• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TF2 Gun Mettle Update - CSGO style Skins for TF2 weapons and new maps

They fixed YEW/Wangya exploit, but did they fix being able to pick up the intelligence, then a sticky/rocket jumper without losing the intelligence? Or the ability to alt-fire the Short Circuit while helpless?

Blizzard

Banned
Currently, there's less than 125 of the Gun Mettle cases on the market, and they're going for 8 or 9 bucks so if you're lucky enough to get one as a drop (anecdotally, I think it was like 1 out of 5 or 6 of us over in the TF2 thread dropped one) you can make your money back no problem. It's only been a week, it's definitely not "too late" to start. Hop on in!
I thought the same thing when I had one of only like, 20-30 cases on the market, but people were rapidly tanking the price at that moment where I only sold for maybe $5 or $6 to my Steam wallet. That was still enough with other sales to make back the operation price, but I didn't know if prices would go back up or not.

Oreoleo

I thought the same thing when I had one of only like, 20-30 cases on the market, but people were rapidly tanking the price at that moment where I only sold for maybe $5 or $6 to my Steam wallet. That was still enough with other sales to make back the operation price, but I didn't know if prices would go back up or not.

Oh, I forgot you got one too. 2 out of 6 people is pretty decent odds all things considered.

You can probably expect the prices to drop like that every week for a few days as everyone rushes to finish their contracts as soon as they go up.

and you can't be aggressive with multiple dr's in a short period of time since your health goes down so quickly.

Good.

Nothing was more annoying than having to "kill" the same Spy over and over because they could camp (or swing by) convenient health and ammo points, even if they were being obvious about it. It's supposed to be a frail class based around being sneaky, not tanking damage over and over.

Yeef

Oh, I forgot you got one too. 2 out of 6 people is pretty decent odds all things considered.
I got one, too, as well, also. Sold it for $7.50 or so.Seemed okay, since a big chunk of the money I had in my steam wallet when i bought the coin was from selling cards during the summer sale.

My blood pressure couldn't take getting the engineer's contract bonus points so I turned it in and got a case – sold for £7! That'll do!

Eila

Currently, there's less than 125 of the Gun Mettle cases on the market, and they're going for 8 or 9 bucks so if you're lucky enough to get one as a drop (anecdotally, I think it was like 1 out of 5 or 6 of us over in the TF2 thread dropped one) you can make your money back no problem. It's only been a week, it's definitely not "too late" to start. Hop on in!

Though I initially thought the bonus points would increase the chance for a rarer drop, I'm thinking it's just for badge points now as well.

You mean this one?

m8o92sd.png

I love you, Valve and the people who pay for TF2 items.

KarmaCow

Wow someone seriously fucked the market on the cases.

Powerhouse said:
Concealed Killer said:

Almost 1/3rd of the original price within hours.

Also I put up a Powerhouse Weapons case on sale on the market and Steam seems to have just eaten it up. It's not in my inventory or on sale. I was hoping to sell it before the market completely crashes on this thing. :(

Zia

Has anyone had issues with selling the new cases on the Market? I listed my case, it disappeared from the Market, is not in my inventory and I was never paid for it.

Oreoleo

Wow someone seriously fucked the market on the cases.

Almost 1/3rd of the original price within hours.

I wouldn't say it was anyone in particular, look at the numbers. Yesterday there were 125 cases on the market. Today it's closer to 600. Supply and demand in action.

-MD-

I've somehow managed to get 7/30 bonus points for a kill contract even though you're supposed to get 10 points a pop.

They're not all 10 points.

I was getting 4/30 for "get 10 points in one life" bonus contract.

Has anyone had issues with selling the new cases on the Market? I listed my case, it disappeared from the Market, is not in my inventory and I was never paid for it.

Yes others are having stuff disappear off the market, there's an issue there. Wait for a fix.

Eila

Well good thing I cashed in on the case yesterday. The purchase is already more than paid for, so anything else I get is a cool bonus.
And we really do need more contracts. Maybe some extra contracts that give shitty common drops.

KarmaCow

I had the same issue and it seemed to resolve itself within a few of hours.

