• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Free Character + Stage DLC + Other Additions Now Available

Dariso

Neo Member
The load times of costumes on PS3 :) :) :). Huge improvement. Harada needs to be in charge of every Namco game now lol.

LowParry

Yeah, the load times are great now. Much much improved. I'm still sitting baffled by victory poses looking more clean now because before I remember them being blurry/low res. So I don't know. Already mentioned it in the OT. Anyone notice this?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The bosses at the end of arcade mode are actually easy now when you have easy difficulty selected.

Just came to say this. I rolled through arcade mode to unlock some endings.

That's the way it should be if I select easy. Thanks namco!

Awesome

I deleted a few costumes I really liked because of how annoying the load time was

Can anyone comment on how much faster it is?

Oh yeah and Saudi stage all day

LowParry

The decal system is neat. Like in SCV, you can apply decals to your costumes. So you can have yourself some unique outfits.

Sayah

So, overall, we got new characters, new stages, a fix on the difficulty that beginners were complaining about, faster load times, character balance issues addressed with Kunimitsu and Ogre, a new online mode and customization decals? <3 you Namco.

LowParry

So, overall, we got new characters, new stages, a fix on the difficulty that beginners were complaining about, faster load times, character balance issues addressed with Kunimitsu and Ogre, a new online mode and customization decals? <3 you Namco.

Maybe some other character balances. Who knows. Great update overall though. I'm still convinced they did something with the resolution of the game. It looks more clean with the multiple characters on screen.

Pachimari

Fantastic update. I'm so gonna try Slim Bob and have a go at Miharu.

I wonder what else they can add in the future besides Violet, Dr. B, Unknown and all the DLC as well as movies and tunes.

Sayah

Maybe some other character balances. Who knows. Great update overall though. I'm still convinced they did something with the resolution of the game. It looks more clean with the multiple characters on screen.
I'll have to test the resolution for the intros and win poses once I get time to play the game some more.

Sayah

What about bought but barely played? (too many Fall games)

You should play it too. :p Amazing game. But at least you helped support the sales for one of the best fighters and definitely the most consumer friendly fighter of this generation.

Pachimari

Wow all the extra content were just there. I didn't have to restart or download anything.

I'm thinking of going Slim Bob/Forest or Slim Bon/Jin

I can't notice any difference in load time of costumes. Maybe if I restart the game..

wait, the load times are improved only on PS3 or that's the only one they can confirm so far

yeah because they were an issue only on the PS3. The 360 version has always loaded character selects instantly.

I wouldn't say they are re-skins entirely. Must mostly I agree with, yes. (That doesn't make sense does it? lol)

come on man, they are 95% paletteswap characters ;D

From the leaked movelist video it was clear that Slim Bob's damage output was way less than his spheric counterpart. I wonder whether he has any advantage in mobility or safety instead.

edit: damage is the same, but he has worse recovery on u/f 1+2 1+2 and less follow up options on ff 1+2

LowParry

come on man, they are 95% paletteswap characters ;D

Oh no, I completely agree. Just that there can be those subtle differences that make the character different from their counterpart. There could be juggles that are different. Won't really know till more people play it.

dot

Ohh new update? Sweet, maybe i'll play this game again. Took a break from it for a while.

Miharu will be my new main. <3

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is it out in EU too?
Also, in a game like Tekken Tag I'm totally fine with (95%) palette swaps. Since I don't think you can pick the same character twice they actually make sense.

Is it out in EU too?
Also, in a game like Tekken Tag I'm totally fine with (95%) palette swaps. Since I don't think you can pick the same character twice they actually make sense.

Yeah but why having this possibility only with certain characters? Why two Bobs is fine and two Pauls isn't?

Is it out in EU too?

but that makes it annoying and sort of misses the point of learning and playing with two different characters. as not all characters have a palette-swap tag partner.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could say that there's reasoning like balancing behind which characters have swaps, but I don't think so. As of now it brings new aspects to certain characters, and it certainly has advantages and disadvantages to choose the same ones. I don't think it defeats the purpose of learning and playing with two different characters, because I'm sure it's still the superior way. But it's nice that you can play with swaps, even only for a few chars.

Wait, so the new characters have to be unlocked or what? Not seeing them or the new stages and even tried resetting after the update.

STG

Wait, so the new characters have to be unlocked or what? Not seeing them or the new stages and even tried resetting after the update.

try restarting the game

edit: oh you did that already, well no idea then

edit2: also seems like I didn't even had to download an update, I just started the game and stuff was unlocked, no patch prompt (maybe I missed it in the PS+ auto update list?)

noodalls

I seem to remember that T6 would put up a message about "Checking for downloadable content" every time it loaded up, despite getting almost no post-release DLC. Now TTT2 doesn't display that message, and yet DLC suddenly appears.

STG

now I get it

from the tekken forums
Just noticed, they only sent out the unlocks for what was on the disc. The patch will not be ready for many people yet (ps3,xbox) I'm in UK still running patch 1.0.1, so that's why I couldn't find world arena or Customized Decals, the patch is slowly rolling out to all.

that's why I have the characters and stages unlocked but nothing else

Nyx

EU 360 here, got an update for the decals and world online shizzle, but no extra chars or stages it seems.

And as I can't seem to win any ''yellow'' ghost battle anymore (CPU slaughters me, really don't know what is going on), I can't check if they get unlocked this way.

Fuck this game, atm. :p

edit: actually restarting the game unlocked the chars and stages!

CPS2

Looks like Sebastian can do the TA bound attack in solo bound combos, so probably another balance patch on the way.

onQ123

everything unlocked for me as soon as the game loaded up I didn't have to restart or fight to unlock them.

Top Bottom