• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tex Murphy: Project Fedora Kickstarter project [Ended, $611K funded]

Wiktor

Me today:
131665149943.gif

Under a Killing Moon. Such good memories of this game.

The third CD-ROM game my father bought me, after Rebel Assault and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Being 13 and playing this game in 94 was such an amazing experience. Even then I could see and feel all the cheese and camp, but it was glorious.

I'm quite eager to see an older, more experienced and jaded Tex Murphy. Filled to the brim with cheese, of course.

It will be interesting to see what a HD FMV game looks like.
I still haven't played any of the Tex Murphy games. I really should play them before their kickstarter campaign starts.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
YEESSSSSS

That's a while to wait though, feel warm inside nonetheless.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I love how he's reading the current issue of people, even though it looks like a 1999 fmv. Just to prove its real, ha.

2d5e5bc7.jpg

Digoman

Crap. I have no idea if it is feasible to do one of these games on a kickstarter budget, what the chances of being good, etc, and I'm trying to be cautious with this wave of projects.

Doesn't matter. They got my money. For Tex!

mclem

It's crossed my mind that I've not really got any idea what sort of cost FMV has these days because, well, no-one really does it any more. I'm assuming HD cranks the cost up but I'd also imagine that using actual actors drops it right down (even if the sets are - presumably - virtual). It's a damn sight easier to animate a person, and you get the lipsync for free!

I'd guess that they'll go for a figure somewhere between DFA and Wasteland. My gut's saying 750k.

(Also, one - probably high - tier *has* to come with a fedora)

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I'm stunned..absolutely stunned..its like a Renaissance of Classic PC gaming.
I'm in. all the way! Simply fantastic.

Top Bottom