• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

I will kidnap her for you at WonderCon.

Jokes on you I'll probably be there next year

Just looked up a random interview out of curiousity about his regular voice.

Holy shit is his natural accent like a whole octave higher than what he uses for Bellamy.

I knowwwwwww

honestly, I have no idea who of the cast is a real american considering everyone is doing their accent flawlessly.

Lindsay Morgan for sure and...Monty?

Just looked up a random interview out of curiousity about his regular voice.

Holy shit is his natural accent like a whole octave higher than what he uses for Bellamy.

You'd be surprised.

Josh Holloway's voice is actually WAY MORE KENTUCKY than his performing voice.

kirblar

I knowwwwwww
I just looked up his wiki.

Theater kid.
First big role was a gay love interest.
Butches his voice up ridiculously, going from just south of Courtney Act to somewhere in the Ben McKenzie range.

Translation: He's a way better actor than I thought he was. :p
Josh Holloway's voice is actually WAY MORE KENTUCKY than his performing voice.
Yeah, but that's just an accent. This is like "I gotta go home from college and talk to my Mormon parents" levels of alteration.

Sober

Yeah I'm not a fan of awkward photos. I'd rather just get to meet them and chat, get my shit signed and leave.

Girl in front of me asked for a hug and I was like wtf
I mean by all means the interaction you had, a photo would be welcomed probably. It's just really if all you're in for is a photo... what's the point?

Imagine if you bumped into him again, at least he will likely remember you better if you had a real conversation before. And even if not at least you had something more substantial than a picture where maybe only one party is really in it.

I mean by all means the interaction you had, a photo would be welcomed probably. It's just really if all you're in for is a photo... what's the point?

Imagine if you bumped into him again, at least he will likely remember you better if you had a real conversation before. And even if not at least you had something more substantial than a picture where maybe only one party is really in it.

I will say this though, he made an effort to talk to everyone. Like, I know that's kind of the point of these signing sessions, but he went out of his way to answer questions and was just really welcoming and friendly. Which is weird because Bellamy is such a douche, but that's acting.

Super chill guy, kind of a shame Bellamy got shafted so hard this season.

Edit: Oh so I was like "I'm not sure how they can save everything when it's all about to explode and radioactive and whatever" and he was all "Yeah I know, but Jason's crazy so we'll see." I laughed and he laughed, and I went "lol I know"

Smoolio

Nice, that does sound like it was an entertaining experience. Did you happen to catch any of his micro expressions when the bellarker was chatting to him?

Eliza is going to be at Oz Comic con in Melbourne next week over here. Thought about going but still quite a trip from Brisbane, hope her or ADC come to Brisbane at some point, would've flown to Melbourne though if it was both of them.

Nice, that does sound like it was an entertaining experience. Did you happen to catch any of his micro expressions when the bellarker was chatting to him?

Eliza is going to be at Oz Comic con in Melbourne next week over here. Thought about going but still quite a trip from Brisbane, hope her or ADC come to Brisbane at some point, would've flown to Melbourne though if it was both of them.

He totally poker faced it, ran his hand threw his hair though and stuttered a bit. Totally played it cool for the most part, got flustered at the art she had him sign. Seemed kinda uncomfortable and played it off. He kept looking at me and smiling though when he was talking to her, so I just kind of smiled and nodded.

I think it was more the fact that she was just like "I LOVE BELLARKE" and in his face about it as opposed to any personal feelings he may have, though. But he did hint they weren't gonna try Bellarke.

So I know I'm way late on this. Just watching the two part finale now. But if next season's OT isn't titled "Doing the Right Thing Can Kiss My Ass" then there's something terribly wrong.

So awesome to see Lexa return in the finale. What a bummer about her character. Really thought her character was amazing here. And Alycia is way better here than her dull character on FTWD.

Smoolio

Another scathing season 3 review, agree on all points except that I will probably be back to hate watch season 4, and my glimmer of delusional hope of course. Good read though if only for those like myself that want to get even a small sense of validation for their feeling on season 3.

