• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Free Character + Stage DLC + Other Additions Now Available

Sayah

Game patch is now live on PSN. XBL probably tomorrow.
Free DLC includes:
Characters:
Miharu
miharu_tek-692.png

Slim Bob
tekken-tag-tournament-2-dlc-characters-slim-bob-001_090200028000127399.jpg

Sebastian
tekken-tag-tournament-2-dlc-characters-sebastian-001_090230028000127396.jpg

Stages:
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Chile
Poland

Online Features:
Online World Arena

In addition, character balancing has also been rumored to be included in the patch.
And if you haven't bought this game already, look at yourself in the mirror and be very ashamed.
j/k

Source: ATP Thanks to our very own Horseress and Flying Wonkey.

Dammit can't seem to download the patch yet.

Oh and apparently the new characters added have to be unlocked somehow via in game.

I wonder what "Print customize&Equip etc!!" means.

Game says "Equip Decal and Customize Decal inside Customize mode."

Yeah so you can create your own sticker from a bunch of different stickers and put them on a customized character (select items only). Doesn't seem to work on the defaults or the bikinis.

How do you unlock the new guys? For future reference...crazy tired and I haven't touched the game in weeks (work man.....work.). But will do so on my days off this week.

AAK

Nice thread :)

Just to recap these are the characters being released, maybe you can add them to the OP:

tekken-tag-tournament-2-dlc-characters-slim-bob-001_090200028000127399.jpg

Tekken-Tag-2-new-Characters-Miharu-tekken-32266136-640-640.jpg

tekken-tag-tournament-2-dlc-characters-sebastian-001_090230028000127396.jpg

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Awesome, I took a break from this game after a losing streak (and was playing DOA5 shush) so it's nice to pop in with this new content :D

Is it just me or does doing Sebastian's d/b+4 then doing b+1~5 not call down the partner for a Tag Assault? The opponent floats up like in usual TAs but no partner comes down.

Monocle

OK, any word on how long we Xbox plebs will have to wait for this? Does tomorrow mean 1 AM PST tomorrow, or like 11:59 PM lololol tomorrow?

OK, any word on how long we Xbox plebs will have to wait for this? Does tomorrow mean 1 AM PST tomorrow, or like 11:59 PM lololol tomorrow?

This might seem weird but I didn't download the patch like usual game patches and just loaded the game up. Notification messages then came up about unlocked new characters and stages.

Try turning the game on now.

AAK

Thanks to Shauno from TZ, more details from the patch:

- The practice mode record function glitch was not fixed. When recording yourself canceling a stance and blocking, the character is still unable to block for about 20 frames after the cancel no matter what the real recovery is (i.e., recording Lei's u/f+3 into CRN~d/b~B will not block most moves in Practice mode, but blocks everything in a real fight).

- Decal customization has been added

- Load times for customized characters on the selection screen is MUCH faster (PS3 version)

- You still can not de-delect your character with O if you change your mind after hitting X, but you can still do it after picking your character with [] (PS3 version). The faster load times means that selecting with [] can be your default selection button just so that you can hit O to go back.

- Position setting was adjusted in P-Mode. If you choose current position and hit Select+X, the game will simply make both characters face each other at their current position. Before it would randomly put you somewhere near your current spot. It still does not remember where you activated the feature so you can return to that exact spot every time. It is only good for staying in a second area of a breakable stage; I don't know any other use for it.

- Access to the online store added (PSN version checked).

- Tekken Theater added to the gallery. It has (locked) opening and ending movies for Tekken 1, 2, 3 and TTT.

- Sebastian, Slim Bob and Miharu DLC characters added (free)

- Four stages added (hit /\ for the missing stage, PS3 version)

- World Arena added. Pick a region (i.e. North America) and a server to join a lot of people is in a big, single lobby to chat, challenge each other, or volunteer to play randoms (it shows you the connection and disconnect rate before a match starts if you want to reject an opponent). You can even create your own sub-lobby.

- Kuni can't duck mids

- Ancient Ogre near a wall can not kick to infinity and beyond

Degen

- Load times for customized characters on the selection screen is MUCH faster (PS3 version)
NamGod

seriously this update would cost five hundred dollars if it was a Capcom game

Top Bottom