• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Bloodborne Trailer

Styles

iZGp30WGaWb3C.gif

This looks so fucking badass. I can't.

Sydle

Looks incredible.

I am not good at these games, but I love watching them on Twitch just to admire the monsters and scenery.

The trailer around 0:35-0:46. Could that level take place underwater? If that really is underwater, imagine the terrifying creatures that are lurking in the depths there like horrifying sharks and maybe wide eyed piranhas with huge fangs. Yikes!!

The trailer around 0:35-0:46. Could that level take place underwater? If that really is underwater, imagine the terrifying creatures that are lurking in the depths there like horrifying sharks and maybe wide eyed piranhas with huge fangs. Yikes!!
Definitely not underwater lol.

I really love the sense of scale in this game, everything is so tall, the verticality is crazy. Can't wait to fight those tall enemies @ 1:09 in the trailer!

EDIT: Holy shit, I think we just got confirmation of day/night cycle. 0:57-0:59 you can see the sun rays coming through the window moving down as if the sun is coming up :O

impact

Banned
I really hope the framerate is solid, because there's no PC version to bail them out this time.

No PC version doesn't stop Demons Souls from being one of the best games ever made and far better than Dark Souls 2 at 4k/60fps (which I did appreciate, <333 Durante)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Shengar

Don't forget the Maiden's voice.

Bloodborne lore connects with all three previous games? Shieet.

Not exactly right. It more like the voice of Maiden in Black returning in different character. The voice actor return to give her voice, but not as Maiden in Black since the game is completely (and should be) unrelated to any game.

And that guy mask, it looks similar to Ingward's because the source of the inspiration probably the same (Plague doctor mask).

Redrop

I think it looks cool, but I am surprised that people are not up in arms over the color palette. Many games get a lot of hate for being brown-grey-black color meshes.

That's not my stance, just an observation.

I see red, orange, yellow, green and blue, along with a shit ton of beautiful neutrals. But for whatever reason many gamers hate neutral tones, I guess.

Anyways, this game. looks. amazing.

I love the look of this game and I will try it out once it is released.
however, I am worried about the clunky looking animation while fighting. Have not played any of the previous games, but the fighting looks very stiff in most of these demon souls games.

Anyone care to comment?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THIS IS TOO MUCH

THIS IS TOO FUCKING MUCH

I DONT KNOW HWAT TOD O ANYMORE

BigDug13

however, I am worried about the clunky looking animation while fighting. Have not played any of the previous games, but the fighting looks very stiff in most of these demon souls games.

Anyone care to comment?

if thread after thread of GAF members gushing over this series aren't enough for you to even rent the game to give it a try, not sure what comments you're looking for that will convince you. Clunky animation isn't one of the main complaints I ever read about this series.

So is this game will be hardcore like Dark Souls? Or more forgiving?

Taking my post from the other thread...

from what I saw in the Dengeki stream, it looked significantly more difficult than Dark Souls 2, even with the regain system. The enemies hit like freight trains. Of course that's all subject to change... it's impossible to tell what the final difficultly will end up being. Though Miyazaki has said that he wants ~Demon's Souls difficulty.

Foffy

Banned
Yaaaas henny.

I'm really amazed at how quickly this game is coming to release. But I guess that's the power of Miyazaki and his team; we learned about Dark Souls only around a year before it released.

gogosox82

Anyone care to comment?

You can probably get demons souls for $10-$15 and same for Dark Souls and if you have a pc, Dark Souls goes down to like $5 at times. Just buy it and give it a shot. At worst, you find out the game isn't for you and you only waste $10 instead of $60.

Taking my post from the other thread...

It's not just that they hit hard, they come in swarms. The person playing on the stream was fighting on some stairs and just got swarmed by a few enemies and they dropped him in 2-3 seconds. That's one difference that the producers have mentioned. You need to fight fast because of how quickly enemies will pounce on you.

Top Bottom