I wouldn't say it was anyone in particular, look at the numbers. Yesterday there were 125 cases on the market. Today it's closer to 600. Supply and demand in action.

It's such a rapid decline though, who are these people undercutting by more than 50%?

Oreoleo

It's such a rapid decline though, who are these people undercutting by more than 50%?

No single person is undercutting by 50%. It's a few hundred people undercutting the previous person by 1 or 2 cents. They go to list a crate and see "Starting at $xx.xx" and list it for a penny less than that so it will sell first, not realizing that it's only one or two crates at that price instead of the dozens that there would be if it were trading cards or regular crates.

So do you only get 1 extra contract today if you already got the 3rd one earlier? My friend got 2 contracts today and he only started this week, and I got 1 but I started when the update came out.

Oreoleo

So do you only get 1 extra contract today if you already got the 3rd one earlier? My friend got 2 contracts today and he only started this week, and I got 1 but I started when the update came out.

That seems to be the case. I got one today after having completed the other 3 earlier in the week.

Blizzard

Banned
I also had a bonus contract get 3/30 early, even though the two options for earning points were 10 and 20 (killing with environmental damage, killing with reflected projectile).

No single person is undercutting by 50%. It's a few hundred people undercutting the previous person by 1 or 2 cents. They go to list a crate and see "Starting at $xx.xx" and list it for a penny less than that so it will sell first, not realizing that it's only one or two crates at that price instead of the dozens that there would be if it were trading cards or regular crates.
This isn't necessarily true. When I got my more expensive weapon drop, they were going for $6.50 or so. A couple of people started selling for $3 or so, causing new people to see the price mentioned by Steam that it's starting at $3 or whatever, and go even lower than that. If people don't check the Steam market page they can just follow huge price cutters.

KarmaCow

I'm pretty sure it's 2 contracts per week. If it's like the earlier Counter-Strike ones, you get one contract when the week resets and another a bit later on.

So did we already get the new contracts with what we thought were bonus contracts over the past week? Today is the rollover day, so I just checked and I still don't have a new contract, but it could be Valve time.

MrNelson

Banned
So did we already get the new contracts with what we thought were bonus contracts over the past week? Today is the rollover day, so I just checked and I still don't have a new contract, but it could be Valve time.
Actually, I think they're treating Sunday as rollover day for the contracts, which would explain why we've had 4 contracts so far.

Shady859

Did my contract #4 and got a Concealed case tonight. I'd already bought a key earlier to open my next dropped case and holy crap I scored...... I wanted a purple or thunderbolt sniper the most out of all the guns but this stunned me so much I forgot to f12 the money shot!

Strange Purple Range Sniper (minimal wear)

Edit: I wish they would just say when contracts come up I kinda want to play more even though I should be asleep I want more drops lol. Every message board is different theories. Oh well I can only go down from here and I looked and at least I capped a screen of case drop and gun drop in game chatter.

Eila

New contract, looted another crate, but now they're only worth 1/3 of what they originally were.
Still, this update keeps on giving easy pocket money.

derFeef

The weapon skins are terrible imo, and now they are worth almost nothing. The collector in me really want's every weapon, but then why - sell it and make a dollar out of it.

Shady859

The weapon skins are terrible imo, and now they are worth almost nothing. The collector in me really want's every weapon, but then why - sell it and make a dollar out of it.

Have to agree that most of them are bad but the top tier case guns look pretty slick in the high conditions. Not really a fan of so many varieties of the same gun it just waters down drops to get people to buy more keys/cases. Personally i've never really cared much more than having a killstreak gun for my main classes and never had any unusual hats etc. I don't bust many crates unless I sold cards or this last time H1Z1 crates.

That purple sniper I got in case is still selling at $119, yesterday one sold for $123. Dumped asap no way that thing is worth more than a Australium Sniper considering how you had to get those weapons.

Gonna have to switch my main to Pyro to offset all these Spy buffs. At least it's super satisfying to light up those spies over and over and over again.

derFeef

Spy contract. Kill me now. WIll be able to pull it through with kills (not is dusguise), but nope, sapping I can't do.

Top Bottom