• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

Rinoa

Yes.
http://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/153
"En Masse will block IPs based on region. Asia, Africa, Russia, and the Middle East are included on the block list. While we appreciate that there are players in these regions who would enjoy playing on En Masse servers, it's unfortunate that the vast majority of Internet traffic we see from these regions are from cyber-criminals relating to account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior."

Translation: We don't have a good staff or support system to combat RMT/bots. Let's just IP ban the majority of the world and help this offsets our weaknesses.

I'll give SWTOR credit here. I was expecting a lot of rmt and account phishing attempts. I've only received one via ingame mail and have seen zero offers in chat channels.

Doesn't that mean that they will simply use proxy?

Valnen

Wait. They censored the US release? Interest is suddenly bottomed out.

I'll still be buying it of course. Good games should always be bought regardless of censorship. Just don't think game content should ever be cut out for a US release.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wait. They censored the US release? Interest is suddenly bottomed out.

What about the EU release? The rating for that is even lower? Also I couldn't give a rats ass about the 10 year old looking girl cutie race having to put on some pants. Just don't remove stuff that affects the game ( if that now is the case ).

I try to log on and I get this message.

Please Select An Account
TERA - Collector's Edition (insufficient privileges)

Im guessing they havent updated their servers with my account yet?

Izayoi

Banned
I've heard of changes that happened on the Korean version that broke the game. Something about players being able to 2-shot other players due to weapon changes. Anyone know what this is about? Or is this all bullshit?
The only class capable of two-shotting is a Berserker right now. It might sound unbalanced at first, but it actually is fair because a) they're melee, b) they have no escape skill, c) they're the slowest class in the game.

Wait, I thought the first phase of this beta started feb 10th? Why am I reading places saying "prepare for the beta saturday", tomorrow? The 11th?
Sneak preview is this weekend for EU, proper beta starts next weekend.

you son of a

nooooooo!!!
Wahahaha.

I heard the game isnt open world. That its instance based. Is that true?
Ok, is the world one huge place like WoW or is it instances?
Open world. There are instanced dungeons, but it's mostly open world.

How prominent is all the political stuff? That's really what's driving me to play.
Very. Each patch is emphasizing the system even more. I don't know to what extent will be included in the NA version right off the bat, but hopefully Kings and server invasions make it in for launch.

well now I'm interested
Yes!

dang this all sounds good, can't wait to try it out. Is the early game interesting? Some of my fondest memories with WoW were at very early level like 1-15
The game will immediately grab most people visually right away, but in my opinion the game doesn't really get awesome until the first dungeon (level 19-20) and you see how much potential the boss fights have.

Urk, I hate open world. Hope it would be heavily instanced like Vindictus or Dragon Nest, especially with that kind of dynamic gameplay. Hope the world size is pretty small and doesn't involve much travelling...
There's plenty of exploring and traveling to be done. Sorry. :(

I try to log on and I get this message.

Please Select An Account
TERA - Collector's Edition (insufficient privileges)

Im guessing they havent updated their servers with my account yet?
They haven't turned the servers on yet, I don't believe.

I tried getting a key, it seems everyone's already out. Oh well.
I signed up on a couple sites before I realized it was Europe only. If I end up getting one I'll toss it your way.

Corky

The game will immediately grab most people visually right away, but in my opinion the game doesn't really get awesome until the first dungeon (level 19-20) and you see how much potential the boss fights have.

You think it'll be possible to reach the first dungeon this weekend at a normal playing pace?

Izayoi

Banned
You think it'll be possible to reach the first dungeon this weekend at a normal playing pace?
Well, it takes maybe 9-12 hours of /played to get to 19, so I guess it depends on your definition of "normal". I would say that's it definitely doable, but since a lot of people will be running through for the first time, it might take a bit longer. If they end up opening the servers today then you will definitely see some instance runs, but it will be far less likely if the servers open tomorrow.

Corky

Well, it takes maybe 9-12 hours of /played to get to 19, so I guess it depends on your definition of "normal". I would say that's it definitely doable, but since a lot of people will be running through for the first time, it might take a bit longer. If they end up opening the servers today then you will definitely see some instance runs, but it will be far less likely if the servers open tomorrow.

9-12 hours stretched over the weekend wouldn't be that crazy I think, I mean sure it's still a lot of gaming but 4.5-6 h a day for two days wouldn't be too grueling, especially not if I'm actually enjoying the game ^^

Zomba13

Not sure if I'm entering the code right. I'm logged in on the Tera EU site, I go to my account and then hit the Enter Code button, paste the code in but it keeps telling me it's invalid :(

Corky

Oi...what on earth is up with the download manager, suddenly it jumped from my isps max 1.5 ish mb/s to 35 mb/s :I and stayed there

Corky

Finished downloading and is now installing?

oh, it had a mb/s speed for the installation as well? That explains it... no super broadband for me :[

Also how does one enable AA in the game? I just glanced over the video settings but didn't see AA mentioned anywhere.

oh, it had a mb/s speed for the installation as well? That explains it... no super broadband for me :[

Also how does one enable AA in the game? I just glanced over the video settings but didn't see AA mentioned anywhere.

There wasn't an option in the Korean client either. I was pretty sure En Masse said this was being added for the NA release though.

Either way, forcing it through the AMD/Nvidia drivers works like a charm.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
http://www.gamona.de/games/tera,1.000-beta-keys-fuer-sneak-peek-zu-vergeben:key,2051740.html

german site that is still giving out codes.
You have to be registered tho.

Actually had to reset my psw at the tera page since it said my email was already in use when I tried to crate a account and would not let me log in because I registered my email for the beta a while ago which didnt even require a pasword...

Thanks! I got a key from here but having trouble signing up. It's stuck at Submitting...

This is through the MMOZone site posted earlier.

aknbad30

Banned
german site that is still giving out codes.
You have to be registered tho.

Actually had to reset my psw at the tera page since it said my email was already in use when I tried to crate a account and would not let me log in because I registered my email for the beta a while ago which didnt even require a pasword...

There's a couple of NSFW images in the url.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Cool! I got in.

Since I'm Canada I needed to sign up with the EU website. I only needed a proxy to get past the first redirect. After I was already at the page I was able to shut it off and sign up normally.

Downloading now!

Top Bottom