• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's Poker Night 2 officially announced (PS3/360/PC)

It's been rumored for a while, but now, it's official. Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 is real, and it has one hell of a cast. The sequel to 2010's Poker Night at the Inventory, will star Claptrap from Borderlands, Brock Samson from The Venture Bros., Sam from Sam & Max, and Ash from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. Even better? Portal's GlaDOS is dealing every game.

Here's some more info straight from Telltale:

"Telltale Games’ Poker Night 2 will offer the chance to win ‘Bounty Unlocks’: rewards for use within other games when special goals are achieved. With cunning and skill, players will unlock prizes including exclusive skins and heads for use within Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC), character accessories for Team Fortress 2 (PC only), unique Xbox 360 Avatar Items, and Premium Themes for dressing up PlayStation 3."

Deal.

Look for Telltale Games' Poker Night 2 this April on PSN, Xbox Live and PC. Other platforms will be announced eventually.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/01/telltale-games-poker-night-2-announced

There's a teaser trailer in the article.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kick out Claptrap and bring in Lee, for God's sake!

Otherwise, the prizes are nice.

Question: Can you get the PC version and win PS3 Themes still? Or do you absolutely need the PS3 version?

Tenumi

Banned
Loved Poker Night 1, even if I was terrible at it. This is a definite buy for me. Hopefully Claptrap isn't too overbearing.

androvsky

At least Brock sounds like they got Patrick Warburton. Is Ash supposed to sound like the guy in the remake or something?

Salsa

seriously tho, I find that there's no point at all in putting Ash in there if you're not gonna get Bruce

like, I cant get over that fact. Every joke he's gonna crack is gonna sound completely off and forced because it's not him. Ash only works the way it does because Bruce Campbell's behind it

it's like having Duke Nukem with some other dude's voice, it just doesnt work and it's not something that people want, at all.

megalowho

GLaDOS as the dealer is inspired. Ash feels like an odd choice, especially with no Bruce Campbell, but whatevs. I'll play this.

Broc Samson and Glad0s are inspired choices, but everybody else not so much. Bruce Campbell/Ash may have worked, but this guy different voice actor not so much. I feel like Claptrap's incessant need to talk is going to hurt the rest of the cast. I could be wrong I actually really like Claptrap, but in measured amounts.

TxdoHawk

I can't imagine the budget this kind of title gets could afford Bruce.

The really bad part about this is that I'm waiting to see what the TF2 unlocks are before buying. Truly, I'm a sick man.
But this sick man wants more Sam & Max TF2 items, is that so wrong?

I'll be blunt, I've never seen any Evil Dead movies nor any Venture Brothers episodes, so thouse characters are a bit beyond me. May still buy for GLaDOS and Sam.
The really bad part about this is that I'm waiting to see what the TF2 unlocks are before buying. Truly, I'm a sick man.
But this sick man wants more Sam & Max TF2 items, is that so wrong?
If the Sam & Max TF2 item in question is a reissue of Max's Severed Head, then there will be meltdowns. However, I'd put my money on a re-issue of the Big Kill and something else being the Sam & Max TF2 items, to replicate the last game's Sam & Max TF2 items.

Randdalf

First title grew old really quick. I remember reading that it wasn't actually a very good poker game either, from people who played it in real life.
Was worth it for the sweet TF2 items

Dug

Banned
If there's an equivalent for the 360 avatars, I'm SO going to double dip on this.
Telltale Games’ Poker Night 2 will offer the chance to win ‘Bounty Unlocks’: rewards for use within other games when special goals are achieved. With cunning and skill, players will unlock prizes including exclusive skins and heads for use within Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC), character accessories for Team Fortress 2 (PC only), unique Xbox 360 Avatar Items, and Premium Themes for dressing up PlayStation 3

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am in the rare minority that actually liked ClapTrap and am not bothered at all that he's here. Love the cast.

Sad if Ash isn't Bruce, though.

pakkit

Banned
Can it match TWD's writing?

You lose the handle...All-In with pocket aces. Clementine puts her hand on your shoulder, "It's okay...I'm sure we'll raise enough money to see my parents soon, right?"

Salt stings your eyes. You don't have the courage to look back.

FIN

Top Bottom