• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

DedValve

Banned
Is this game broken for anyone else on 360?

Goes to main menu
Sees connecting...
Black screen where I'm unable to do anything except manually shut off the xbox.

Tried 3 times now. This morning was fine but I couldn't download ep 5 for some reason.

Goes to main menu
Sees connecting...

Tried 3 times now. This morning was fine but I couldn't download ep 5 for some reason.

I could be wrong, but I think it releases on 360 August 27th.

Thanks. So I guess not even my chosen "Clementine tips" at the end of S1 actually matter at all? :/

I don't think they matter per se, but I believe she mentions the tips in dialog, so it's kind of a nod and wink to you.

Goes to main menu
Sees connecting...

Yeah same for me, it works fine if the internet is off but if its on I cant get passed "press start" screen

Yeef

Thanks. So I guess not even my chosen "Clementine tips" at the end of S1 actually matter at all? :/

Oh, really? I thought it had some kind of impact...
In regards to choices in the first season and 400 days; there aren't any huge plot-affecting changes, obviously, but there are nods and references to your choices. For example, I told Clementine to stay out of cities; it's not worth the risk, and she's mentioned that a couple of times in Season 2. At the end of 400 days,
everyone that decides to go with whatsherface will be members of Carver's camp.

Oidisco

Gametrailers review is up, and it contains some big spoilers. There's no warning either, so just be aware of that incase you waych it.
Also, they didn't really like it that much.

Pretty interesting - I'm not sure how they're going to reconcile all this in the next season.

Arvo is an asshole.
The Lee flashback/dream was great.
There are 3 endings that I know of:
1) Let Clem kill Kenny and offer to go with Jane. From there, you choose whether or not to let the family come in.
2) Let Kenny kill Jane and then kill him/kill Kenny and then walk away from Jane/kill Jane and walk away from Kenny. Clementine ends up facing a horde with AJ, and smears zombie gore on both of them to get through it.
3) Let Kenny kill Jane, then choose to go with him. From there, you can either leave together when you arrive at Wellington, or allow him to let you and AJ stay there while he walks off.

Pretty solid finish overall, though.

mejin

urso-do-pica-pau-o.gif

Thanks.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
1) Let Clem kill Kenny and offer to go with Jane. From there, you choose whether or not to let the family come in.
2) Let Kenny kill Jane and then kill him/kill Kenny and then walk away from Jane/kill Jane and walk away from Kenny. Clementine ends up facing a horde with AJ, and smears zombie gore on both of them to get through it.
3) Let Kenny kill Jane, then choose to go with him. From there, you can either leave together when you arrive at Wellington, or allow him to let you and AJ stay there while he walks off.

Choices that MATTER, utterly shocked at that one. Pretty predictable stuff really, nothing special. Some decent character development for once instead of rushing about constantly with people who don't second guess a kid and die for her. Felt bad for Kenny in parts with this episode, first time this season has given me emotion beside some form of anger.

What I went with for the ending:
I killed Kenny and went with Jane. It has to be this way.

Oh and in closing
season 1 was better.

Anustart

Well, I really made that ending stupid.

I let Kenny kill Jane, Kenny goes on spiel on how he does everything for the baby, blah blah blah. I'm leaving Kenny! Ok, take the baby.

Was a better episode then most of the season, I just should have chosen differently at the end lol.

Sober

Pretty interesting - I'm not sure how they're going to reconcile all this in the next season.

Arvo is an asshole.
The Lee flashback/dream was great.
There are 3 endings that I know of:

Wait,
you actually arrive in Wellington for that ending? The fuck!

A-V-B

They really pulled a switcheroo. I'd been operating under the principles of a Telltale game the whole time, so I thought if
there was a choice between saving Kenny or Jane, that they were both going to die.

That there were actual endings is kind of surprising in a.. not so great way. That Jane was utterly insane came out of nowhere. She never seemed manipulative like that, it just wasn't in her character. She would much more likely bail than go to all that effort. It seemed forced.

And the obvious ending they put all their effort into is the one where Kenny leaves you at Wellington, so why not just write a story that naturally leads into that instead of going, "eh, we dunno what's actually right" and giving you choices? I never thought I'd be on the fence about being given actual choice, but when it's done like this I guess I have weird standards.

HT UK

Can't even get to the main menu as it won't connect to their servers :/

I bought the game direct from Telltale and the only way to download the episode is in-game.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Wait,
you actually arrive in Wellington for that ending? The fuck!

Well you only go into Wellington for one of the five endings, and the women at the gate says that Christa isn't there.
I'm suprised there are multiple choices though, makes me think no Clem for season 3

Samara

Oh man, I cried a lot

Ending spoiler
I was shocked at the betrayal of Mike/Bonnie.I guess Clem pretty much spilled what happened to Omid's baby. Kenny's goodbye was hard to watch....oof
The little boy looks a lot like my nephew, I have to show it to my sister :0

DedValve

Banned
I got to the main menu but can't download Ep 5 even though it takes me to the download page. I get a red circle flag.

Is the episode even out yet? When they aren't I'm given no option to download at all and it just says "coming soon" but this one says it's already out.

360 btw.

Looked away while Kenny killed Jane, went with him to Wellington, and he left me and AJ there. So sad. Kenny redeems himself.

