• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Pachimari

MjDWt9a.jpg

Shin is sad. We'll cry together bro.

Anyway, what will the Vampire Girl's fighting style be like? They didn't talk about any details for her at Comic-Con?

in the pool thread i said i would be happy with choice 3 and now that the result is in I'm fine with the result .

I would have been happy with the sexy tekken force character was added too since i was also cool with the idea , who knows ? maybe later ?

Pachimari

She reminds me a little bit of Anna... and I dislike Anna with a passion. In fact, I hope the Williams sisters knock each other out or that Gon comes along and surprise farts on em' leaving them to Boskonovitch who'll freeze them for Yoshimitsu to slice up. Kuma will do a fatality finisher.

GrayFoxPL

To be fair to the "Internet", they couldn't have known that she would look like this. Maybe they imagined Lili with dark hair. I just hope the 3D model won't be as moe as the concept.

Vampire girl tied to Lili ended up almost exactly as I imagined. No surprises here. I'm not arguing, I'm bitter and salty.

iFD5vCUfhqsVQ.gif

Shin was ugly mass of muscles without power.

She reminds me a little bit of Anna... and I dislike Anna with a passion. In fact, I hope the Williams sisters knock each other out or that Gon comes along and surprise farts on em' leaving them to Boskonovitch who'll freeze them for Yoshimitsu to slice up. Kuma will do a fatality finisher.

haha

Sayah

oh no you di'ent

tumblr_lvc9dfvw1x1qjqgs8o1_500.gif

TheWriter

Shin is sad. We'll cry together bro.

Anyway, what will the Vampire Girl's fighting style be like? They didn't talk about any details for her at Comic-Con?

They mentioned that during the poll:
"During development of Tekken 6, she was proposed as a character that used an actual martial art, but also with fireballs, like a 2D fighting game character."

So she's probably going to fit in very well with Tekken Revolution or maybe even Tekken x Street Fighter.
That was also one of the reasons I voted for her because the other character ideas (outside of Tekken Force Female) seemed to consist of "uh, it does funny things and stuff" and for her they actually had a bit of an idea.

Pachimari

Vampire girl tied to Lili ended up almost exactly as I imagined. No surprises here. I'm not arguing, I'm bitter and salty.

iFD5vCUfhqsVQ.gif

Shin was ugly mass of muscles without power.

I really dislike his design without his shirt as well. I want him to look like the one in my picture where he is wearing the white shirt is a bit leaner without such a muscle mass. Hopefully some day. :D

No matter what, I'm excited about the new character and her fighting style.

GrayFoxPL

I really dislike his design without his shirt as well. I want him to look like the one in my picture where he is wearing the white shirt is a bit leaner without such a muscle mass. Hopefully some day. :D

No matter what, I'm excited about the new character and her fighting style.

It doesn't even has any sense. When he has the shirt he's visibly slimmer/thiner, he takes it off - lol bull on steroids.

Pachimari

It doesn't even has any sense. When he has the shirt he's visibly slimmer/thiner, he takes it off - lol bull on steroids.

Yeah, it's totally out there.

Shin didn't get that much of an applause at Comic-Con.

Shin's reception
"He is an established character," she said. "I'd like to see how he is developed." But there was little enthusiasm for Shin Kamiya, with only a smattering of applause for his inclusion.

Sexy Tekken Force Female reception:
A middle-aged man spoke up for her stating that she is "sexy and looks like she is built to fight." This remark was greeted with much derision from the audience.

Vampire Girl reception:
'Female Vampire' attracted the most applause, with a clear weighting from the heavy female contingent in the crowd. It was a man, though, who spoke up for this character from the audience, saying that she fitted in with the franchise's fantastical theme, and that more female characters were needed.

Source: Polygon

The Vampire Girl will be out by Fall.

TheWriter

Wait, they can get a character ready from concept art to full-on 3D model to balancing with the rest of the cast and with voice actress and everything in just a few months? I thought the Revolution team wasn't that big to begin with.
This and SC2 HD will save the autumn for me.

GrayFoxPL

Shin is a failed character because of the Blood Vengence script. It's so dumb it hurts. They present this character whole freaking time like he's gonna be important. You think "Oh, ho, he's gonna fight Jin/Kaz/Hei in epic battle, he's like Devil Jin or shit like that". But no, he's only a pitiful reason so that Mishimas could meet under a roof. As in every other damn reason wouldn't be good enough! Hella stupid story.

Wait, why am I talking about it again?

Right, if Shin was actually written as badass character that has some potential as a fighter, then I'm sure Harada would like him in Tekken, but the way he was presented - what's the point? It was dude that died in 5 seconds after he punched Heihachi.
Who really personalized with him? You couldn't even imagined him in Tekken game because he showed nothing.

Pachimari

I could relate a little bit to him, but generally his story were very weak yeah. I just really like his design. Seriously, I'm gonna done a Shin avatar until we get him haha.

Manbig

Wow, I can't believe the character I voted for would win. I thought Shin would make it, this useless bastard.
Female Vampire looks awesome though, will main together with Alisa. Will be hated around the world for that, haha, but it's worth it.

Also, Manbig will probably hit me very hard if he ever meets me.

Nah, dude. My hate posts for that kind of stuff is MOSTLY hyperbole. I would never legitimately attack someone for something so dumb. lol

Lili just represents everything I hate about current Tekken. All the stupid characters with stupid moves that have stupid hitboxes started to get out of control starting with her.

Anyway, I currently have a room up named "Sup NeoGAF" on my alt account. Feel free to jump in. I'm currently just spectating while eating.

