• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrace House Aloha State on Netflix |OT| Sea, no Sex, and Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say, the Japanese Boys & Girls in the City ending song was the best one of any of them that I've seen. "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol. Makes me feel nostalgic

Kurita

It really is a shame that the international version of the show has to use stock (well, maybe they did them just for that) music, cause the licensed songs they used in the background are often ace (well, for the last seasons especially, Aloha State's BGM is pretty weak).
Like, they used some Suchmos, Wanima, indigo la End, Monoeyes, Awesome City Club, ent... and it often worked pretty well with the action.

It really is a shame that the overseas version of the show has to use different music, cause the licensed songs they use in the background are often ace.

Yeah, I found it kind of funny that the Japanese version picked better songs than the US version, despite both primarily using english speaking artists and songs

I actually really, really like the theme of the international version. "Slow Down" by Matthew Heath is so good.

But yeah, Anna sucks. She's definitely the least pretty of the three.

I swear I am so back and forth on Lauren. I started out liking her the most of the cast, but then seeing her interact more with people and handling the whole Yusuke thing turned me off on her a lot. It wasn't really anything to do with the Yusuke thing specifically but how she interacted with others about it made her seem very selfish and just spoiled? I can't think of a better word for it. Like how she handled the whole Thanksgiving and Naomi thing. But now with her and Taishi and seeing her struggle and be embarrassed she has seemed more endearing.

parasight

That weird bootleg version of Telephone had me rolling. Part Two was definitely more interesting that Part One. It was nice to see Lauren all flustered like that. Reminded you that she's still just an 18 year old girl.

Nibel

Ate those new episodes up like it was nothing
Really wished they could give us the old episodes of the first season with subs

I personally think Lauren is more attractive than Anna and it's probably the majority opinion but everyone has a different opinion of who they think is more attractive and its not a big deal anyway.

RedAssedApe

Banned
why is this new guy crying over other guy leaving. he's like been a cast member for like a day lol its not like he's han-san

Snagret

Man, Lauren's art fucking rules.
Sad to see her go, she was always interesting to watch and the bits where the hosts would make fun of her were always amazing.

Ate those new episodes up like it was nothing
Really wished they could give us the old episodes of the first season with subs
I would seriously pay pretty decent money for a subtitled version of the earlier episodes.

chefbags

why is this new guy crying over other guy leaving. he's like been a cast member for like a day lol its not like he's han-san

LOL yeah we thought this too. I was like dude, it's literally been a day. Unless his acting skills came in at the wrong time haha.

PixelatedBookake

Avian is the best girl so far this season anyways :)

Buying a
Yeezy jacket
for Yuya put her in like, the top coolest Terrace House members. Especially since
she got a shitty present afterwards and didn't lose her shit over Yuya forgetting is pretty up there too.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Buying a
Yeezy jacket
for Yuya put her in like, the top coolest Terrace House members. Especially since
she got a shitty present afterwards and didn't lose her shit over Yuya forgetting is pretty up there too.

Mature. Dimples. Sporty but not a total tomboy. Hilarious when Yuya says (episode 5 spoilers)
you'd be a good mom
on their date lol

Yuya is a weird.
He keeps saying he likes her but his actions seem to speak otherwise with the whole hot and cold thing. The discussion they got into with Anna about "what is a relationship" was strange. ..that's like something you normally say if you want to keep your options open. Most girls interested in commitment would probably be like wtf. Then again Avian seems ok with it and technically only been a couple months.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kind of happy that Lauren got
Yusuke-ed
. Her arc ended up being similar to his. haha

Anna is pretty annoying and there's been nothing interesting shown about her so far.
Hope Taishi drops his interest in her and goes after whatever new girl shows up for Part 3. If only Lauren know huh?

Fritz

Lauren didn't click with me. She seems to be one of those insecure girls that just turns to soul consuming perfectionism to function.

parasight

Finished Part 3, and all I have to say is I'm really looking forward to Part 4. Episode 8 was probably the best of the season.

