• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That mini game you played a lot.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
another one for Gwent. that game was so much fun. i even bought all the physical decks. i was excited for the standalone version but i just don't enjoy it much. i understand all the changes they need to make it a proper game but i just suck at it. maybe once they add single player to it then i'll go back to it. also, dice poker from Witcher 1.

i've always enjoyed the mini games in the GTA games like darts, bowling (hey cousin!), tennis.

Geometry Wars in PGR2. Perfect arcade game in a perfect racing game.

gw1.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Monkey Target in Super Monkey ball was a fan favorite in college. When I had a ton of friends over they'd all play 4 player then swap around after matches.

Efejota

Can't believe no one posted Kung-Foot! (AKA Kung-Fútbol)

258238-kungfoot.jpg

I stayed with a group of friends up until morning playing this a couple years ago. Left my fingers in pretty bad condition but it was worth it.

Haganeren

In Kirby 64, there is that mini game where you fight other player in a chess like plateform, you can make each case in front of you fall by launching a straight attack... It was a LOT of fun to try to trap your opponent that way.

tumblr_inline_ncw30cLnrO1slx187.png

It was one of my favorite multiplayer game at the time, even more than Mario Kart ! (But less than Smash Bros...)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Triple Triad was awesome because it had a huge full-game encompassing side quest to go with it. Didn't like the FFIX card game just because of the reason that there wasn't anything tied to it. Sure you had that one story instance where you *had* to win a card game tournament, but that was easily doable with purchasing cards from the vendor right at the location.

Also, if breaking the loading screen with sword slashes counts in DMC3 Special Edition, then that. Did a lot of that.

Chastten

Banned
As others have mentioned - mini-games in Pokémon Stadium 2 and Super Mario 64 DS

Also, Super Monkey Target in Super Monkey Ball. Played that far more than the main-game which never really hooked me. Monkey Target was addicting as hell though.

Blitzball. Spent dozens of hours building the ultimate team. Afterwards I started anew and tried to succeed with the shittiest team possible. Good times.
Having said that, after playing the Remaster, I'm not so sure anymore why I liked it that much back then.

There's a billiards minigame in Virtua Tennis 2009 I found addictive and relaxing. 9-Ball I think-- it's been a few years since I've played it. It's slow paced and not timed, gives you all the time you need to think about your next shot.

xviper

Lucky hit from Shenmue 2
6c23ab15b66400c2b83cfa799e71e9aa.jpg

Shenmue 2 mini games alone could be a stand alone game and i would love it to death

Probing planets for mineral deposits in Mass Effect 2. By far the best part of the game (and I enjoyed the rest of the game). If they ever released a smartphone version of it, I'd become the biggest whale ever.
You are a madman.

Me? I could play professional Pazaak at this point!

dkcs1bj.jpg

recently got into playing Triple Triad on Final Fantasy XIV as I've never played the original on one of the earlier FF Game which introduced it. (I'm not sure which one it was).

Please send help I'm addicted

compo

Banned
All I remember from Shenmue is the fork lift driving. Though, I can't remember if I fork lifted so much because I enjoyed it, or because I was forced to.

I've played a lot of blitzball. I was recently playing the remasters and kind of dreading them since I had played so much of it many years back and realized how shallow it is...but somehow I still enjoyed them and right after Luca I just played a ton of games and only moved on when I ran out of money to rehire my players!

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Haven't read the whole 4 pages, but surely someone's mentioned fishing in OOT!

gfs_45584_2_18.jpg

I'd put a note that this came out when I was at College doing like 13 hours a week in lectures and had a weekend job so had a lot of spare time to plough into it. Plus back then I could play games until 3am and get up full of energy the next day ��

Yet I still never caught the huge fish that's supposedly in there (rumoured to be in the marsh bit).

Pull_Shapes

Neo Member
Liars dice in rdr.

My wife, best mate and I each had a copy with 3 tvs in the living room, and we'd rotate the screens so we couldn't see what each other had.

Great game

Dantrist

Pokémon Stadium (2) minigames were the best.
Monkey Target from Super Monkey Ball 1. Still the best version imo.

gamespys-25-most-memorable-gamesbrof-the-past-5-years-20040929040758606.jpg

I never played that, but by the looks of it Zelda: Twilight Princess has a similar minigame.
Falbi's Flight-by-Fowl:
uKFVg9R.gif

But I remember that landing correctly was pretty annoying 'cause you can't see exactly where you will land (can't find a better example than this).
SSPSglJ.gif

Top Bottom