GrayFoxPL

Wait, they can get a character ready from concept art to full-on 3D model to balancing with the rest of the cast and with voice actress and everything in just a few months? I thought the Revolution team wasn't that big to begin with.

Yeah, I don't believe in such miracles. Probably she was almost done in T6.

Interesting if they'll just slap old/existing moves from various characters or she had motion capture done already in T6.

TheWriter

Shin is a failed character because of the Blood Vengence script. It's so dumb it hurts. They present this character whole freaking time like he's gonna be important. You think "Oh, ho, he's gonna fight Jin/Kaz/Hei in epic battle, he's like Devil Jin or shit like that". But no, he's only a pitiful reason so that Mishimas could meet under a roof. As in every other damn reason wouldn't be good enough! Hella stupid story.

Wait, why am I talking about it again?

Right, if Shin was actually written as badass character that has some potential as a fighter, then I'm sure Harada would like him in Tekken, but the way he was presented - what's the point? It was dude that died in 5 seconds after he punched Heihachi.
Who really personalized with him? You couldn't even imagined him in Tekken game because he showed nothing.

Which is why I don't know why he has a fanbase at all. He talks about how shitty it is to not be able to DIE and then speaks up on revenge and gets thrown under a bridge.

Alisa is a cliched, anime-inspired, stereotypical goody-goody with the "I am a robot but I'm totally human"-shtick attached to her, but at least she does stuff, is an actual character and not just a plot device.
So there's that. Also, I imagined his fighting style would be kind of like Lars, don't know why. Also, his design is just not outstanding enough. It's an "insert yourself young 15 year old male"-character. Which is practically the most boring there can be.

GrayFoxPL

Harada tweeted this:

Katsuhiro Harada ‏@Harada_TEKKEN 1m

I'll upload TEKKEN Revolution Original Character concept sketches. But plz wait a while(too bad wifi connection around Convention center).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Vomitbucket

Of course the community would pick the blandest characters with the most sex appeal. Young busty vampire chick
Young busty voluptuous Tekken force chick
Young busty useless Shin Kamiya
Dead busty "sexy" zombie chick

And we had a chance to get a FISH! But no. No of course not. Let's do something we've seen before.

GrayFoxPL

Which is why I don't know why he has a fanbase at all. He talks about how shitty it is to not be able to DIE and then speaks up on revenge and gets thrown under a bridge.

Alisa is a cliched, anime-inspired, stereotypical goody-goody with the "I am a robot but I'm totally human"-shtick attached to her, but at least she does stuff, is an actual character and not just a plot device.
So there's that. Also, I imagined his fighting style would be kind of like Lars, don't know why. Also, his design is just not outstanding enough. It's an "insert yourself young 15 year old male"-character. Which is practically the most boring there can be.

Yeah.True.
Alisa was such a disappointment to me. I like cyborg/robot girls but when I think that I imagine Ghost in the Shell, not your maid robot from low budget fanservice ecchi anime,

What she did in the movie was kinda cool but I kept thinking through it (and T6 quest mode) "Is she a twisted dumbed down take on Pinocchio? Why in Tekken? Why?"

Creaking

Yeah.True.
Alisa was such a disappointment to me. I like cyborg/robot girls but when I think that I imagine Ghost in the Shell, not your maid robot from low budget fanservice ecchi anime,

What she did in the movie was kinda cool but I kept thinking through it (and T6 quest mode) "Is she a twisted dumbed down take on Pinocchio? Why in Tekken? Why?"

Her father/creator's first name is Geppetto and everything.

GrayFoxPL

Her father/creator's first name is Geppetto and everything.

Bosconovitch name's Geppetto?

Mind blown!

Btw when her origin story surfaced I thought:"Oh wow, he made a robot with appearance of his dead daughter? That's messed up!" But it was also intriguing! If she actually was totally mad, thinking she's his real daughter and going randomly berserk and finally killing him.

This had such potential. She even had potential in looks. Creepy terminator like girl with half ripped skin. I don't know but surly something better could be designed then asymmetrical clothes..

Pachimari

This were also revealed as to future updates for Tekken Revolution:

DY9Hepi.png

It really seems like they'll add more original characters in the future based on their wording.

Dereck

I find it silly that you shit on Anna and then mention Gon who is the worst Tekken character ever.

Creaking

DY9Hepi.png

It really seems like they'll add more original characters in the future based on their wording.

Cool, if they do more than three more, maybe we can finally see the Giant Praying Mantis!

Lei needs a proper rival, is all I'm saying.

GrayFoxPL

DY9Hepi.png

I'm kinda fascinated by BMGs in Revo. They don't sound like they're made by usual Tekken sound team. I wonder who is the composer etc. Probably wrong but I imagine some fresh young guy that just waited for his chance. :)

Sayah

Bosconovitch name's Geppetto?

Mind blown!

Btw when her origin story surfaced I thought:"Oh wow, he made a robot with appearance of his dead daughter? That's messed up!" But it was also intriguing! If she actually was totally mad, thinking she's his real daughter and going randomly berserk and finally killing him.

This had such potential. She even had potential in looks. Creepy terminator like girl with half ripped skin. I don't know but surly something better could be designed then asymmetrical clothes..

In Tekken 7, G Corporation should mess up Alisa's system settings and turn her into a killer robot. Yeeeeees. Great story idea with a complete shift in personality. Someone present this to Harada.

GrayFoxPL

In Tekken 7, G Corporation should mess up Alisa's system settings and turn her into a killer robot. Yeeeeees. Great story idea with a complete shift in personality. Someone present this to Harada.

Hehe. Nice.

Markman said the TEKKEN 20th Anniversary Logo was showcased, but I don't see it anywhere. Tweeted him.

Top Bottom