• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

"not". Lexa couldn't have achieved the major goal in any season, because that would meant Clarke and the other leads didn't. She can do cool stuff, but she can't strike the final blow. She can't achieve any major plotpoint, because we're watching the adventures of Clarke, Bellamy, Jasper, Raven and Octavia. Not the tale of Lexa, who made sure that Clarke had nothing to do.

"Couldn't"? What, is there a rule book on exactly how stories have to be told? It just seems really fucking stupid to me that she was a major point of both seasons only to have her be regulated to "that one NPC who always dies because they're not REALLY important, if you think about it."

And I'm saying this bias aside. Like, it honestly makes no sense to me, as a fan of television in general. I get what you're saying, but I don't agree.

Joni

"Couldn't"? What, is there a rule book on exactly how stories have to be told? It just seems really fucking stupid to me that she was a major point of both seasons only to have her be regulated to "that one NPC who always dies because they're not REALLY important, if you think about it."

And I'm saying this bias aside. Like, it honestly makes no sense to me, as a fan of television in general. I get what you're saying, but I don't agree.
She simply isn't the focus of the story. It is the story of Clarke, not Lexa. That is how most stories are told, through the characters that achieve it. Otherwise you end up on a situation where all the cool stuff happened adjacent to the experience. Like if that idiot couple in lost had been Clarke and the actual leads had been Lexa. You would get episodes where you see them being in the hood where the heroes were achieving stuff and we look in the side. What you want is the story of Lexa, but you wouldn't get that adventure in a show about five other people.

She simply isn't the focus of the story. It is the story of Clarke, not Lexa. That is how most stories are told, through the characters that achieve it. Otherwise you end up on a situation where all the cool stuff happened adjacent to the experience. Like if that idiot couple in lost had been Clarke and the actual leads had been Lexa. You would get episodes where you see them being in the hood where the heroes were achieving stuff and we look in the side. What you want is the story of Lexa, but you wouldn't get that adventure in a show about five other people.

No, I like Clarke. I like watching the adventures of her and Raven and Octavia, sometimes Monty. I don't give a fuck about Jasper or Bellamy because their stories just aren't interesting. I don't want a story ABOUT Lexa, I want a story WITH Lexa, because I love the Grounders. I love their culture and their language and honestly everything about them. They're far more interesting than Skaikru. And I feel that there is more to be told there, considering they've been a huge threat for the entire show arc.

But to do that, you need a figurehead. You need someone that represents them all, because it's simply impossible to detail every little nuance of grounder life when there are other, more important things to focus on. Lexa was that, for a while, which makes her just as important as anyone else in the world building / plot devices the show has always hoped to achieve. We never would have gotten the concept of Nightbloods and Becca as the first commander without first knowing Lexa, and if we didn't know Lexa, then how could they have even attempted to do that whole AI plot?

Smoolio

No, I like Clarke. I like watching the adventures of her and Raven and Octavia, sometimes Monty. I don't give a fuck about Jasper or Bellamy because their stories just aren't interesting. I don't want a story ABOUT Lexa, I want a story WITH Lexa, because I love the Grounders. I love their culture and their language and honestly everything about them. They're far more interesting than Skaikru. And I feel that there is more to be told there, considering they've been a huge threat for the entire show arc.

But to do that, you need a figurehead. You need someone that represents them all, because it's simply impossible to detail every little nuance of grounder life when there are other, more important things to focus on. Lexa was that, for a while, which makes her just as important as anyone else in the world building / plot devices the show has always hoped to achieve. We never would have gotten the concept of Nightbloods and Becca as the first commander without first knowing Lexa, and if we didn't know Lexa, then how could they have even attempted to do that whole AI plot?

You're so good, agree with everything from a plot point of view and how it should of gone, probably BTS though:

Lexa not being a main character and instead a tool for ratings to bait the lesbian fandom is all on Jason, that it backfired is hilarious. Most of the critical acclaim they got for season 2 was related to Lexa and the progressive nature of Clexa, Jason/cw should of secured ADC before she got FearTWD. But even then they should of utilised her better than to reveal the dumb AI plot, and with it gone is the acclaim; Mo Ryan a top TV critic for vareity dropped the show almost cold turkey.

The fact that they invited fans to the finale filming to trick them that she doesn't die shows they have some understanding, I would think they have at least considered trying to get ADC back. They systematically destroyed the grounder plot this season, if the next is YA delinquents working together to stop the meltdown holy crap is it going to be boring

Joni

Alycia was cast into Fear the Walking Dead in December 2014, at which point she had appeared in three The 100 episodes. By that time, she had been mentionned in one single GAF post.

Smoolio

Alycia was cast into Fear the Walking Dead in December 2014, at which point she had appeared in three The 100 episodes. By that time, she had been mentionned in one single GAF post.

