• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tesla Cybertruck finalized reveal, 0-60 demonstration

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ZCb9MGG.jpg

$61k/$80k/$100k before federal tax credit.

CYm7EiS.png

W25gQmP.png

LpaeMgr.png

qof0SEh.png

I saw one in person last week. It's huge and impressive.

Production line:

GAMvgHKWgAAfZRP

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
I love the design from 3 out of 4 angles. Huge jump in price since the preorder site went up like what, 4 years ago now? I think the lowest tier back when that website dropped was around 34k.

I'd love to get one someday but vehicles are one thing I will never spend absurd money on. I don't think there's a worse investment out there than a brand new car.

If I had enough money to just not give a shit though, I'd get one.

ahtlas7

I was an early adopter on the MX. Cybertruck looks bad ass but others can help Musk sort out the birthing pains involved in these cutting edge vehicles this time. But, damn I want this for no practical purpose.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeah....

I think I'll wait for an electric M Series from the Bavarians, if it's all the same to you, Elon.

Paltheos

There's a part of me that can't believe this thing is real. I'm interested in seeing exactly how the market will react to it. Will it be a Homer Simpson car? Middle of the road results? Surprise megahit?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The design should have had some curves on the sides and back. Not a fan of the full blocky design. Impressive power though.

LordOfChaos

Range extender takes 1/3rd of the bed and adds up to 130 miles. I wonder if that's even user removable because that's gotta be 500+ pounds

Holy fook, this thing is faster than a MV Agusta brutale 1000RR/RS (3.4 sec), a Ducati Diavel 1260 (2.89 sec), a Streetfighter V4 (3.14 sec), a BMW S1000RR (2.89 sec) and they're fucking motorcycles...
Plus, this thing weighs 3 tons (2948 KG to be exact).

How ?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I dont understand why it has to be so ugly.
It's like somebody released a puke colored car on the roads, it's going to hurt our eyes for years.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
For the record, I’d like to remind anyone who cares that I said no way in hell it has a 15,000 pound (or was it more??) towing capacity when they first announced like 4 years ago, and lo, it’s right in line with my Ram 1500. Which I can fill up in 5 minutes for $2.90/gallon. And doesn’t look stupid.

I guess if you want to go camping within 150 miles of home it’s the product for you 🫡

-Minsc-

For the record, I’d like to remind anyone who cares that I said no way in hell it has a 15,000 pound (or was it more??) towing capacity when they first announced like 4 years ago, and lo, it’s right in line with my Ram 1500. Which I can fill up in 5 minutes for $2.90/gallon. And doesn’t look stupid.

I guess if you want to go camping within 150 miles of home it’s the product for you 🫡
I'm all for the production of electric vehicles. It's just going to take annoying time for all the rich kids to blow through their play money to get there.

Dural

So the one I originally put the reservation in for is now $30,000 more, no thanks. Sucks, I was really hyped for it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I'm all for the production of electric vehicles. It's just going to take annoying time for all the rich kids to blow through their play money to get there.
That’s where I’m at- I’d love an electric truck with the range I’d want for doing truck things. But it’s not there yet. If you’re towing, those range numbers drop to nothing. Well why have a truck? I dunno, to…tow and haul things…?

When the charging network and battery capacities are there, I’ll be buying an electric truck, but it ain’t today

The only negative I can think of is the attention early adopters will get. But the thing is bullet proof so what's the worst that could happen?

Last edited:
Top Bottom