Starry Constellation Magazine: The 100 – Perverse Hopefulness

Some quotes I thought were good points:
There are many ways to show a woman is strong; Seeing Clarke put her feelings aside every time she was offered a chance to process them became excessive. Clarke originally came up with “blood must not have blood” and when Clarke doubted her own words, Lexa did not hesitate to call her out, inspiring her to make the right choice and spare Emerson’s life. It was an epic scene, offering so many possibilities and ramifications for the future, only to have that ruined when Emerson comes back for the sole purpose of making Clarke go back on her words. It made no sense for her to go back and forth between “blood must have blood” and talks of an everlasting peace. And what of Lexa’s legacy? Gone. Ruined. Trashed.

I absolutely loved the trope breaking approach with Finns storyline, and to see it again but in the normal terrible way as summed up in this quote was one of my main grievances:
It has become obvious that Clarke is Bellamy’s vehicle to be a hero. When Finn (Thomas McDonald) killed 18 innocent grounders, Clarke couldn’t look at him and told him she didn’t even know who he was anymore. By choosing to give himself up, he somehow redeemed himself and she forgave him. Now, Bellamy has led a genocide that killed 300 innocent grounders to purge his manpain. He is beyond redemption. He has gone too far to be forgiven, especially that fast and easily without having to show real regret. He is a xenophobic mass-murderer. There is no way around that, and nothing he does or says will absolve him of what he did, yet Clarke gets blamed for it because she “left him alone.” She lies for him, and forgives him for no conceivable reason; and she even goes as far as to hug him. That shows she must know exactly who he is and what he is capable of; she knows he is telling the truth when he says this is who he is, who he’s always been: it will be even more disturbing (and abusive) when they inevitably end up together because there seems to be a pattern where a redeemed Golden Boy gets the girl in the end.

Joni

Finn went completely nuts while Bellamy was taking in by a charismatic facist leader. There is an entire history of the world for the latter as examples.

kirblar

Finn went completely nuts while Bellamy was taking in by a charismatic facist leader. There is an entire history of the world for the latter as examples.
The issue is that they had Bellamy actively participate, rather than enable.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow, marathoned the 3 seasons recently on Netflix for the first time recently and just finished Season 3 and this show is an uneven mess. Season 1 was rough, but got to be pretty decent, Season 2 was actually really good, but Season 3 (despite looking really nice due to the increased budget I assume) is a disaster.

Super pissed @ Lexa getting killed off, and in such a pathetic way too. What a waste of a great character. I read that the actress couldn't be available much, so why not just write her off the season and bring her back sporadically here and there? To make matters worse, they go and kill off my OTHER favorite character Lincoln, for no reason at all (except to maybe give Octavia yet another reason to walk around scowling since that's all she does?) A MESS. Can Jasper just die already? Why do all the best characters have to go.

OMG don't even get me started on Bellamy participating in off screen genocide. Unlike Finn, Trashamy just gets to walk away, consequence free?!?

Whew and then there's the ALIE storyline. I did not expect this to be the main threat of Season 3. It started off so well too with the threat of the Ice Nation (which was resolved in just a few episodes when it seemed like it was going to be a season long arc). I love me some sci-fi, but this half baked story arc was not handled well to say the least.

VSGxOw4.gif

Wow, marathoned the 3 seasons recently on Netflix for the first time recently and just finished Season 3 and this show is an uneven mess. Season 1 was rough, but got to be pretty decent, Season 2 was actually really good, but Season 3 (despite looking really nice due to the increased budget I assume) is a disaster.

Super pissed @ Lexa getting killed off, and in such a pathetic way too. What a waste of a great character. I read that the actress couldn't be available much, so why not just write her off the season and bring her back sporadically here and there? To make matters worse, they go and kill off my OTHER favorite character Lincoln, for no reason at all (except to maybe give Octavia yet another reason to walk around scowling since that's all she does?) A MESS. Can Jasper just die already? Why do all the best characters have to go.

