• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's Poker Night 2 officially announced (PS3/360/PC)

Sponge

Banned
Yea the " Other platforms will be announced eventually."

Sounds like WiiU, but can be Vita or 3DS but does those really make sense?

It's very unlikely Nintendo will get this game, considering Borderlands and Portal never have even appeared on Nintendo consoles before.

How odd would it be for Valve's first appearance on a Nintendo console be through Telltale's Poker Night?

Timeless

Imagine how great it would have been if this read your Walking Dead save and Lee was a player. It wouldn't make any canonical sense why he's playing poker, but he could reference things that he did in each player's save file. Alas.

SmithnCo

It's very unlikely Nintendo will get this game, considering Borderlands and Portal never have even appeared on Nintendo consoles before.

How odd would it be for Valve's first appearance on a Nintendo console be through Telltale's Poker Night?

In that case, I'm hoping for Vita. A good portable poker game for that system would be nice.

mclem

Pretty odd, but the Gamepad setup does lend itself *very* nicely to a poker feel.

jediyoshi

I'd buy it twice if telltale updated their stuff to allow the game to continue running when the window isn't active

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Some people were speculating that it might have still been Bruce but pitch-shifted as apparently Telltale did in the past (lol), but someone was able to get in touch with the man himself and get the straight answer:

Time to start begging. Don't do this to me, Brucie :(

Cronen

You can now pre-purchase on Steam. As the above post says, if you pre-purchase you get a free copy of Poker Night 1. No release date yet though.

Forsythia

Those Evil Dead items for Borderlands 2 and TF2 are worth the purchase alone! Too bad Ash isn't voiced by Bruce and doesn't have his chainsaw hand.

Jake

Those Evil Dead items for Borderlands 2 and TF2 are worth the purchase alone! Too bad Ash isn't voiced by Bruce and doesn't have his chainsaw hand.

Chainsaw hand variant was modeled. I wonder if it ever makes an appearance in the game...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Uh, is it true there is no online multiplayer?!

Yes, and there's no reason anyone should have ever thought otherwise really. I don't think Telltale has ever done an online game before and the whole idea behind poker night is to experience the weird personalities of the cast with the poker just being the functional means with which to interact with them.

I guess I can understand people being disappointed that they don't have a fancy 3D chatroom poker to play online with their friends, but Poker Night is not and will probably never be about that.

EDIT: beaten by the man himself

Sciz

Chainsaw hand variant was modeled. I wonder if it ever makes an appearance in the game...

So what's it like to be able to make it your job to develop silly crossover poker games? Because that sounds like the dream gig from where I'm sitting.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
New trailer elaborating on bit more on gameplay.

-Chips, decks and tables are unlocked through tokens.
-Borderlands 2/TF2/360 Avatar items are unlocked by completing challenges, ranging from the conventional ("Go all-in and win") to the... rather curious ("
Win a pot when 2 or more opponents are in love
", "
Take two aspirin and call me in the morning
", "
Deploy withering sarcasm
")
-Using a full intellectual property chip/deck/table set will transform the Inventory, changing the gameplay in ways unannounced and unlocking some specific cameos (demonstrated is
Steve the "Heyo!" guy on Borderlands
)
-"Winslow" is back. (Now more than ever, Telltale has a reason to not explicitly cite him as being Winslow because, you know, Disney lawyers.)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I would really love this game for iOS... I enjoy them, but it's not one I'll just sit there and play for hours at my PC when I could just load up the other couple hundred games at my finger tips and get way more play time out of that. Really should be on iOS.

I was worried this wouldn't live up to the first one. I was completely wrong. The extra cameos and improvements make it a far more replayable and enjoyable experience (though i do miss the old characters)

Jb

Is the AI actually better at poker this time around? My interest in a single player texas hold em game is fairly limited, but maybe when it hits the app store I'll pick it up to play on the train.

Lizardfolk

Neo Member
I'm still surprised how much story Telltale manage to shove into a poker game without it feeling completely tacked on...

Honestly one of the better experiences I've had in single player poker

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So...is this worth 5 bucks?

My finger is on the button.

Yep, had loads of fun with the character banters and just some decent poker rounds for the sake of playing poker. (Anything with Glados in it is worth 5bucks)

Top Bottom