Yeah not many Lexa fans around here for the most parts (except for captain WhereAreMahDragonz of course) , I was losing my mind about how awesome she was from the get go. What are you excited for in season 4 Joni? Can't be Bellarke as you joked about before, thought all sane people abandoned that after his character assassination this season.

Because I wasn't here. I was on a self inflicted perma ban from like may 2015 until she died. My first post back is actually the one where I raged about her dying lmao

Joni

Because I wasn't here. I was on a self inflicted perma ban from like may 2015 until she died. My first post back is actually the one where I raged about her dying lmao
Cough http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142191298&postcount=632 Cough. You hadn't left yet.

Yeah not many Lexa fans around here for the most parts (except for captain WhereAreMahDragonz of course) , I was losing my mind about how awesome she was from the get go. What are you excited for in season 4 Joni? Can't be Bellarke as you joked about before, thought all sane people abandoned that after his character assassination this season.

I think most of us were just resigned to her dying back in season 2, as she was cast in another show. The fact she survived the season was already a huge surprise. For next year: Jasper + Monty mending fences, Clarke/Bellamy + Murphy interactions because they have put him through a lot, new grounder clans cause they have only done three justice so far, and what the hell is going on outside of the sphere of influence of the twelve clans? The last one is high on the list.

Cough http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142191298&postcount=632 Cough. You hadn't left yet.

I think most of us were just resigned to her dying back in season 2, as she was cast in another show. The fact she survived the season was already a huge surprise. For next year: Jasper + Monty mending fences, Clarke/Bellamy + Murphy interactions because they have put him through a lot, new grounder clans cause they have only done three justice so far, and what the hell is going on outside of the sphere of influence of the twelve clans? The last one is high on the list.

Oop, you're right. Expose me I guess. I don't think I posted in the thread much though? I mean I was a Lexa fan from the moment I saw her being a dramatic bitch and tricking Kane and Jaha but I definitely wasn't as vocal about it online.

Actually I don't think I watched season 2 live. I was working nights so I marathoned the second half after like episode six or seven. Which would explain me not being in the thread a lot.

I thought the season was okay. Worse pacing than the previous seasons but enjoyable overall.

Thankfully the drop in quality wasn't as bad as Arrow and Flash...

jrcbandit

I thought the season was okay. Worse pacing than the previous seasons but enjoyable overall.

Thankfully the drop in quality wasn't as bad as Arrow and Flash...

Yeah after all the negative comments, I was expecting much worse but Season 3 was pretty good, just no where near the highs of season 2. I even enjoyed the season finale as it was a far better finale than Arrow or Flash. Actually, all the Superhero season finales were pretty weak, Supergirl, Arrow, and Flash on crap tier and Gotham on mediocre tier.

Overall, my main complaint for Season 3 was the off pacing with many parts too rushed and of course the dead lesbian after sex fiasco - I had no problems with her dying as she was on another show and the removing of the chip was a major plot point, but they didn't handle the setup of the death well at all.

Since they killed off two of my 3 favorite characters in the show, there is no point for me to watch the show anymore. It was a good run, time to move on to a new show for me.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Since they killed off two of my 3 favorite characters in the show, there is no point for me to watch the show anymore. It was a good run, time to move on to a new show for me.

Lexa and Lincoln?

I don't even know if I have a favorite character. Clarke maybe? Raven and Monty, I suppose too. The latter got some much needed character development this season, independent of Jasper even. Octavia gets extra points from me every season. Didn't care for her much in S1, she stepped way up in S2, and she was focused in S3. Her being consumed by revenge didn't bother me too much, but it felt a bit hollow as a final moment for the season. My feeling on it are going to be shaped by how it changes her character going into Season 4.

Lexa and Lincoln?

I don't even know if I have a favorite character. Clarke maybe? Raven and Monty, I suppose too. The latter got some much needed character development this season, independent of Jasper even. Octavia gets extra points from me every season. Didn't care for her much in S1, she stepped way up in S2, and she was focused in S3. Her being consumed by revenge didn't bother me too much, but it felt a bit hollow as a final moment for the season. My feeling on it are going to be shaped by how it changes her character going into Season 4.

Yes and Octavia is the other one.

Lexa and Lincoln?

See, I feel like Octavia didn't really shine in this season as she has previously. Shes kind of flatlined and I feel she didn't progress at all during this arc. She has potential, but I don't really think the writers capitalized on all that she's capable of outside of her killing Pike.

Clarke and Raven are tied for top living faves. Raven because I identify with her a lot and Clarke because she's just a great character all around. She has an unexpected ruthlessness to her that I'm a fan of. She's not afraid to do the dirty work, but I am getting tired of her constantly getting shit on for the sake of others.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Bellamy used to be my boy, but I'm done with him. I don't hate his character but his heel turn over to Pike's side and then flip back to common sense were lackluster. Maybe because he doesn't come off as remorseful just like he is trying to get back into everyone's good graces. I'm not asking for him to drown himself in a whiskey bottle like Jasper because that would be boring to watch but he massacred a lot of innocent people. There should be some Grounder Nuremberg Trial going on with or something. Everybody getting to skate on that isn't cool.

