• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

njBAJ8E.jpg

Developer: Telltale Games
Release Date:

PC/PSN: December 17th
XBLA: December 18th​

Feels: Many

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SHALL BE A SPOILER-FREE THREAD. ANYONE WHO POSTS UNPROPERLY MARKED SPOILERS FROM SEASON 2 OF THE GAME, THE TV SHOW OR THE COMICS SHALL BE EXECUTED WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

The Walking Dead is a point 'n' click adventure game that follows a ragtag group of survivors, including player character Clementine, trying to eke out a living in a world ravaged by the undead. Each episode features a number of choices, whether they be major or seemingly consequential, which molds the player's experience into a more personal one based around what kind of character they want Clementine to be.

Massive spoilers from TWD Season 1 abound!

It's been many months since little Clementine's life fell into ruins. After a mysterious viral outbreak that causes corpses to rise from their graves and devour the living ripped through Georgia, the 8-year-old girl was left stranded in her treehouse with naught but a hammer and her lucky baseball cap to keep her company. A few days later, she heard a man's voice echo throughout her neighborhood, heralding the arrival of Lee Everett, the protagonist of Season 1 and her guardian/parental figure who would guide her through the horrors of the dystopia that awaited them.

After a myriad of heartbreak, loss and misery, the pair made their way to Savannah, the coastal city where Clementine believed she could fine her missing parents. Shortly after arriving, Lee's world was thrown into turmoil when his surrogate daughter was kidnapped, leading to him getting infected by the virus on his quest to save her. Using the last of his strength, Lee rescued the girl from her sinister captor, but succumbed to his bite shortly afterwards. At this point, Clementine also discovered the reanimated corpses of her missing parents, because Telltale's writers apparently enjoy crushing the souls of their audience. Collapsing in a jewlery store, Lee was then either left to turn by Clem in order to spare her the grief or put out of his misery by the wee lass, depending on the player's choices.

Season 2 picks up sometime after the events of The 400 Days DLC chapter, and finds Clem on her own in the wilderness, surviving but still shaken by the decimation of her parental figures. How will the story unfold? Play the game and find out!

Episode 1: All That Remains

Released: December 17th, 2013

(Info will be updated as episodes are released!)

Clementine is the 9-year-old protagonist of the story who is extremely wise and skilled with a gun for someone her age. To learn more about her, read the "Overview" section of the OP.

Omid is a goofy history buff who bonded with Lee over their mutual appreciation of Civil War heritage sites. Before Lee's passing, he was appointed Clementine's guardian by the man himself.
Poor Omid was too good for this sinful earth and got killed off unceremoniously by a mook at the beginning of Episode 1.

Christa is Omid's wife who has a kind heart despite her suspicious nature and constant worrying. She accepted the role of Clem's surrogate mother following Lee's death, but is also pregnant with her own child.
She is currently MIA after having a tussle with some bandits in the woods.
Winston is a mysterious and sinister man who appears to be pursuing Clementine for some reason.
He turns out to be an ultragoon who gets murked by Clem not even a third of the way through Episode 1. So much for the mystery, I guess.

250px-AHDT_Luke_Walking.png

Luke is a member of the new group Clementine joined in Episode 1. Kindhearted and empathetic, Luke seems to have a better attitude towards the little girl than most of the other members of the group.

250px-ATR_Nick_Walking.png

Nick is the cabin group's token hotheaded member, and is apparently infamous for his itchy trigger finger and propensity to act without thinking.
Depending on the player's actions at the end of Episode 1, Nick is either missing, having disappeared into the woods following a walker ambush, or in a depressed funk over the death of his uncle.

250px-ATR_Pete_Argument.png

Pete is Nick's uncle and the cabin group's moral compass, but is prone to upsetting others with his bluntness and pragmatism. Nevertheless, he's a good guy with whom Clementine formed a near-instant bond.
Depending on the player's actions at the end of Episode 1, Pete is either dead, being devoured by walkers; or bitten on the leg. Time will tell what his ultimate fate will be.

