• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That RDR2 Leaked Image Is Actually Wild West Online, PvP MMO for the PC

I understand how terrible it seems, but I can kinda understand. If they initially made the playable characters male they'll need extra resources to make women too. Voice actresses, mo-cap actresses, 3D modelers and animators with experience modeling and animating female models. But hey, that's just my take on it.
So they'd make money out of nothing is they started with female characters and then made men!

Calls up Ubisoft! I got this brand new tech for you

bluexy

Dang. Imagine if they get this out right during the RDR2 frenzy, if RDR2 ends up being console exclusive at launch.They've really thought this stuff through.

Not sure they can get $400,000k through Kickstarter though.

Simo

I mean I'd take whatever Western game devs want to throw at us since I'm a fan and there are far too few Western titles out there but obviously this doesn't benefit me being PC only.

I did think it was funny on GTAForums where a alleged "Rockstar San Diego Developer" was trying to chime in saying how real the images were and they were RDR2 and only looked subpar because the image had been down sampled.....

Who's doing the OT for wild west online?

GlamFM. Thankfully I locked down the RDR2 OT because phew. lol

arcticice

they've just started asking money on Kickstarter and are claiming they will have the game (an MMO) up and running by the end of 2017?

Lol. I don't believe it.jpg

Simo

they've just started asking money on Kickstarter and are claiming they will have the game (an MMO) up and running by the end of 2017?

Lol. I don't believe it.jpg

The PC Gamer article seems to point out they've been developing this already and kickstarter is now being used to secure extra funding for the project.

So it was the devs trying to get excitement for their game pretending it's RDR2?

Maybe? The 2 screens were obviously early shots compared to the ones they've now officially released but the original leaker said "someone" sent them to him and insisted the first image was RDR2. The funny thing is that obviously the "leaked" shots did more advertising for RDR2 without Rockstar having to say anything...which they've been silent on for 7 months now. :-|

Inviusx

There was a second pic with the title of the game (Wild West Online) and what looked like RDR1 screens, bit naughty if they were.

Edit:
IGHDqM4_d.jpg

Actually maybe that is just their game, just got the RDR1 look down.

Yo that's definitely RDR1, hell there's just a straight up shot of John's face.

Hahs

Thank god!

Please, No Marstons unless cameo'd
No sequel..this is the 'Red Dead' franchise
(Revolver, Redemption...?)..

we're not getting a direct sequel..get it out of your minds. It's not an iterative IP from a particular protagonist's perspective. I hate that it's referred to as Red Dead Redemption 2

tkscz

Well, they'd have to pay an artist to work on each and every different variation of female model (could takes hours worth of pay), hire texture artist to work on the female textures that differ from the male textures, same artist would also need to work on clothing of different sizes and textures, hire female voice actors for voice overs and grunts, hire a female actress to do motion capture for the female animation (and unless you want awkward Mass Effect 3 Fem-Shep running animations, you do need to have different animations for female models than male ones). You also have to pay the programmers for the time they'll spend working on the female players.

You can't just take the animations, programming, and models from the male models and convert them to female. They'll just mess up and glitch out. It really bothers me that people assume you can just make models super quick and super easy without cost or time. Really down playing the jobs of animators, programmers and modelers.

There was a second pic with the title of the game (Wild West Online) and what looked like RDR1 screens, bit naughty if they were.

Edit:
IGHDqM4_d.jpg

I have no idea if i'm missing something as i've only just seen this, but those are definitely screenshots taken straight from RDR. Might not be the original sources but i found them fairly easily whille browsing google images for RDR-related things:

On the RDR wiki:
latest

A blog about RDR:
red-dead-redemption-03.jpg

https://eightandahalfbit.com/2014/0...utlaw-in-the-old-west-of-red-dead-redemption/

Article from April last year:
http://nerdist.com/leaked-red-dead-redemption-2-map-looks-legitimate/
RDR-970x545.jpg

Unable to find the other one, but there are visually similar things.

If what you posted is something actually from the developers that wasn't just a placeholder image we weren't meant to see, then that seems really untrustworthy of them.

SomTervo

Edit:
IGHDqM4_d.jpg

Is that actually from their site? Live? V cheeky.

Could be placeholder before they updated the site.

Is that actually from their site? Live? V cheeky.

Could be placeholder before they updated the site.
It was leaked by the same guy who posted the screen shot, I guess it's just placeholder, I've never visited their site.
Just saying if the leaks were intentional then it's very cheeky

SomTervo

It was leaked by the same guy who posted the screen shot, I guess it's just placeholder, I've never visited their site.
Just saying if the leaks were intentional then it's very cheeky

Their site doesn't have those screenshots now - so perhaps it was placeholder that was online briefly when they put it online

Maybe it's just me, but the other screenshots in the article make it look like they ripped or straight copied assets from RDR. Though to be fair, there isn't much room of variation in the Old West aesthetics.

Top Bottom