OMG don't even get me started on Bellamy participating in off screen genocide. Unlike Finn, Trashamy just gets to walk away, consequence free?!?

Whew and then there's the ALIE storyline. I did not expect this to be the main threat of Season 3. It started off so well too with the threat of the Ice Nation (which was resolved in just a few episodes when it seemed like it was going to be a season long arc). I love me some sci-fi, but this half baked story arc was not handled well to say the least.

VSGxOw4.gif

Same

Im not sure why Lincoln died, tbh. American Gods doesn't air until 2018 so he wouldn't have been filming, right? And it's not a cable show, so there probably won't be more than 10 eps a season. He should've been available. Was there something between Jason and Ricky? I remember the latter did a bunch of shit talking on Twitter but I think that was right in the middle of season 3. Hm.

Joni

despite looking really nice due to the increased budget I assume
No. Shows don't normally get extra budget.

Im not sure why Lincoln died, tbh. American Gods doesn't air until 2018 so he wouldn't have been filming, right? And it's not a cable show, so there probably won't be more than 10 eps a season. He should've been available. Was there something between Jason and Ricky? I remember the latter did a bunch of shit talking on Twitter but I think that was right in the middle of season 3. Hm.

The public shittalking started around the time he signed on American Gods and knew he had something else. But I still wonder if he would have bothered if Jason didn't kill Lincoln.

Somnia

Same

It's also not a matter of just "being available" though. When you sign a contract to be a primary cast member on most shows you are locked into that show. That's why Jason/CW had to negotiate with AMC to get Alycia for as many episodes as they got, it was up to AMC to allow it and for how long.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Same

Oh he's leaving for another show too just like the Lexa actress?

I mean, if all the best actors/actresses are running from The 100 as fast as their legs can take them, maybe I should too. Really hoping Season 4 can get back to Season 2 quality (though I doubt it with all the Nightblood/microchip nonsense that's part of the lore now).

Plus wtf happened with Raven's boyfriend, the mechanic or engineer or whatever that she got together with @ end of Season 2? LOL he legit just disappeared as soon as Season 3 started with no explanation.

No. Shows don't normally get extra budget.

?

Season 1 looked incredibly cheap and basic, I was shocked how amateur the whole thing looked, I almost gave up after a few episodes. As soon as Season 2 starts, there's a massive improvement in the sets, and even the cinematography. The show looked like a high budget show starting with Season 2, I'm guessing they had a budget increase as the show became popular?

Somnia

Oh he's leaving for another show too just like the Lexa actress?

I mean, if all the best actors/actresses are running from The 100 as fast as their legs can take them, maybe I should too. Really hoping Season 4 can get back to Season 2 quality (though I doubt it with all the Nightblood/microchip nonsense that's part of the lore now).

Plus wtf happened with Raven's boyfriend, the mechanic or engineer or whatever that she got together with @ end of Season 2? LOL he legit just disappeared as soon as Season 3 started with no explanation.

1) It's not that they are "running" away it's that they are getting on to much larger shows as a starring role which is better for their career then a part time character on The CW that doesn't get a lot of viewers.

2) I'm pretty sure he said some pretty sexiest or racist stuff IRL and they punted him. I could be wrong there, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Joni

Wick was indeed a huge racist.

Season 1 looked incredibly cheap and basic, I was shocked how amateur the whole thing looked, I almost gave up after a few episodes. As soon as Season 2 starts, there's a massive improvement in the sets, and even the cinematography. The show looked like a high budget show starting with Season 2, I'm guessing they had a budget increase as the show became popular?
That is pretty much experience, the fact they had to build less sets and more episodes to play around with. But I would be very amazed if they got more budget per episode. There are very few shows that get budget increases. As for an increase because of their popularity, even Arrow got its budget cut after the first season. You even see it a bit on the cast cuts that the 100 made.