Kurita

Not posting pictures/spoiling but damn, part 4 introduces the hottest girl in Terrace House history LOL (just my opinion)

Lol why is Taishi always crying.

Taishi is the fucking worst. I thought he seemed chill when he first came on, but after his rant towards Yuya I couldn't stand him.

"You're wasting your time, you should ask me questions to advance your career!"

:proceeds to focus 100 % of his time to getting girls and nothing to advance his career:

sphagnum

Banned
Taishi is the fucking worst. I thought he seemed chill when he first came on, but after his rant towards Yuya I couldn't stand him.

"You're wasting your time, you should ask me questions to advance your career!"

:proceeds to focus 100 % of his time to getting girls and nothing to advance his career:

Sometimes he plays guilty samurai!

PixelatedBookake

"you're gonna get even darker"

smh...lol

interesting. the two mixed girls that just showed up in part3 are already pretty hot. i guess i'll need to wait and see. lol

Same. I was excited to see Part 3 Episode 6:
A REAL BLACK MAN living in the house
because it has low-key been a fantasy of mine and I'm happy to see
someone that is like me in the house now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just finished binge watching the last part. That ending! Whaaaa! Outta nowhere!

Ah man I can't wait for the next part!

Yeah that was unexpected. There was nothing leading up to that that made me think anything other than
guy totally just friend zoned himself
Also glad that
Anna
is finally leaving the show. She's been dead weight for awhile.

Loved how straightforward Cheri was towards Taishi. Circumstances were different but reminded me of the incident from the end of boys and girls in the city. Made for a hilarious scene and interesting how the guys reacted to the conversation versus the girls.

Ugh...When is part 4? Is the show over in Japan?

So I'm finally getting around to watching this. i didn't expect any of the dudes to be as cool as Armin was but dang. I'm just at the start of episode 4 but these guys are jerks. Why didn't they just group hug? WHY DIDNT THEY JUST GROUP HUG INSTEAD OF MAKING IT AWKWARD?!

Edit: Yusuke's cool. Ain't got no problems with him. I do agree with the host saying it seems like they just using him. Yuya need to chill out. Telling people Yusuke's a virgin and shit.

Only two eps into part 3 and I'm finally being validated for how much I've disliked Anna. I feel like Yuya and Avian are already checked out of the house and will only last another ep or two.

So I'm finally getting around to watching this. i didn't expect any of the dudes to be as cool as Armin was but dang. I'm just at the start of episode 4 but these guys are jerks. Why didn't they just group hug? WHY DIDNT THEY JUST GROUP HUG INSTEAD OF MAKING IT AWKWARD?!

The first part is rough compared to part two and three. Once some people start swapping out it gets sooo much better.

The first part is rough compared to part two and three. Once some people start swapping out it gets sooo much better.
I was hoping it would get better. I mean I don't hate it right now but I feel like it's missing something. Thanks for letting me know though. Now I know for sure I'm heading down another long path of Terrace house!

I was hoping it would get better. I mean I don't hate it right now but I feel like it's missing something. Thanks for letting me know though. Now I know for sure I'm heading down another long path of Terrace house!

Trust me, i was in the exact same boat. Hated Eric, thought Lauren seemed distant and selfish, Yusuke was hard to watch, Naomi was sort of just weird, Avian was cool but hard to gauge and Yuya was just kind of there.

Still ended up hating Eric, but other than that I ended up either coming around on people or stuff changed.

Only two eps into part 3 and I'm finally being validated for how much I've disliked Anna.
Yeah, Anna is the worst. Like, she flat out tells Taishi that she isn't interested, but then she completely impedes any possible relationship between Taishi and Niki.

When she brought out the apron and was like, "Taishi gave me this," I was so pissed.

BaasRed

Banned
Yeah, Anna is the worst. Like, she flat out tells Taishi that she isn't interested, but then she completely impedes any possible relationship between Taishi and Niki.

When she brought out the apron and was like, "Taishi gave me this," I was so pissed.

I still don't understand why she did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom