• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

luffeN

Did any of the Korean players try TERA with the 360 controller? If so, was it an enjoyable experience or would you rather play with M+KB?

TimeKillr

Okay, got my key and will set it up tonight.

Sounds promising (even though it's in europe so it'll prolly be slow as molasses lol)

If anything I have a few good european proxies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wait, I thought the first phase of this beta started feb 10th? Why am I reading places saying "prepare for the beta saturday", tomorrow? The 11th?

Staab

Wait, I thought the first phase of this beta started feb 10th? Why am I reading places saying "prepare for the beta saturday", tomorrow? The 11th?

Afaik, EU beta starts on the 4th at 3pm CET.
Sucks that I'll be away the whole week-end though, haha will maybe get to play 2hours ;(

Coverly

Did any of the Korean players try TERA with the 360 controller? If so, was it an enjoyable experience or would you rather play with M+KB?

I did and it was a blast. They game plays just like an action game for all classes. Healing with a controller was particularly easy.

The only small problem with it was the quest windows. On a quest window the mouse cursor will come out and you can move it with the controller. That way you can scroll the text window and accept/decline quests. For some, the cursor speed was too fast but for me it was ok. Still, navigating the quests screens with the controller should have been made easier.

Corky

Afaik, EU beta starts on the 4th at 3pm CET.
Sucks that I'll be away the whole week-end though, haha will maybe get to play 2hours ;(

fffffffffffuuu..... daaaaamn I'm going to be able to play this tomorrow ? Sick!

edit : hmm this is conflicting, some say 4th and others say 10th. Wonder which it is.

froliq

fffffffffffuuu..... daaaaamn I'm going to be able to play this tomorrow ? Sick!

edit : hmm this is conflicting, some say 4th and others say 10th. Wonder which it is.

Euro dates are these: (stolen from https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=27376)
Start Date End Date
Sneak peek 04.02.2012 05.02.2012
CBT 1 17.02.2012 19.02.2012
CBT 2 02.03.2012 04.03.2012
CBT 3 16.03.2012 18.03.2012
CBT 4 30.03.2012 01.04.2012
CBT 5 13.04.2012 15.04.2012
Character wipe
OBT 19.04.2012 24.04.2012
Character wipe
PCC 26.04.2012 27.04.2012

Head Start
28.04.2012 02.05.2012
Launch 03.05.2012

NA seems to have no sneak peek event and instead their first beta test start on the 10th.

Corky

Euro dates are these: (stolen from https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=27376)
Start Date End Date
Sneak peek 04.02.2012 05.02.2012
CBT 1 17.02.2012 19.02.2012
CBT 2 02.03.2012 04.03.2012
CBT 3 16.03.2012 18.03.2012
CBT 4 30.03.2012 01.04.2012
CBT 5 13.04.2012 15.04.2012
Character wipe
OBT 19.04.2012 24.04.2012
Character wipe
PCC 26.04.2012 27.04.2012

Head Start
28.04.2012 02.05.2012
Launch 03.05.2012

NA seems to have no sneak peek event and instead their first beta test start on the 10th.

Ahaa that explains a lot, so sneak peak for us yuropians tomorrow and the beta starts 10th for NA and 17th for EU. Guess I'm starting the download!

Corky

Also, if "you're good enough" can you dodge the enemies attacks as if it's an actual third person action game a la dmc or ninja gaiden?

Also, if "you're good enough" can you dodge the enemies attacks as if it's an actual third person action game a la dmc or ninja gaiden?

Yes.. you can.

The whole warrior class is based around evasion tanking.. by actually dodging enemy attacks.

It's very much like an action game.. reaction time and blocking are very important.. missing a block on a boss monster can result in several thousand damage.

Yes.. you can.

The whole warrior class is based around evasion tanking.. by actually dodging enemy attacks.

It's very much like an action game.. reaction time and blocking are very important.. missing a block on a boss monster can result in several thousand damage.

That sounds fantastic!

Ok, is the world one huge place like WoW or is it instances?

I honestly don't recall..

I think it only instances high population areas if I remember correctly. Izayoi would know for sure.

There are portals that take you between parts of the world.. but you can also travel on your mount or on foot to most places. It feels pretty damn big.

LowParry

well now I'm interested

Seriously, give the beta a try. Most people think it's your typical auto-attack with a cast bar MMO but this is far from it. You have to be active with your battles at all times. I wish I have some PvP impressions with my Korean play time but never really got a chance with it.

Corky

dang this all sounds good, can't wait to try it out. Is the early game interesting? Some of my fondest memories with WoW were at very early level like 1-15

Xint

Seems like several websites give out free keys for the European sneak peak this weekend. Found a few by googling.

here's a short combat video I captured with my lv 20 slayer.. during korean retail

The backflip is a skill that can be executed intentionally and there is a dodge skill as well that I make use of in that fight to evade enemy attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyU9hjYwuc

As you can see, enemies can evade your attacks, too.

Players and mobs follow the same rules with respect to combat.. you can dodge them, they can dodge you.. and so on and so forth.

wwm0nkey

Wiat can't you just get beta access for pre-ordering on Amazon? Or is the beta access not up for amazon pre-orders yet?

Ken

Wiat can't you just get beta access for pre-ordering on Amazon? Or is the beta access not up for amazon pre-orders yet?

En Masse tweeted that all the retailers listed on their Tera Online product page would have beta access. Right now I'm under the assumption that Amazon just hasn't updated their page yet (they don't even have the CE up yet). I'd ask EM but I don't have a Twitter account.

Regardless, if Amazon doesn't get out keys before the 10th I'll probably just preorder on En Masse's store.

En Masse tweeted that all the retailers listed on their Tera Online product page would have beta access. Right now I'm under the assumption that Amazon just hasn't updated their page yet (they don't even have the CE up yet). I'd ask EM but I don't have a Twitter account.

Regardless, if Amazon doesn't get out keys before the 10th I'll probably just preorder on En Masse's store.

Yep, Amazon just hasn't updated yet. For anyone that hasn't already, I would pre-order from En Masse just to be safe since the beta starts next weekend.

As for the keys being given away now, I added this to the OP:

Frogster is teaming up with several Euro gaming sites to give away beta keys for a special TERA weekend "Sneak Peak" event that will take place this weekend on February 4th and February 5th from 3pm to midnight. The true beta will begin on February 10th for NA and February 17th for EU

Top Bottom