• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria (PS3/360) |OT| Who needs a mouse anyway?

Philia

Trying for the modified Megashark made me broke. I got the Unreal, but -14 speed. I wasn't satisfied. So I rolled the dice with my last plat. I ended with a sighted Megashark: +22 damage, +3 crit, +15 knockback.. Not what I wanted, but holy crap at +22 damage.

Um... negative speed is good. It makes it faster, plus speed would make it slower believe it or not. Yes, this game got speed variable backwards.

Anyway, came in here to rant that this damn boss wouldn't show up after I summoned him. Wasting 15 souls of night, 30 bones, 6 lens, 29 souls of light, 30 copper and iron and 20 adamantite. WHAT A WASTE. :\

balddemon

Banned
edit: ^no you want a positive speed, it raises the firing rate I believe. ie. lethargic is -15% speed, so it fires 15% slower.

Well, it wasn't announced yet. But it's coming soon. Probably before the end of the week.

It's funny, there's only a handful of games I play anymore, and yet I can see them all occupying my time for most of the immediate future. Terraria, Starbound and Guild Wars 2 are all coming out / getting updates soon. Bye bye, sleep.
yeah yeah I know. we better get some sick preorder bonuses.
Trying for the modified Megashark made me broke. I got the Unreal, but -14 speed. I wasn't satisfied. So I rolled the dice with my last plat. I ended with a sighted Megashark: +22 damage, +3 crit, +15 knockback.. Not what I wanted, but holy crap at +22 damage.
are you sure it's 22 and not 22%? either way thats pretty good. but unreal should be all positives. I don't know if they changed they values on the console or randomized them or something, but according to the wiki:

spoilers: this is a list of all the ranged prefixes: http://i.imgur.com/yjl2PbH.png

Seanspeed

Banned
Um... negative speed is good. It makes it faster, plus speed would make it slower believe it or not. Yes, this game got speed variable backwards.

That would explain how one of my Slow Gold Pixaxes had +14% speed or something. Thats weird.

I finally beat Eye of Cthulu. I got 10 health finally, built an arena, and bought 200 shurikens. I actually ended up using all of them and nearly died trying to finish the fight with melee, but I did it! Barely.

Crafted a Light's Bane sword and still have 10 demonite bars leftover. Should I make that axe or should I save the bars for later?

balddemon

Banned
That would explain how one of my Slow Gold Pixaxes had +14% speed or something. Thats weird.

I finally beat Eye of Cthulu. I got 10 health finally, built an arena, and bought 200 shurikens. I actually ended up using all of them and nearly died trying to finish the fight with melee, but I did it! Barely.

Crafted a Light's Bane sword and still have 10 demonite bars leftover. Should I make that axe or should I save the bars for later?

if you've got the pickaxe already, and the armor, go ahead. I can't think of anything else good that requires demonite bars. maybe the bow.

Philia

Well, for some reason Ocram isn't showing up despite of the "Ocram has been summoned!" message showing. I don't get it. I've wasted two Suspicious Skulls on this fucker and he'd not show up! This is turning me off completely.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, for some reason Ocram isn't showing up despite of the "Ocram has been summoned!" message showing. I don't get it. I've wasted two Suspicious Skulls on this fucker and he'd not show up! This is turning me off completely.

Always manually save and then turn off autosaving before using a Suspicious Skull. Those things are so hard to craft that it's better to be safe than sorry, just in case something goes wrong.

Neverfade

Anyone on 360 have an extra cross necklace they'd be interested in trading? I have a few of the other Mimic drops for example. Putting the feelers out there!

MrDaravon

Dashboarding doesn't work, it still saved somehow :( Best bet is to turn autosaves off I guess.

Does anyone know if the Twins always just completely despawn if you die while fighting them? It's happened to me twice, almost had them dead the second time :/. Honestly I think I'm just going to break from the game for a while; I've spent the last 5-6 days doing almost nothing but grinding for shit to summon frustrating bosses that require me to build arenas, bridges, and other stupid shit just to break them, and then even when I'm successful I see how many times I'm going to have to grind to get the items to summon them to get all of the stuff I need (especially for that last boss) that it just kills any desire I have to play.

Basically I just really dislike the super grindy/annoying endgame here.

Edit: Fuck it, going down to just mine Hellstone bricks and cheesing the bosses.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Damn, I'm going to have to check this autosave feature when I get home. Turning that off would be real handy. I don't mind splurging on potions and stuff if I actually beat a boss, but I'm conservative when I know they're lost either way. I try and make do with the bare minimum.

Beat my first boss today! The Eye of Cthulhu, I was actually hanging around the dungeon entrance waiting to take on the skeleton and this guy popped up. Atferwards I explored far enough to the left to find the corrupted area, so I'll explore that next.

Beat my first boss today! The Eye of Cthulhu, I was actually hanging around the dungeon entrance waiting to take on the skeleton and this guy popped up. Atferwards I explored far enough to the left to find the corrupted area, so I'll explore that next.

Nice! What does a corrupted area look like? I'm playing on a small map and I don't know if I have came across that yet or not.

It's purple- purple grass and purple tree tops, plus there are a lot of flying enemies that attack you, so it can be quite tough if you're really low level.

anddo0

Back for Seconds
You have defeated all the prime bosses twice.

I'm guessing this is glitched. I beat every boss in the game 3x times.

Also, screw the final boss. His drops are very disappointing. I doubt I'll grind this.

MrDaravon

Also, screw the final boss. His drops are very disappointing. I doubt I'll grind this.

Yeah, boss achievements are weird, I saw some people on 360achievements saying they had 30+ kills on all of the bosses on the leaderboards but it wasn't popping, no idea. I'm pretty sure you do have to be online though, I'm thinking it may not count in offline mode.

Retro

Ok, thanks! Am I suppose to do anything with a corrupted area?

Yep; there's a boss that spawns within the corruption after you do something specific three times (there are in-game cues to tell you exactly what). There's also Deathweed to harvest (seeds can be obtained if you wait for a blood moon to harvest), Demon Altars to craft at (mostly to craft boss-summoning items but also a specific weapon). Demonite can also be found in small deposits (and since it glows, you don't need to spend a lot of time looking).

Otherwise, it's mostly just a hazardous area to pave over when you've completed it.

Not sure but there are some deep chasms you can explore and there are some unique items.

Yep; there's a boss that spawns within the corruption after you do something specific three times (there are in-game cues to tell you exactly what). There's also Deathweed to harvest (seeds can be obtained if you wait for a blood moon to harvest), Demon Altars to craft at (mostly to craft boss-summoning items but also a specific weapon). Demonite can also be found in small deposits (and since it glows, you don't need to spend a lot of time looking).

Otherwise, it's mostly just a hazardous area to pave over when you've completed it.

Alrighty, thank you guys.

Dan

I did a Hellevator and that didn't pop for me. Unless there's some bizarre trick, but I dropped down a 3 block wide hole from the surface to where the buildings appear in The Underground, but nothing.

Nerix

That sucks. I thought 505 Games said they were in cert and were very close to release?
Yeah, they are saying that since weeks...

My guess is, that SCEE and SCEA have a different quality approval process. Terraria on PS3 has tons of bugs, so probably SCEE said 505 Games has to fix them before release and SCEA didn´t notice them and Terraria got released (with the US users as Beta testers).

So actually SCEE is doing a better job (if that guess is correct), but that really doesn´t help when you are waiting for a game. TBH, I would prefer a game with bugs getting fixed later, than not be able to play the game at all (if there are no gamebreaking bugs).

Anyway, Sony should merge their PSN approval process, so that all gamers get the same quality at the same time.

Yeah, they are saying that since weeks...

My guess is, that SCEE and SCEA have a different quality approval process. Terraria on PS3 has tons of bugs, so probably SCEE said 505 Games has to fix them before release and SCEA didn´t notice them and Terraria got released (with the US users as Beta testers).

So actually SCEE is doing a better job (if that guess is correct), but that really doesn´t help when you are waiting for a game. TBH, I would prefer a game with bugs getting fixed later, than not be able to play the game at all (if there are no gamebreaking bugs).

Anyway, Sony should merge there PSN approval process, so that all gamers get the same quality at the same time.

I was thinking that too. Probably waiting for all the major bugs that were found with the NA version to be fix first before releasing it in the EU.

Paskil

I downloaded the demo on PS3 and played through the tutorial. I'll wait for it on Vita and buy it then if I'm not otherwise engaged. It's really going to depend what's going on with Starbound for me.

Yes but the hammer and pickaxe require shadow scales in addition to demonite ore. You can only get those by battling one of the bosses.

Oh ok, thank you for the information.

Any word on a patch?

I haven't heard anything recently. :( You can try asking them on Twitter, https://twitter.com/505_Games I tried but they haven't replied. :/

Was thinking of getting this. Loved the PC version.

