• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

Kind of annoying that Telltale haven't said a word regarding how they're implementing saves, carrying over saves, cross saves, are they going to let you pick your choices from the last season?

With their support of the save glitches on the last season (there was no support) it leaves me a little worried.

-Digits-

I'm not sure if I want this on PC or Vita. I'm a little scared the PC version will eat my saves again. But the Vita version will probably run as bad as the first season. Meh.

Shane

Telltale better have put a quick 'pick past choices' option in. Don't want to rely on my 360 not dying to keep the save running into this series and the next.

Staab

Anyone know if this is considered like an additional episode of season 1, aka I can just install the episode and use my old TWD install or do I have to make a new install with Season 2 TWD and can actually remove season 1 / 400 days (while keeping the saves ?) ?

Chorazin

Man, this is out for PS3 tomorrow? Craziness!

I guess that means I need to get my ass in gear and play 400 Days, just bought it and I'll play through it tonight.

ClassicVintage

Neo Member
Isn't best to wait until all the episodes have been released, just incase they pull a cleave hanger and that you experience the whole game at a low price plus I am curious to see how telltale games will able to transition Season 1 'decisions' into Season 2. So I think I'll wait and see.

OMG. So excited to play this when I get home from work! I just wish the episodes were longer. It's going to be tough playing through this, and then having to wait for another episode of TWAU.

grebby

Telltale better have put a quick 'pick past choices' option in. Don't want to rely on my 360 not dying to keep the save running into this series and the next.

I seriously hope this is in the game but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I really want to play Season 2 but without my original save file I'm a bit hesitant. We'll find out soon I suppose.

The_Monk

Will be waiting for some spoiler-free impressions from you all my good fellow GAFfers.

For reference I finished the First Episode 3 times, on 3 different platforms (PC, 360, VITA) and finished the Season One + 400 Days DLC twice (on PC, VITA) and I can't wait to play this, so hyped! I'll just wait for a more affordable price to my wallet and I'll be sure to join you all on the discussion later on.

Have fun!

Nzyme32

The problem with this is that the choices you make in season 1 are somewhat ambiguous. To choose them at the beginning of season 2 would be to answer what choices from season 1/400 days are critical to season 2's story

Nopren

Regarding decisions carried over from 400 Days:
I really hope that the people who chose to stay at the camp also gets to have some significance, Bonnie was the only one in my playthrough who chose to go to the settlement.

CloudWolf

I really hope that the people who chose to stay at the camp also gets to have some significance, Bonnie was the only one in my playthrough who chose to go to the settlement.
Doubt it, though I know for sure Bonnie will play a part in Season 2. That's the only one who always goes with Tavia regardless of your choices in her story and/or the epilogue.

j-wood

If I get this from green man gaming, can anyone confirm what the DRM is? Can currently get it for $16 from there...

More importantly, I bought season 1 on steam so I'm worried about save stuff carrying over

-Digits-

What version of s1 on PC you have shouldn't matter because the actual saves are stored in the same location regardless of what version you have.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If I get this from green man gaming, can anyone confirm what the DRM is? Can currently get it for $16 from there...

Looks like it's whatever the Telltale store uses. You can get the Steam version for like 6-7 keys on trading sites.

Nopren

Doubt it, though I know for sure Bonnie will play a part in Season 2. That's the only one who always goes with Tavia regardless of your choices in her story and/or the epilogue.

*Groan* kinda don't wan't to play through it again, but would like to see some of the characters again in season 2.

Nzyme32

Possible season 2 spoiler (my own theory) -
I think they will. The first tweet of Omid in season 2 seems to be from gil's pit stop, and the campsite that the 400 days characters are at is very close by. If characters are at the campsite and have a fire going, Omid etc may see it and venture out there

NeoGash

Dayum can't wait! TWD season 1 and 400 Days are completed, so I am very, very excited for this. Lighting struck 6 times IMO, let's see if they can do it a 7th time.

Shane

The problem with this is that the choices you make in season 1 are somewhat ambiguous. To choose them at the beginning of season 2 would be to answer what choices from season 1/400 days are critical to season 2's story

You could have said the same about Mass Effect. There could always be duff questions in there. I don't expect many decisions to really carry over anyway.

dugdug

Banned
Regarding the OP, is the PSN version really out tomorrow?

Their Twitter announcement made it look like it was out today, but, the annoying spacing on the tweet made it slightly confusing.

Downhome

I wonder how dark they'll take this story. Imagine, as Clementine, getting to the end but getting attacked and turning. The very last choice in the game is to hold back or attack whoever eventually becomes your primary caretaker at the end of the game, and as you do they put you down.

After losing my save towards the end of the last season I found that my choices didn't really make any difference but it'd be nice just to be able to pick some main choices.

Uh... If I buy the standalone game from the Telltale site will my Steam saves carry over?

Apparently all the saves on pc are saved to the same folder regardless if it's steam or not.

bjork

My PC is too lame to run this, so I guess I'm waiting for either Vita or 360 tomorrow. It needs to be tomorrow asap.

Top Bottom