• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenchu 4 (Wii) screens , triology on the way

Scrubking

It's not just the crap support they are giving the Wii, it's also the fact that Ubisoft is likely to send this game out to die without a lick of advertising just like they did NMH.

def sim

Phife Dawg said:
For a Tenchu game this actually looks pretty good :lol .

Tenchu XBox:

tenchu_020204__020204_000_640w.jpg

tenchu_020204__020204_001_640w.jpg

Tenchu 360:
tenchu-z-20070424051951363_640w.jpg

tenchu-z-20070424051952613_640w.jpg

Tenchu Z (360) is, by no means, a pretty game, but it looks like you picked out some terrible shots for it.

4crouch.jpg

tenchuzo.jpg

JDSN

Banned
DXB-KNIGHT said:
If Ubi publishing does this means ZERO advertisment as in No More Heros?

Probably more since Acquire is planning to milk it the series, which seems to be the only thing that matters to them these days.

Haunted

Ubi continues to be a decent publisher on the Wii. First No More Heroes, now this.

The screens... it looks like the dev re-used the engine from the 360 version for this. cheap bastards. :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks a bit better, I suppose. The series has never been attractive. All of the PS2 games were 60 fps, however, so I hope they at least go for a high framerate here as well.

klausbert

Finally the Wii is getting some more titles that interest me. Fatal Frame 4, Mad World and this all look very promising.

rance said:
Tenchu Z (360) is, by no means, a pretty game, but it looks like you picked out some terrible shots for it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/Ranced/4crouch.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/Ranced/tenchuzo.jpg
I took the first ones that looked like actual gameplay (didn't play Tenchu Z). It wasn't my point to downplay the gfx, just show that Tenchu games are always at the lower end of the technical spectrum. Even the pics you posted look terrible for a 360 game.

ram said:
better than what? a 2005 game? sorry, tenchu games looked always dated and the new one looks more dated than ever before.
Well it's not on a Sony console, so that means insta-fail I guess.

Scrubking said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... The famitsu page says something about Ubisoft distribution. Please tell me they aren't getting their filthy hands on this.

And, I'll ask again if this trilogy is Wii only or just this game.
Well they published NMH in the US, that's cool in my book. If Ubi would revert to just publishing other people's work it would be better for all of us. After all, all their current games that are worth a damn are not developed in-house (Anno, BiA).

def sim

Phife Dawg said:
I took the first ones that looked like actual gameplay (didn't play Tenchu Z). It wasn't my point to downplay the gfx, just show that Tenchu games are always at the lower end of the technical spectrum. Even the pics you posted look terrible for a 360 game.

Yes, as I pointed out, it's not a good looking game by any means. I'm only really posting the pics for a better comparison between games.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dascu said:
UbiSoft is publishing this? Awww shit. UbiSoft boycott vs 3rd party support.... What to choose...
Well, you did buy the american version of No More Heroes, which was published by Ubi....so ;P yeah.

Never read up on the Tenchu games, but I can always hope this game is fun

agrajag

Banned
Wow, that X-Box Tenchu looks blurry as fuck. Still though, from this game, I expect at least Ninja Gaiden X-Box level graphics. This is not quite there. I know Wii is a little tricky with shaders, it boggles my mind that Factor 5 hasn't developed their Wii-specific engine and pimped it out to third parties, they would've made a ton of cash.

Vinci

Danish
So I'm basically going to have to buy it over the internet since it became difficult as hell to find NMH in retail stores around here? Thanks, Ubi. You pricks. Advertise the fucking game, put it out in decent numbers, and maybe I can still buy something you get a percentage of.

RpgN

Looks much better than the last couple of tenchu games. I'm afraid it might disappoint but there is more effort put into it (by the looks of it). Make tenchu game as good as the first 2 ones!

TunaLover

Phife Dawg said:
Black and white? Seriously? Even Rising Star made coloured booklets here in Europe :lol .

