• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bloodborne Remake is in the works

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
If Bloodborne had been a cash cow, you can bet Sony would have locked down a Bloodborne 2 by now.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I think is the most easy prediction ever to make

Bloodborne will get a remake. In the future. Dont know when.

Prophetic

I for one would like to see them make a PREQUEL, having to do with the conflict between the vilebloods and the healing church

Last edited:
Clearly the love online for BB is far stronger than it's actual sales which were equivalent to Days Gone I believe. It's not shocking they're dragging their feet on some kind of remake for it.

This rumor can fuck off. Not getting my hopes up.
Agreed. They waited all these years and just now they think people will actually give a shit anymore? I’m sure some will but most will tell them to piss off. Too little too late imo. Just like the Order 1886 they left to die off after the ending set up for a sequel. Sony has made some pretty stupid decisions themselves with their franchises over the years. They are not perfect like so many love to think. About the only things you can count on from them anymore are remasters of remasters like TLOU series and Horizon. They seem to be obsessed with those two franchises above all else and it shows.

Last edited:
I still don't get why this needs a remake? A light remaster, 4k/60 update a few textures is all it needs end of.... But the focus should be on a sequel, whether direct or indirect.

If I had to guess the remake is being strategically positioned as a launch (window) title for PS6 just like Demon's Souls was for PS5.

That way they can immediately count on From Soft fanatics to buy their new console box during its release window.

And after sales have dried up two or so years later, they'll port it to PC for those who want to double-dip for the definitive Bloodborne experience ™ and for PC-only Souls fans.

Last edited:

Dorago

I just played it on PS5. It looks fine and horrendous load times it had on PS4 are lessened. If they can't get it to play at 120FPS what would the point be?

FeralEcho

My favourite game of all time but at this point I'll believe this when it literally gets announced officially,got my hopes up by this rumor far too many times for nothing...

geary

This is the guys that leaked GoT on PC and Starfield on PS5 in autumn.
Do we choose to believe all his rumors or are we selective?

CJ_75

We seem not to like remakes so why would we want a Bloodborne remake? The game is released in the last generation and perfectly playable on current gen. My vote would be Bloodborne 2 or a completely new IP. Leave Bloodborne as it is, it's (still) fine (in 30fps).

S0ULZB0URNE

From Software making it would be interesting, different to the Demon's Souls remake which was made by Japan Studio (with Bluepoint doing some graphics work).
From isn't doing it.
Maybe a sequel?(with BP would be glorious)
From is working on Spellbound for Sony.

Sentenza

Not going to hold my breath about this one until there's anything official.

And given the way he worded it, even if true it could be 3 years away or worse.

Perrott

Gold Member
This is the guys that leaked GoT on PC and Starfield on PS5 in autumn.
Do we choose to believe all his rumors or are we selective?
The Ghost stuff was circulating everywhere in private channels by late February.

I choose to believe that this so called "insider" just happened to stumble upon the correct Discord servers, saw someone credible mention the Ghost thing, rushed to Twitter to be the first to disclose it, and since then has been regurgitating every single safe or recurrent rumor out there just to see what sticked to the wall:
  • Starfield on PS5? Everyone has been speculating about that, post-business update event.
  • A studio other than Santa Monica working on something God of War related? There's been speculation for months about a series collection of remasters (which for all we know might as well be the remasters Nixxes said they're working on) and of Bluepoint's game being some sort of GOW spin-off.
  • The Last Of Us Part II Remastered on PC in the near future? Duh, that was exactly Naughty Dog's modus operandi with Part I.
  • And now a Bloodborne rumor? Get the fuck out of here.

Last edited:

Duchess

Knowing Sony right now:

Bloodbourne 2 announcement towards end of 2024, for mid-2025 release.
Bloodborne Remastered available as a digital only title.

Both games available in one physical package, as Bloodborne 2 Ultimate Edition, but the first game is included as a download code.

If it’s going to be developed by BluePoint in the same fashion as DeS then I’m not interested, if it’s going to be done by FS then count me in, otherwise it would be more than enough for me if they port it to PC as it is

dotnotbot

If it’s going to be developed by BluePoint in the same fashion as DeS then I’m not interested, if it’s going to be done by FS then count me in, otherwise it would be more than enough for me if they port it to PC as it is

This one will be much easier to translate to higher res without changing art style much. But FS is not going to work on any remake or remaster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom