• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

- Namco Bandai are not fond of giving you a free local Versus mode you can play all you want. But it might be possible if you pay for items etc. They would like ideas.

they could do one of those "Pay 40$ for a lifetime subscription and get Offline VS!" for those who really want to just play a new-ish Tekken offline.

they could do one of those "Pay 40$ for a lifetime subscription and get Offline VS!" for those who really want to just play a new-ish Tekken offline.

I think they should have the F2P version and a version of the game for $15 or $20 that allows you to play all you want.

Akira_83

Banned
so this is just like all the other free to play drivel that infests IOS?

If i lose matches against AI in arcade mode i have to wait for coins to restock or pay money?

ugh, gross

If i lose matches against AI in arcade mode i have to wait for coins to restock or pay money?

ugh, gross

well, the monetization model is drivel, but the gameplay is solid Tekken quality.

Doomshine

ugh, gross

The AI in arcade more barely fight back, I just use it to gain points and waste time while the online coins recharge.

GrayFoxPL

Playing from JP account doesn't give new patch sadly.

Maybe it needs Revo from Japan store, possibly maybe jp IP too?

Playing from JP account doesn't give new patch sadly.

Maybe it needs Revo from Japan store, possibly maybe jp IP too?

I tested this last night. US IP, Japanese account, downloaded Tekken Revolution from the JPN store, and once I booted it up, 650 MB patch.

This includes Hwoarang, Dragonuv, the Reset drinks, Practice Mode, and 3 levels of difficulty for Arcade mode.

The interesting thing, is it carried ALL my data over from my US Tekken Revolution file.

Next, I played 2 games online on the JPN version of the game to see if it would have used those credits in the US version of the game too. Sure enough, when I loaded the US version of the game, I only had 3 credits left!

Now what I'm wondering, what happens if I unlock Hwoarang or Dragon from the JPN game? Surely I couldn't use them in the US game yet without the patch. Still curious if that might cause some glitches or whatnot.

Was there no mention of increasing gift point output or decreasing character unlock milestones? The amount of GP needed to unlock characters past the third one is obscene.

GrayFoxPL

I tested this last night. US IP, Japanese account, downloaded Tekken Revolution from the JPN store, and once I booted it up, 650 MB patch.

This includes Hwoarang, Dragonuv, the Reset drinks, Practice Mode, and 3 levels of difficulty for Arcade mode.

The interesting thing, is it carried ALL my data over from my US Tekken Revolution file.

Next, I played 2 games online on the JPN version of the game to see if it would have used those credits in the US version of the game too. Sure enough, when I loaded the US version of the game, I only had 3 credits left!

Now what I'm wondering, what happens if I unlock Hwoarang or Dragon from the JPN game? Surely I couldn't use them in the US game yet without the patch. Still curious if that might cause some glitches or whatnot.

Ohh! Cool that you tested it.

I assume it only connects with the Japanese players with the patch?

Edit: WAIT! It carried over the data!? Daaaaamn! It means they figured out people are playing on multiple accounts with separate free tokens and tickets. Crap.

Ohh! Cool that you tested it.

I assume it only connects with the Japanese players with the patch?

I didn't stay online long, and I played against two Japanese opponents yes. I didn't see any other country flags. Was this new patch supposed to separate servers for player matches to create less lag?

Also, character outfits were available for puchase through a link. Would be nice if you could purchase gift points, or a character outright if your really wanted them. I was lucky enough to Unlock Jin as my first character through this JPN account, so it's the one I play most often.

TheWriter

I didn't stay online long, and I played against two Japanese opponents yes. I didn't see any other country flags. Was this new patch supposed to separate servers for player matches to create less lag?

Also, character outfits were available for puchase through a link. Would be nice if you could purchase gift points, or a character outright if your really wanted them. I was lucky enough to Unlock Jin as my first character through this JPN account, so it's the one I play most often.

Did you get a look at the prices of the costumes? I won't bother buying gift points, but I'm a sucker for costumes :( Please let them be cheap.

Also, every day is the same now. Opening a Level 50 Alisa lobby, players at level 5 join in, get beaten badly and complain. You're the one entering my den, stop complaining, Kazuya. And I won't hold back when I'm playing on tickets, I won't choose a weaker character I can't control.

Anyway, when are the results of the poll shown? Should be today, right?

Edit: WAIT! It carried over the data!? Daaaaamn! It means they figured out people are playing on multiple accounts with separate free tokens and tickets. Crap.

I think you may be misinterpreting it. It carried the data from the US download I'm playing on my Japanese account. Not the US data from my US account on the Japanese game.

So basically you can sign into other profiles on your PS3 and still have 5 separate play coins on each account still.

Did you get a look at the prices of the costumes? I won't bother buying gift points, but I'm a sucker for costumes :( Please let them be cheap.

Also, every day is the same now. Opening a Level 50 Alisa lobby, players at level 5 join in, get beaten badly and complain. You're the one entering my den, stop complaining, Kazuya. And I won't hold back when I'm playing on tickets, I won't choose a weaker character I can't control.

Anyway, when are the results of the poll shown? Should be today, right?

No, I didn't take a look at the cost. Will check it out later.

Yeah, it's tough when you know you're pretty good. I just Join a lobby, play a few games then I'm done for a while. I finally popped Tekken Tag 2 back in for the first time in ages last night too!

GrayFoxPL

I think you may be misinterpreting it. It carried the data from the US download I'm playing on my Japanese account. Not the US data from my US account on the Japanese game.

So basically you can sign into other profiles on your PS3 and still have 5 separate play coins on each account still.

Ah phew! I was afraid my days of abusing the f2p system are over. Thanks.

Manbig

So a dude in one of the chats told me that Dragunov's d+1+2 is his invincible move. I certainly hope they completely changed how that move works, or it's gonna be one of the most useless moves in the game (more useless than it already was.)

GrayFoxPL

So a dude in one of the chats told me that Dragunov's d+1+2 is his invincible move. I certainly hope they completely changed how that move works, or it's gonna be one of the most useless moves in the game (more useless than it already was.)

I thought d+1+2 was his low counter. Don't remember, I played Dragunov in T5.

Salmon wasn't even in the top three. I am disappointed.

BPkeZ1VCAAAVOpo.jpg:large

It's been a while since I touched TTT2. :(

Thinking about giving this a whirl sometime soon. How many characters are available now? I know that one of my mains (Lili) were in from the start.

TheWriter

Wow, I can't believe the character I voted for would win. I thought Shin would make it, this useless bastard.
Female Vampire looks awesome though, will main together with Alisa. Will be hated around the world for that, haha, but it's worth it.

Also, Manbig will probably hit me very hard if he ever meets me.

Pachimari

Seriously that vampire girl has an ugly design ugh.

And the Twittter guy missed Shin so no picture. =;(

The Zombie Bride actually look cool.

Man, my girlfriend is so gonna main that vampire...

Oh wow they announced Soul Calibur 2 HD.

What about Tekken 4 fixed edition HD Harada?

I would be down for this. They probably will never make another Tekken like Tekken 4 ever again, so it would be fun to revisit it with online play. Maybe re-balance Jin just a little bit though..

Pachimari

I'm of the impression that Shin actually have a very strong following who wants him in, and him ending up at 3rd place shows that. But it didn't help having so many girl characters in the poll.

Top Bottom