I wonder where Octavia's character would have gone this season if Lincoln hadn't been killed off.

RS4-

Raven and Linc are the best.

I'm not too sure if Octavia progressed at all this season aside from losing Linc and killing Pike; nothing else really happens to her. Well, ok, getting mad at and beating up Bell sort of counts.

Grizzlyjin

Speaking of Bellamy, I'm meeting Bob Morley this weekend and I might be able to ask a few questions. You guys got anything?

Which city has better pizza places, Vancouver or Los Angeles?

Also, as an actor does he watch the stuff he is in or does he prefer not to?

Joni

I'm not too sure if Octavia progressed at all this season aside from losing Linc and killing Pike; nothing else really happens to her. Well, ok, getting mad at and beating up Bell sort of counts.

She lost her cool a bit this year, she'll need to come to terms with being overrun by revenge feelings.

Smoolio

Octavia annoys me, mainly her hatred of Lexa, she was pro grounder but held a grudge over the bombing. Seemed petty just like Pike vengeance before the day was done, compared to my fav Clarke with her machinations. Just was so hoping for Clarke and Octavia to bond over their mutual love of a grounder, that "why am I surprised you're still defending her" really stung near the end, and then no comforting each other after the fact was a missed opportunity.

So I finally finished this season after breaking midway through cause it was boring me and wow they really wasted the alie plot, definitely the worst season of the 3 imo. The Lexa thing was annoying, why do they keep killing her:/ The finale felt like fucking guren lagan. I honestly can't see any hype for season 4,mother didn't even set it up the way they did seasons 2 and 3:/

Oh well, here's hoping they figure out their mistakes. Wherearemahdragonz, you're funny as hell bro. Hope you get the season 4 ot.

Oh well, here's hoping they figure out their mistakes. Wherearemahdragonz, you're funny as hell bro. Hope you get the season 4 ot.

tumblr_nmcmdgoRt41qj9s7go4_r1_250.gif

Dude is wicked nice omg

Okay so I asked about season 4. Writers went back into the room two weeks ago, he got an email just this morning with some deets but obviously couldn't say anything. Interesting though, the girl in front of me was a super obvious huge Bellarke fan (*gag*) and had him sign some art (*gag* x2) and he was all "yeah I don't think they're gonna get THAT close next season...." I cheered inside.

I also asked about what he thought about Bellamy last season. He said that "a lot of stuff happened offscreen" and so he had to make due with what he had. He tried to portray it in a way that would make sense for the viewers. Didn't seem happy about it, but said he loved the challenge. He said he liked how Bellamy kind of went back to a villain and straight up called him bipolar. Lol.

Shook my hand, we talked about Van Gogh because I'm wearing my GoT / Starry Night crossover shirt, was honestly just a cute cinnamon bun the whole time. Great experience.

strafer

Dude is wicked nice omg

Okay so I asked about season 4. Writers went back into the room two weeks ago, he got an email just this morning with some deets but obviously couldn't say anything. Interesting though, the girl in front of me was a super obvious huge Bellarke fan (*gag*) and had him sign some art (*gag* x2) and he was all "yeah I don't think they're gonna get THAT close next season...." I cheered inside.

I also asked about what he thought about Bellamy last season. He said that "a lot of stuff happened offscreen" and so he had to make due with what he had. He tried to portray it in a way that would make sense for the viewers. Didn't seem happy about it, but said he loved the challenge. He said he liked how Bellamy kind of went back to a villain and straight up called him bipolar. Lol.

Shook my hand, we talked about Van Gogh because I'm wearing my GoT / Starry Night crossover shirt, was honestly just a cute cinnamon bun the whole time. Great experience.

no pics?

Oh and he said he hated that fucking guard jacket.

Also I heard him talking about Lexa w/ some other dude, he mentioned something along the lines of it was unfortunate and he wasn't necessarily a fan of it. I unfortunately didn't hear much because the girl dressed as Sailor Neptune next to me insisted on making me want to drink bleach with her Bellarke ramblings.

Sober

Dude is wicked nice omg

Super cool. And whatever to pics. Dont really understand the obsesssion with taking pics with celebs. Sounded like you had a cool chat so that's easily worth a lot more.

Super cool. And whatever to pics. Dont really understand the obsesssion with taking pics with celebs. Sounded like you had a cool chat so that's easily worth a lot more.

Yeah I'm not a fan of awkward photos. I'd rather just get to meet them and chat, get my shit signed and leave.

Girl in front of me asked for a hug and I was like wtf

kirblar

Just looked up a random interview out of curiousity about his regular voice.

Holy shit is his natural accent like a whole octave higher than what he uses for Bellamy.

Top Bottom