How well does it control? How does multiplayer work?

I think it controls great. I prefer the controller controls. I don't know how it plays in multiplayer since no one on my list has it.

ShogunX

For some reason Iron gear isn't showing up in my crafting options. I have an Iron Anvil, have mined Iron ore and have made Iron bars but nothing shows up.

I currently have better gear than Iron but wanted to make a grappling hook but again nothing is showing up (think I need to craft iron bars).

Have I done something wrong or do I need a certain event to happen?

For the record I have defeated Cthulu.

balddemon

Banned
For some reason Iron gear isn't showing up in my crafting options. I have an Iron Anvil, have mined Iron ore and have made Iron bars but nothing shows up.

I currently have better gear than Iron but wanted to make a grappling hook but again nothing is showing up (think I need to craft iron bars).

I remember people talking about a glitch to show all or whatever. also, if it's like crafting different types of walls, you go scroll to the side to get different types. armor could be the same way?

harrytang

a lot of times for me you have to take the materials you know work, drop them and pick them up again. this solves it most of the time for me. also try hitting x a bunch in the crafting menu.

ShogunX

I remember people talking about a glitch to show all or whatever. also, if it's like crafting different types of walls, you go scroll to the side to get different types. armor could be the same way?

a lot of times for me you have to take the materials you know work, drop them and pick them up again. this solves it most of the time for me. also try hitting x a bunch in the crafting menu.

Mined some more Iron ore, created an iron block and then hit X a few times and the Iron gear has shown up. Thanks guys.

Wow. Jesus. How the hell can you guys stand the controls in this game? Maybe it's just me, but I cannot fucking do ANYTHING in the 360 version.

Wow. Jesus. How the hell can you guys stand the controls in this game? Maybe it's just me, but I cannot fucking do ANYTHING in the 360 version.

Are you using the precision controls? Click R3 to switch between between that and the regular mode, I use the precision controls about 95% of the time.

...Oh. Yeah, I was wondering how to change it. The white ball thing indicating where I'm aiming and the yellow indicator block telling me where it's going to be placing a block never correlate. They're always separated and and it's infuriating.

Seanspeed

Banned
...Oh. Yeah, I was wondering how to change it. The white ball thing indicating where I'm aiming and the yellow indicator block telling me where it's going to be placing a block never correlate. They're always separated and and it's infuriating.

You just gotta get used to switching back and forth depending on the situation. Once you get it, it works quite well.

Dan

Geez, all the end game armor and weapons require a ton of farming. You need craploads of the boss summoning devices, both to farm those bosses and to build the ultimate boss summoner, which you need to farm even more. Kinda ridiculous. I want to keep playing, but if it's just farming for armor and weapons that don't really help me do anything further, it's less fun.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Geez, all the end game armor and weapons require a ton of farming. You need craploads of the boss summoning devices, both to farm those bosses and to build the ultimate boss summoner, which you need to farm even more. Kinda ridiculous. I want to keep playing, but if it's just farming for armor and weapons that don't really help me do anything further, it's less fun.

Yeah, I've stopped playing as well for basically the same reason. I've beaten Ocram, so as far as I'm concerned I've beaten the game. It actually didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. Still, it's nice knowing that it's always there to go back to if I feel like it, and I'll always be able to find something to do.

awww yeah!

Great news everyone! The bug fix patch has been approved by SCEA and will be pushed out as soon as they can get it out (less than 24 hours). I won't list everything because the list is pretty huge, but the key fixes are:

Improved network stability that should resolve several multiplayer issues where players would not be able to connect or would encounter other issues such as crashes and the game not functioning properly during multiplayer.
Time of day is now saved when exiting a game.
Fixed Magic Missile crash/kick issue.
Fixed that a local world could sometimes be overwritten by another player’s online world.
Fix for clay pot placement issue.
Fix for Vilethorn thorn glitch.
Improved controls when in a shop user interface.
Improved hellforge positioning.
Tweaked analog stick dead zones.
Fixed crash when quitting the game with inventory on screen.
AND MANY MORE!

PLEASE READ: if you do not see a particular bug that you are experiencing and have reported to us, do not panic. This is the first patch to fix the critical issues along with whatever we could quickly fit in to get you all digging. There are other issues on our list that we continue to actively correct and will let you know their status in the near future.
Thanks for being patient!
Get digging!

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/1d1heg/ps3_scea_bug_fix_patch_approved_and_will_be/

EDIT: It's out now! 1.02. 48MB

Top Bottom