• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That mini game you played a lot.

risnuff

Neo Member
hX7CpSS.jpg

"Darts: 100 yen. I'll play it once."

That music tho.

Crixus

Not sure if they fall into this category, but WoW's battlegrounds. There have been many months when I subscribed just to play a few Alterac battles every night, and nothing else.

hairygreenpeas

Neo Member
I spent an unhealthy amount of time playing darts and going bowling in Yakuza 0. So much so that at least 85% of a typical 4 hour play time of the game for me would be spent at the bowling alley or challenging NPCs in darts lol. It's addicting!

In FFX, I played a whole lot of Blitzball once I got the hang of it (aka, once I realized it was all just simple math!)

killatopak

I wish some of these mini games turn into full fledged games like gwent did. Even releasing on mobile would be preferred.

Msyjsm

I had more fun with Anaconda than I did TimeSplitters 2 itself.

I dunno if I'd go that far, as I beat the fuck out of that game (all platinum medals in the challenges and beat the game on whatever the hardest difficulty was (it was really fucking hard)), but I also beat all the high scores in the three minigames, so clearly I enjoyed them quite a bit as well. Anaconda was definitely the best, probably my favorite snakelike ever, but Astro Lander was a close second, and a really good Lunar Lander clone. Plus, dat music. (The third minigame was a pretty shitty topdown racer, unfortunately.)

Yeah, Gwent.

Random NPC: "My wife is missing and my son is a werewolf, please help me"

Geralt: "Shut up and get you cards out"

Daeoc

Triple Triad, I'd always go for Lionheart on Disc 1 and get energy crystals through Card Mod, but now after doing this so many times, I decided to just start from a save instead of completely over. So now whenever I replay FFVIII, I start with five hours of playtime, first five card pages(minus PuPu, can't get it until much later), Ifrit, Minimog, and Quistis cards along with two energy crystals(20 Elnoyles) to get Lionheart in Deling City, all before leaving for Dollet, so around 20-30m into the game were you not to go Triple Triad crazy.

Myriadis

maxresdefaultdlsy2.jpg

Millenium Puzzle in Wild Arms 3. You can find about 20 of them on the world map and as soon as I found one I stopped the story right there and tried to solve it.

syncyes

The taxi shit in Yakuza 5 was my JAM. Loved having to turn on my turn signals and stop at stop signs and talk to passengers while driving, lmao.

Ri'Orius

Chocobo Hot & Cold.

Skinner box with juuuust a touch of skill? Yeah, that's how you get someone hooked. And there was some good loot available from the chronographs.

Smasher89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DwQ0Go_xng

Since there was a swedish national Nintendo competition, and yoshi's touch and go was a game during qualifiers, I put all my efforts into that for weeks, never having played a game that much before or after.

Score attack (with 5min self imposed timer, since that could easily be maxed otherwise),

Got I think the second best record during practice in Sweden. 758 was the score if i recall, there is soo much room for optimizing in that little minigame it's insane(but a external timer is neccesary)!

Other then that, i remember the cannon minigame in sm64 ds was alot of fun.

ChrisD

The Mario 64 DS mini games.
They were addicting.

Edit: if you don't mean separate mode. I guess the card game in Digimon World 3

Nothing's coming off the top of my head right now, but holy, if Mario 64 DS counts then that most definitely. Had to have spent 40+ hours in that thing.

Stealth edit: Ah yeah, Monkey Ball as well, for sure! Monkey Target needs to come back as a downloadable.

Decider

The monster arena in Dragon Quest IV was incredibly addictive and killed all of my progress. I ended up not even remembering what I was supposed to be doing beforehand, so I abandoned the game.

Top Bottom