep and it's personally my most played most. Online is great and all but hey I gotta fight those Ghosts.

The 4 months is about putting this shit together, killing most of the bugs, maybe fixing some awful netcode errors. That's what I believe anyway.

Btw. Will T7 have an actual big console intro? Not some story mode clips edited back together but actual full length intro like always?

Hopefully. I miss the big Tekken intros like T2, T3, T5, stuff like that. I didn't like what they did with 6. It didn't get me hyped.

Creaking

Man, if they aren't going to try making one as cool as Tekken 5's, why bother?

GrayFoxPL

Hopefully. I miss the big Tekken intros like T2, T3, T5, stuff like that. I didn't like what they did with 6. It didn't get me hyped.

T6 intro was total POS, quality of everything went down the bottom. The short BR intro was very cool though.

ChuCRk4.gif

ueNWXrQ.gif

Man, if they aren't going to try making one as cool as Tekken 5's, why bother?

The Hei&Kaz fight was top tier. Best scene:

Edit: Made better one!

gQ6p6r5.gif

Creaking

Tekken 5 gets extra points for pretty much being two full intro movies (both of great quality). One was focused on the story angle with the Mishimas, and then the other was like "We brought back ALL the characters. Don't believe us? See for yourself."

The past few intros have been like a quarter of that.

cordy

Banned
T6 intro was total POS, quality of everything went down the bottom. The short BR intro was very cool though.

ChuCRk4.gif

ueNWXrQ.gif

ea476K4.gif

Yep 100% agree.

Dat T5 intro had everybody singing "I'M HERE NOOOWWWWWWWWWWW I'M DOING THE BEST I CAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN"

GrayFoxPL

Tekken 5 gets extra points for pretty much being two full intro movies (both of great quality). One was focused on the story angle with the Mishimas, and then the other was like "We brought back ALL the characters. Don't believe us? See for yourself."

The past few intros have been like a quarter of that.

Yeah. I think they knew how awesome and popular it was because they remade the action sequences into Tag2 Hei&Kaz Tag throws. That made me go crazy happy!

I'm always little sad that Kaz can't rip Jack in half with df+2 or air throw by the leg across the whole fucking stage. They should put that in the game, lol.

How they went from that to shitty T6 intro is beyond me.

Yep 100% agree.

Dat T5 intro had everybody singing "I'M HERE NOOOWWWWWWWWWWW I'M DOING THE BEST I CAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN"

Haha, yeah.

Moar gifs because why not.

s8kslPE.gif

HGGvHWI.gif

Spuck-uk

Banned

ChuCRk4.gif

ueNWXrQ.gif

Edit: Made better one!

gQ6p6r5.gif

And yet, if there was one thing they hd to cut and I wouldn't care at all, it would be the intro :p

Tekken 2 intro is still king of all Tekken intros for me. Best music, best art direction, best character designs. There has also never been a bigger jump in quality than there was from Tekken 1's to TK2's intro. It's crazy they were just about a year apart in production.
Completely blew my mind as a kid. Still excites me today. Namco at the top of their game. Look no further than Soul Edge / Soul Blade for arguably the best intro of all time.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken 2 intro is still king of all Tekken intros for me. Best music, best art direction, best character designs. There has also never been a bigger jump in quality than there was from Tekken 1's to TK2's intro. It's crazy they were just about a year apart in production.
Completely blew my mind as a kid. Still excites me today. Namco at the top of their game. Look no further than Soul Edge / Soul Blade for arguably the best intro of all time.

Same for me. Music and direction gives one of the kind atmosphere.

Nuszka

They used to give a demo disc with ps one on which was T2, for the first month me and my brother used to turn that intro on for a what we called "morning animation". Don't even get me started on Soul Blade...

cordy

Banned

Yeah I'd rate the intros like this

- T2
- T5
- T3
- T4
- T1
- T6

So far...if we can guess what the T7 opening will be

Tekken 7 Arcade Opening

If they'll go ahead and add on an extra part for consoles (since I doubt they'll add the T7FR one since it's in the Akuma/Heihachi fight) then T7 might be up there with T5. Idk about how it'll be for consoles but T7's arcade intro is damn impressive.

We just need the part with all the characters doing cool shit.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah I'd rate the intros like this

- T2
- T5
- T3
- T4
- T1
- T6

So far...if we can guess what the T7 opening will be

Tekken 7 Arcade Opening

If they'll go ahead and add on an extra part for consoles (since I doubt they'll add the T7FR one since it's in the Akuma/Heihachi fight) then T7 might be up there with T5. Idk about how it'll be for consoles but T7's arcade intro is damn impressive.

We just need the part with all the characters doing cool shit.

That T7 Arcade opening has the only music track that I like. Hope T7 allows to put different music because T7 soundrack is unbearable. PS4 supports mp3 already? Give me those Tekken Tunes so I can kill this pos dubstep.

My Tekken intro rank:

Tekken 2
Tekken Tag 1
Tekken 4
Tekken 3
Tekken 5
Tekken Tag 2 Arcade
Tekken 3 Arcade (short)
Tekken 6 BR
Tekken 1 Arcade (short)
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection
Tekken Tag 2 (console)
Tekken 1
Tekken 6

Oldschool T1 and T3 Arcade intro gifs.

sV5reXz.gif

b8NuWuS.gif

Tidbit: In PS version that Kazuya animation was slowed down twice.

Playsage

That T7 Arcade opening has the only music track that I like. Hope T7 allows to put different music because T7 soundrack is unbearable. PS4 supports mp3 already? Give me those Tekken Tunes so I can kill this pos dubstep.

My Tekken intro rank:

Tekken 2
Tekken Tag 1
Tekken 4
Tekken 3
Tekken 5
Tekken Tag 2 Arcade
Tekken 3 Arcade (short)
Tekken 6 BR
Tekken 1 Arcade (short)
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection
Tekken Tag 2 (console)
Tekken 1
Tekken 6

Oldschool T1 and T3 Arcade intro gifs.

sV5reXz.gif

b8NuWuS.gif

Tidbit: In PS version that Kazuya animation was slowed down twice.
There's Tekken Jukebox on the PS4 version that lets you use music from the entire series

Playsage

If Tekken 7 had great music and stages, there would be no need for old stages or Tekken Tunes.

wink wink
When it comes to stages, the only thing that I actually dislike is the fact that the goddamn snow stage does not have snow effects... That shit was already implemented in T6!

Top Bottom