The 100 has been nominated for the Teen Choice Awards 2016: Choice TV Chemistry:
Eliza Taylor & Bob Morley, The 100

Joni

Yes, it was also not the only controversial choice
Jared Padalecki & Misha Collins, Supernatural
I mean, come on. Jared?

Smoolio

The 100 has been nominated for the Teen Choice Awards 2016: Choice TV Chemistry:

Gross, I'd say cw paid for it to start planting the seeds for season 4, but that supernatural one just shows they have no clue.

Smoolio

Javi Grillo-Marxuachof the season 3 writer and 2nd in command; writer of episode 307, was on the FandomRising panel at ATXFestival today. Answered some questions, this one in particular:

Transcribed on LChat.

I would say I am looking forward to a Xena reboot, but no way it gets made when pilots can be "too female" and also with all the drama around the dead lesbian trope at the moment seems unlikely that NBC will want to dive head first into a Queer female lead show.

wait are you serious lmao

Javi Grillo-Marxuachof the season 3 writer and 2nd in command; writer of episode 307, was on the FandomRising panel at ATXFestival today. Answered some questions, this one in particular:

Transcribed on LChat.

I would say I am looking forward to a Xena reboot, but no way it gets made when pilots can be "too female" and also with all the drama around the dead lesbian trope at the moment seems unlikely that NBC will want to dive head first into a Queer female lead show.

He pretty much confirmed a while ago that xena and Gabrielle would be out and proud.

Smoolio

He pretty much confirmed a while ago that xena and Gabrielle would be out and proud.

Yeah which is awesome, correct me if I'm wrong as of last update nothing is confirmed right? As he has to deliver a script before they lock into ordering a pilot. Unfortunately I think NBC is going to pass on this after everything recently. Pessimistic certainly, but most likely :(

Yeah which is awesome, correct me if I'm wrong as of last update nothing is confirmed right? As he has to deliver a script before they lock into ordering a pilot. Unfortunately I think NBC is going to pass on this after everything recently. Pessimistic certainly, but most likely :(

It's a Xena reboot, they'd be fools to let it die.

Believe in the power of lesbians.

Smoolio

Eliza Taylor at OzComicCon today in Melbourne, some quotes:
"I don't think she'll ever love another human again."
@Starrymag
Q: was the I love you in the script?
"It wasn't, but I said it."
@Starrymag
Q: what do you think Clexa's favourite moment was? "Uhh... Can you guess?"
@Starrymag
@MisElizaJane on favourite scene with Alycia: "you mean besides making out?"
@Starrymag

She entirely knows her fanbase, even mentioned she didn't want to talk about bellarke in response to one question as to not upset the majority of the crowd. So of course there is a degree of pandering, but she really comes off as sensitive to the issues and genuine in her care. She's a sweetheart.

Edit: more on the ily
"Was the I love you in the original script?"

Eliza: "It wasn't in the original script but I said it. It just kind of felt right. We luckily get to adlib a lot and I just threw it in there because you know the love of my life was about to sacrifice herself for me. Nothing too crazy. But yeah I did ADR it afterwards. Jason didn't think about putting it in because there was no I love you back. But I'm glad at least one of us got to say it. Is all I can say."

Smoolio

Read the transcript for that ATX panel, a lot of it really came off as be happy with what your getting, and if your not grateful maybe the networks will stop having LGBT characters. Which is frankly disgusting, reaction to panel is overwhelmingly negative Twitter Reactions

Now for what Eliza thinks was Clarke's biggest development in season 3 to cheer me up: Video

Joni

Read the transcript for that ATX panel, a lot of it really came off as be happy with what your getting, and if your not grateful maybe the networks will stop having LGBT characters. Which is frankly disgusting, reaction to panel is overwhelmingly negative Twitter Reactions

Now for what Eliza thinks was Clarke's biggest development in season 3 to cheer me up: Video
If shows can be rejected for being too female, I wouldn't be amazed if there are executives looking at the situation and thinking it would be better for them to skip such negativity. Executives are risk averse.

Top Bottom