General Information/FAQ

The Walking Dead Wiki (beware of spoilers!)

Telltale's The Walking Dead GAF Spoiler Thread

Good luck out there, folks! Keep your hair short, and your enemy's lifespans shorter!

So hyped.

Because I'm a horrible person, I'm going to copy/paste this from the other S2 thread because I'm getting a bit desperate and want to hold off on my fourth, last resort playthrough of S1 as long as possible: Is there somewhere I could find a PC save for Season 1 with specific choices made? I played S1 and 400 days on my 360, but got S2 on my PC and don't really want to play through the game again merely to setup a file for S2

Sober

Good thing I get off work early and just shortly after the game unlocks on Steam. Have my save files from season 1 ready too.

I am going to break down, aren't I? Please be okay, Clem.

Nudull

Banned
Hopefully this comes out on PS3 tomorrow or so, I'm almost done with my replay of season 1 (just need to do 400 Days). Hyped either way.

xkramz

i need to replay the first season before this. what ever happened to
the bum they found in the train cart? i dont remember if he died or not

MNC

I hope this will be good, given that there are different Writers on board. It's always a touchy subject like this.

Can't wait for more superficial "choices."

That aside, will download and play as soon as I wake up. My wife loves these "games" and I love the art style. Should be for a fun time.

Got my save restored and ready to go! Here's hoping Telltale made a far less leaky ship this time around, the glitches last season really put a damper on my enjoyment of the game.

Do you guys think saves from season 1 will play that big of part this time or will the season start based off the majority of choices made by the community as a whole?

I completed season 1 and 400 days but would like to get season 2 on PSN.

I hope this will be good, given that there are different Writers on board. It's always a touchy subject like this.

Yup. Plus there probably is a wish to outdo themselves again, which could lead to a bunch of jumping the shark moments.

I do hope impressions are good when it comes out.

Planning to hold off on this until the PS4/Vita versions land (Whichever is first), which I presume will be when the episodes are all out on current platforms.

Think I'll do a re-run of the first season on Vita in preparation in the meantime.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm glad Omid and Christa survived S1 but I doubt they'll be so lucky in S2. :(

Pretty much. Other than them, I'm trying to remember who actually survived season 1

the pizza delivery guy who drives off at the end of 1, to Atlanta I think, and the extreme pic axe girl in Savannah. I can't remember their names. Am I missing anyone?

RPGCrazied

Replaying this on PS3 to get ready. Already on episode 4. Its not coming out until tomorrow anyway, so I have another day to finish!

Trigger

Pretty much. Other than them, I'm trying to remember who actually survived season 1

the pizza delivery guy who drives off at the end of 1, to Atlanta I think, and the extreme pic axe girl in Savannah. I can't remember their names. Am I missing anyone?

Lily.

Carl

Bought Series 1 on Vita last week and have to say i was rather disappointed. Hated all of the characters apart from Omid and Doug. Wanted every character to die. Was bitterly disappointed with the predictable as fuck ending. Clementine pisses me the hell off. I mean, it was decent, but not great. I don't understand the hype.

Gonna wait for a sale before jumping in on this.

MNC

The first one is
Glenn, and he's probably not coming back to the game. He's a character in the comic and TV series and he's busy doing stuff and things over there.

Wizman23

Banned
Never got to play the first one because all it did was freeze my PC, the same PC that can run pretty much everything else on max settings.

Vico

Never got to play the first one because all it did was freeze my PC, the same PC that can run pretty much everything else on max settings.

Yeah, that's really the biggest problem with Telltale Games.
Their games run like shit (Wolf Among Us too).

Nzyme32

I was replaying 400 days and can't believe I didn't realise
each character's stories are connected, particularly nate's truck and the older guys talking about Brie and Vernon, and how the end credit's explains what happened to the characters not accounted for

Top Bottom