• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

ibrahima

Banned
Are we saying goodbye to out Community OT here when the Tekken 7 OT goes up?

Nah I think Community OT still serves a purpose even when the General OT goes up. This is better for upcoming events and matchmaking between regulars. The general OT can focus on people talking about content, noobs getting to grips etc and wider matchmaking. I can see the Community thread going a bit quiet at launch but there's still value in having the two threads.

Pachimari

Nah I think Community OT still serves a purpose even when the General OT goes up. This is better for upcoming events and matchmaking between regulars. The general OT can focus on people talking about content, noobs getting to grips etc and wider matchmaking. I can see the Community thread going a bit quiet at launch but there's still value in having the two threads.
Yeah, I'm all for staying in this thread.

Their site may have been GAFbombed. Can't get it to connect at all.

It works fine here.

For those SF players looking to get into Tekken, I've made a video comparing the series to Tekken help break down Tekken for the newcomers Here it is.

Hopefully this would be a lot of help for those trying to learn the game this go around or for those who aren't but are curious about the deeper mechanics in both games outside of "One's 2D and One's 3D"

This was gold my dude

AllenShrz

Well, I tired to launch it, and is asking for a music directory :/
I guess is has to do something with being stalled on an external ssd drive.

Dereck

posting the preview of the OT here in a min.

let me know if there are anything i needed to add

TEKKEN 7 Game Guide - Rage Art

hqdefault.jpg

TEKKEN 7 Game Guide - Power Crush

hqdefault.jpg

TEKKEN 7 Game Guide - Movement

hqdefault.jpg

sasuke_91

Oh, i guess i should link these here too for folks that don't look at the gaming side/other threads.

I wrote a three part essay for new players about frame data, how it's useful and how to learn. Not everyone likes words over videos but some folks do, and this is for them. Read as far as you like and take away what you need.

Part 1, introduction.
Part 2, on frame advantage.
Part 3, on punishment.

This kind of got buried in the T7 OT. You should wait a few days and post it there again.

CSX

Tekken 7 finally on console and PC.

The korean gods streaming their own matches on twitch.

We living in glorious times.

Jer

I kind of totally agree with him. What is the point of letting players reject a ranked match? Just sounds frustrating, and sounds like the only people it helps are people way too concerned with their record.

I've been saying what a stupid design decision that is for a bit. Shows a fundamental misunderstanding of people's state of mind while playing ranked.

The only upside is you can dodge laggers/ragequitters if you see them a second time.

Sayah

He got tired of winning. The king has yet to be dethroned.

Haha - I don't know about being king when AAK and ZTS are on this forum.

Looking forward to your streams, though! I'll be there day 1 for MvCI. I'll probably be there day 20 something for Tekken 7.

All of this sequel hype got me in the mood for some good old Tekken 5. This led to to me playing the first three games also present on the disk.

Call me crazy but I actually want to learn Tekken 1.

AAK

Don't know if his hardware uses the PS4 or Pro.

Interesting Comparisons from his twitter feed:

TTT1HD PS3: 5.13 frames
T5DR PS3: 3.78 frames
T6 PS3: 4.00 frames
TTT2 Prologue: 4.00 frames
TTT2 PS3: 5.7 frames
TTT2 X360: 5.99 frames
TTT2 WiiU: 7.7 frames
TTT2 X1: 7.03 frames
TR PS3: 5.62 frames

T7 PS4: 7.20 frames

EDIT: Also, his tests apparently are done using a CRT, so this is even before you incorporate your TV/monitor lag. Nvm, I observed wrong.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

EDIT: Also, his tests apparently are done using a CRT, so this is even before you incorporate your TV/monitor lag.

That is rough. I remember having a harder time executing in Tag 2 compared to 6. I can't imagine what 7 is gonna be like.

I wonder if there's anything they can do to bring it down.

EDIT: Also, his tests apparently are done using a CRT, so this is even before you incorporate your TV/monitor lag.

How are you running a PS4 on a crt? There isn't a single HDMI to Composite cord that doesn't add tons of lag.

AAK

Scrolling through some of the other tests he did:

VF5FS (X1): 4.73
MKX (PS4): 4.53
GGXrdRev 2: 3.49
Injustice 2 (PS4): 5.54
UMvC3 (X1): 3.72
UMvC3 (PS4): 5.34

How are you running a PS4 on a crt?

I dunno, look at his banner picture. It's clearly a 4:3 CRT connected to PS4.

It's not on CRT from what I can tell. Look.at the table it's on. CRTs have huge asses holding the tube. There is not even a 6 inch gap in that table.

AAK

Nevermind, you're right, I couldn't see the neck + base of the monitor being the same color as the table, thinking it was all one bulky foundation of a CRT. My bad.

Can't be. Injustice 2 is on UE4 & it has only 5 frames of input lag. Harada & the guys are going to get so much shit for this.

Pretty sure Injustice 2 uses a modified UE3. But still, I agree there's no reason for it to be worse than SFV.

And once again, I doubt Harada being a producer knows anything about these details. There's a lot more people at Namco who had a hand in this decision.

Nevermind, you're right, I couldn't see the neck + base of the monitor being the same color as the table, thinking it was all one bulky foundation of a CRT. My bad.

Pretty sure Injustice 2 uses a modified UE3. But still, I agree there's no reason for it to be worse than SFV.

And once again, I doubt Harada being a producer knows anything about these details. There's a lot more people at Namco who had a hand in this decision.

I have a feeling when people start complaining he's going to blow them off. It's really disappointing. When Kane said it was better than Tag 2 I got really excited. Nope. Even worse. What a shame.

What generally has an affect on input lag? The amount of graphics rendering being done? If so I'd be glad to have a slightly less pretty T7.

Pompadour

What generally has an affect on input lag? The amount of graphics rendering being done? If so I'd be glad to have a slightly less pretty T7.

It's a ton of factors. Plus input lag is added by TVs, controllers, and online lag.

I read that low input lag isn't as important as 2D fighters do since SFV's fastest move has a 3f start up (aside from Gief's CA) and Tekken's is, what, 8f? Input lag is also kind of a meme at this point where SFV now has something like one more frame of lag as SF4 and people claim that's a world of difference (it really isn't). I figure a lot of people complaining about input lag aren't even aware their TV is adding considerable delay.

Less input lag is nice, yes, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Top Bottom