• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
How long does it take for that German site to send out the key?

I got it pretty much right away.

I assume everyone will be playing as a female?

Not me, I've never been able to play as a female in MMOs or most RPGs for that matter. Games like Tomb Raider I'm fine with though.

got the Euro client downloaded and patched..

it is probably my connection here at work.. I can't connect to a server.

I'll just have to wait until I get home.

OTIX

Also got a key from the german site, thanks for the link. 4mB/s not bad.

EU version is Pegi-12 though, has it been further censored beyond just the Elins?

luffeN

I did and it was a blast. They game plays just like an action game for all classes. Healing with a controller was particularly easy.

The only small problem with it was the quest windows. On a quest window the mouse cursor will come out and you can move it with the controller. That way you can scroll the text window and accept/decline quests. For some, the cursor speed was too fast but for me it was ok. Still, navigating the quests screens with the controller should have been made easier.
Thx for the reply. Can you still use the mouse for the quest windows or is it "disabled" when you play with the controller?

Izayoi

Banned
Oh I know. Some of the later instances put you up against 40+ mobs at once. Add in some AoEs with unlimited targets and you've got quite a few sounds.

Also got a key from the german site, thanks for the link. 4mB/s not bad.

EU version is Pegi-12 though, has it been further censored beyond just the Elins?
Less strict rating system? Maybe they didn't see the later parts of the game...

Thx for the reply. Can you still use the mouse for the quest windows or is it "disabled" when you play with the controller?
When using a controller, the mouse is not disabled, and vice versa. You can mix and match as you choose.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
fuck, I feel myself getting engulfed by hype... I really can't afford to get sucked into an mmo again :'(

halp

Loginius

Less strict rating system? Maybe they didn't see the later parts of the game...

Duno about the rest of europe but here in germany they roll a dice.

Only explicit Violence or sexual content gets 18+ ratings, some skin or mild violence normaly gets a 16+ ratig, duno why its 12+ in this case

Izayoi

Banned
Duno about the rest of europe but here in germany they roll a dice.

Only explicit Violence or sexual content gets 18+ ratings, some skin or mild violence normaly gets a 16+ ratig, duno why its 12+ in this case
The violence is quite explicit. Dunno how that got past the ratings board.

_woLf

How does the game handle massive amounts of players on screen? I know in Aion, the game would chug to an absolute standstill during fortress raids or any kind of large group pvp.

Is there a 64 bit client?

I'm thinking I may play this until GW2 comes out, if I like the US beta next week.

Izayoi

Banned
This game is sounding way too good to me for there to not be some massive problem. What are the negatives of this game?
There are some minor annoyances but no real glaring flaws. In Korea the lack of grinding is considered a negative apparently, but that doesn't really bother me.

Corky

There are some minor annoyances but no real glaring flaws. In Korea the lack of grinding is considered a negative apparently, but that doesn't really bother me.

How's the grinding compared to WoW ( my only point of reference )

Izayoi

Banned
How does the game handle massive amounts of players on screen? I know in Aion, the game would chug to an absolute standstill during fortress raids or any kind of large group pvp.

Is there a 64 bit client?

I'm thinking I may play this until GW2 comes out, if I like the US beta next week.
It's handles tons of NPCs with no problem. Haven't been in a mass PvP situation yet but if it performs like PvE then there's nothing to worry about. You won't see anything on the scale of fortress raids though, I don't think.

No 64-bit client, but you can just use LAA.

How's the grinding compared to WoW ( my only point of reference )
Well apparently grinding in WoW now is nonexistent? I haven't played since vanilla, where the grind was fucking awful, and it's definitely nothing like that.

Corky

Well apparently grinding in WoW now is nonexistent? I haven't played since vanilla, where the grind was fucking awful, and it's definitely nothing like that.

I only played vanilla religiously so nice to hear that it's not like that :), after killing the same mobs for a week I wanted to jump out a fucking window.

vivin

Kinda sad I cant use any files from the korean client, this 20gig+ download is going to kill my cap >_<

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Do we know what time the servers are supposed to be up?

I happen to have a spare key for the EU sneak weekend tomorrow so I'll go with what seems to be the common practice here, whoever quotes this post will get a PM! :)

Top Bottom