• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorist attack: Driver runs over Muslim pedestrians leaving Mosque in London

Permanently A

Misguided revenge attack? How is this not a terrorist attack?

It appears that way given the videos on Twitter. Suspect arrested, will probably spout the hate and reasoning by the morning.

You can't really call it misguided. It'll be calculated targetted attack... on innocent people. The definition of a terrorist attack.

Its a terrorist attack, by misguided I mean... this is not a healthy response to the earlier attacks

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Today was the 1 year anniversary of the murder of Jo Cox - which was a politically motivated killing, it was a terrorist attack on her and her community.

The right wing fuck who killed her? - "Oh, he had obvious mental issues"
23895409446_51b264e561_o.png
Cunts

Rush_Khan

So I guess it's not safe to go through the Victoria or Piccadilly line in the morning? I go through Finsbury Park every day.

So I guess it's not safe to go through the Victoria or Piccadilly line in the morning? I go through Finsbury Park every day.

Given the culprit was apparently caught quickly, it'll likely be safe, just may also have a noticeable bump in police presence at points.

Dopus

Banned
What they saying about the incident. I'm in a cab right now

A guy talking about how London is "under attack" and there are "no go zones" that we need to "send in the SAS to clear them out". Not talking about the incident, talking about "Radical Islamic Terrorists." Pathetic.

Seemed genuinely unhinged.

They're really trying to ignore the mosque angle, keep mentioning the stabbing attack too.

Indeed.

DBT85

Unless you're the guy that did this, you'll be fine.

Might have been drunk, might have been an accident, might have been racist, might have been a racist drunk accident, might have been a deliberate terrorist attack that he needed to get drunk for. We don't know.

Owzers

Still not sure what happened but fox is blinking, hatred on all sides, around one religion, might not be what we think it is, etc.

Regginator

Yes, lets jump to conclusions and brand him as terrorist before we know fuck happened.

I'm sorry, kinda emotional right now, fucking fuming. I've edited in a more neutral stance.

Edit: And since it's now being treated as a terrorist attack, I've gladly re-edited it into terrorist again.

f0rk

Why isn't there LIVE coverage of this on BBC or Sky?
Because it's the middle of the night and they can't confirm anything besides a police statement. Sorry that standard journolistic practices don't live up to your need for constant unconfirmed updates every 5 seconds.

Borough Market they randomly had an employee on the bridge and her statement was all they ran for at least an hour.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's not just you. As if we don't get enough Trump on here already. It's hard to even remember what GAF used to look like at this point.

It isn't GAF's fault that Trump was elected.

This is the world we live in. And considering the anti-Muslim rhetoric that Trump uses, it completely makes sense that his name would come up at some point.

DBT85

That is not what happened with the last few attacks in the UK.

Bit easier to say "its terrorism" when 3 dudes drive a van into a crowd and then run around stabbing people.

Literally all we know so far is that a van drove into a crowd outside a mosque and that the driver was detained by those in the area until the police arrived and arrested him.

It probably was a calculated attack. But we don't know.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy shit .. I pulled up a live news stream on youtube to watch info .. the first live comment rolling down the page was "Death to Islam" followed shortly by "Death to Christianity"

What the fuck is wrong with youtube commentators ..

Top Bottom