What happened to Luke for everyone? I couldn't save him from the ice. :(

Kyougar

Anybody else not get any achievements btw?

Yeah, also no "my choices".

Went with Kenny, even if I had convince myself that he should not be killed (by me/Clem). Decided to accept the offer to go into wellingten. Hell it was the middle of the Winter and I had a Baby to take care off. If it would have been summer, I would propably go with Kenny. Society in a Postacolyptic World is fucked up. I hope Clem is allright in Wellington.

What happened to Luke for everyone? I couldn't save him from the ice. :(

I was shooting the walkers when this Traiterous ***** got Luke killed! Damn this Woman!
I think If I had tried to go to Luke, we would both have been fallen in the lake and I would have been saved like my original choice. but then i wonder what bonny would have bitched about and why she would have backstabbed us. I thought that were because I didnt go with her choice on the lake. *shrug*
Btw never liked her. I would have shot her in Episode 3 if I had had the Chance. Was allways going with the "I dont trust you, I dont like you" Options in the Dialogue. (And I wonder why she betrayed us in the end....)

Smackodon

Neo Member
I got to the main menu but can't download Ep 5 even though it takes me to the download page. I get a red circle flag.

Is the episode even out yet? When they aren't I'm given no option to download at all and it just says "coming soon" but this one says it's already out.

360 btw.

I know that typically 360 gets episodes a day later than PSN and PC. Most digital releases like this are always on wednesday, usually around 4 or 5 A.M. EST.

TJP

Bought the second season directly from TellTale which is a mistake I'm never making again! As usual we are still wating to download the last episode when everyone else has it and has finished it...The fantastic customer serivce says:

"I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently experiencing a high amount of server traffic due to the recent release. We are currently looking into the issue. Unfortunately my only recommendation would be to restart the game and/or your internet connection, and try connecting again, and the episode should show as available after a few tries

We've had this issue pretty much from the first day of season two; first no Steam keys and then a wait to download the episodes! Next time I buy any Telltale game it'll be from Steam at a heavily discounted price (season 2 currently on Steam at $9.99).

Telltale thread for those who care: http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/80746/twd-ep-5-not-available-for-dowload-on-pc/p3

Smackodon

Neo Member
Damn, I thought with the achievements being fixed the episode was up on 360, but it ain't. You can go to buy it, but there's a big stop sign symbol next to the download stopping you.

im_dany

It's still not out yet on 360... the bad thing is that on the game menu there's been the "download" thing instead of "coming soon" since last week. Why do we have to wait 1 more day? :/

Well, that was one of the better chapters this season... they managed to end on a higher note.

But I'm not sure why this season needs to exist - the overall arc just isn't that strong or important, especially compared to season 1. What did Clem (or the player) learn that wasn't known before?

I'm particularly irked by the inconsistent characterisation with people doing 'dramatic' things without build-up or believable motivation. It happens throughout the season but here it's
Bonnie/Mike betraying Clem and Jane being sly and manipulative with the baby. Kenny was a blind, violent fool but at least he was consistent.

And what happened to the puzzles? When presented with
a broken truck, a supply problem and a house full of building materials
, am I wrong to expect some exploration and object-based puzzling? And why talk up the challenge
of getting people to join the camp fire or changing Kenny's bandages
when you all have to do is click the only available option? Why is
crossing the ice
just a QTE of walking forward instead of something the player is actively involved in? Why doesn't the player have any agency when it comes to dealing with
Arvo's
imprisonment?

Meh. They really need to bring back some genuine choice and challenge because the story is really not strong enough to stand on its own merits.

MNC

A quick hit and run: I'll probably buy it on sale, but how does the entirety of s2 stack against s1? I remember not really being into s01e01.

A quick hit and run: I'll probably buy it on sale, but how does the entirety of s2 stack against s1? I remember not really being into s01e01.

Playing as Clem and having adults react to her is genuinely interesting and something that gives S2 a lot of momentum. But S1's throughline - Lee taking care of Clem and making sure she is ready for this new world - is much stronger than the constant setbacks and new directions S2 throws at you.

I recommend The Wolf Among Us above S2.

im_dany

IMHO Season 1 > Season 2 (especially Ep 2 and 3 IMHO).

I'm downloading S2 Ep 5 on Xbox right now, 430 MB.

Well, I really made that ending stupid.

I let Kenny kill Jane, Kenny goes on spiel on how he does everything for the baby, blah blah blah. I'm leaving Kenny! Ok, take the baby.

Was a better episode then most of the season, I just should have chosen differently at the end lol.

Am I reading this wrong or can you really do that?
Leave Kenny if he kills Jane? I thought you could only shoot him.

Labrys

Protected the baby, covered Luke, didn't ask to leave with Mike (fuck Arvo and Bonnie btw), shot Kenny, ended up AJ, Jane and the family.

I didn't like this episode at all, to be honest. Season 1 hit me a lot harder and felt a lot more fulfilling to play.

theowne

Wow! For once I actually feel like I'm playing Walking Dead season 1 again in the sense that I actually cared about my choices and struggled to make them.

I'm really curious how Telltale is going to deal the different endings in S3.

raindoc

Uhm, where's the iOS release? Should've been out for hours in europe already, but in "Episodes" #5 is stll listed as "coming soon"?

Top Bottom