Only the booklet cover is in color, the booklet itself is pretty plain too, just like others Ubigames.

i really hope they keep the ability meters in this itereation. i loved feeling stronger as the game progressed. keep the whole character custimization bar the barbie doll stuff and i will be very happy with this game.

you were able to throw dead badguys since Z and was always a great one hit kill if you hit a another guy, or you could bowl if you put several guys to sleep and brought them to a single place and then threw a guy into them instant killing 5 guys at once. oh tenchu.

Dascu said:
Conference shots look pretty fucking solid. Hopefully we'll get a trailer/gameplay footage soon.
Indeed. To be fair though, off-screen shots tend to be sometimes a bit misleading when it comes to visuals...But yeah, I think that some direct feed footage would definitely get us to know for certain what's up with this game's graphics - although from every pics or screenshot we have seen so far, it's indeed looking pretty damn solid visually... Anyway, I'm certainly hoping to see something about the game mechanics and controls too. Heck, they could even add to that a decent gameplay and controls demonstration footage, complete with the old cliché of the player's hands popping-up on screen, and all that :p .

stuminus3

Rune Factory and Fatal Frame 4 have really tickled my chuckle muscle, but I'm not holding my breath for this one (though it is good to see Aquire on dev duties)... the original Tenchu games BLEW ME AWAY at the time, really gave me a love for the 3D stealth game. It just didn't progress the way it should have, unfortunately.

I hope I'm very, very wrong about this new game.

I remember when I saw Splinter Cell the first time, I dismissed it as a cheap Tenchu clone. :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
i have tenchu z on the 360 and it's a good game, the graphics look fine in 720p....also the 4 player coop is what makes the game great, especially on the harder difficulty settings in missions where you have to eliminate all the enemies...good stuff.

but i'll rent this on the wii to see how the controls feel.

ivysaur12

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
Game started on PS3, was canned, lead designer went to Capcom, project moved to Wii, Ubisoft co-funded. That is all.

Interesting.

Well, like No More Heroes, this will receive ZERO marketing in the west, which sucks.

But...

SpyBorgs
Fatal Frame IV
Tenchu 4
Rune Factory Frontier

All 3rd party (I know FF4 is being published by Nintendo...) Wii games that look great. What is going on?

jarrod

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
Game started on PS3, was canned, lead designer went to Capcom, project moved to Wii, Ubisoft co-funded. That is all.
Was K2 doing it initially, or was it Acquire from the start?

Makes me wonder if Way of the Samurai 3 got moved to Wii too?

nightside

ivysaur12 said:
Interesting.

Well, like No More Heroes, this will receive ZERO marketing in the west, which sucks.

But...

SpyBorgs
Fatal Frame IV
Tenchu 4
Rune Factory Frontier

All 3rd party (I know FF4 is being published by Nintendo...) Wii games that look great. What is going on?

you KNOW that some will argue about that "spyborgs....look great" thing right?

(not me btw..i see lots of potential in that game...and i guess it will look great..really)

jarrod said:
Was K2 doing it initially, or was it Acquire from the start?

Makes me wonder if Way of the Samurai 3 got moved to Wii too?

Acquire from the start. WotS3 is canned. K2 is... up to something.

MassiveAttack said:
Ooh, most interesting...Still, I can't help wondering why exactly the project was canned for PS3...Technical hurdles with the hardware ? Budget issues ? Both ? Or maybe... they decided to switch to the Wii and restart everything from scratch essentially because of the numerous, immersive gameplay possibilities offered by the Wiimote ?...Well, you know, just throwing the idea out there...
Anyway, Ubisoft co-funding a hardcore game on Wii ? Consider my mind blown.

Scrubking

Stormbringer said:
Anyway, Ubisoft co-funding a hardcore game on Wii ? Consider my mind blown.

You and me both. Could it be that they might actually advertise this? No, no the earth would explode if that happened.

ivysaur12

Banned
nightside said:
you KNOW that some will argue about that "spyborgs....look great" thing right?

(not me btw..i see lots of potential in that game...and i guess it will look great..really)

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I really do this is has the potential to be a ton of fun.

And I still can't believe Ubisoft is co-funding this. You think they could've mentioned that on their gamer day instead of Babiez?

jarrod

Banned
If Ubi's throwing cash around Japan, they need to hook up with GA and kickstart the GCN Grandia remake for Wii.

Top Bottom