• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 worst games of all time (GamesRadar)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I unintentionally stumbled on this article published yesterday when looking something else up, and found it amusing. It's GamesRadar's take on the 100 worst games of all time, with two paragraphs written on each game on why:

http://www.gamesradar.com/worst-games-all-time/

After celebrating the 100 best games of all time, we're ready to once more give hate a chance by updating and expanding our list of the worst games of all time. After searching the darkest depths of gaming, we now have the 100 worst games of all time in one place!

We aren't just picking disappointing games or boring titles. These are broken messes, games without value. These will live on in infamy long after boringly average games are forgotten. These are the 100 worst games ever. Gaze upon them and repent!

If you want it in just list form:

(list goes from 100 - 1, with 1 being the supposed worst for those who are confused, the list starts from 100 and then goes down to 1, though in my take is a lot of these could be switched around based on opinion.)

100. Rise of the Robots
99. The Fight: Lights Out
98. Jumper: Griffin's Story
97. Spawn: The Eternal
96. Golden Axe: Beast Rider
95. Barbie Dreamhouse Party
94. Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
93. Naughty Bear
92. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013)
91. Rugby 15
90. The Crow: City of Angels
89. Super 3D Noah's Ark
88. Rise of Nightmares
87. Shaq Fu
86. Ninjabread Man
85. Nickelodeon Party Blast
84. Fast & Furious: Showdown
83. Bebe’s Kids
82. Bubsy 2
81. Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
80. Daikatana
79. Charlie’s Angels
78. Pong Toss
77. Hannah Montana: The Movie
76. Silent Hill: Book of Memories
75. NRA Varmint Hunter
74. The Fighter Within
73. Fester’s Quest
72. Catwoman
71. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
70. Final Fantasy: All the Bravest
69. MindJack
68. Bible Adventures
67. Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
66. Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons
65. WCW: Backstage Assault
64. Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
63. Hulk Hogan’s Main Event
62. Chicken Shoot
61. The Expendables 2
60. Rogue Warrior
59. Night Trap
58. Uncanny X-Men
57. Mario is Missing
56. Kung Fu: High Impact
55. Make My Video
54. Dark Castle
53. Action 52 (Genesis)
52. Back to the Future
51. Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
50. Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
49. Hooters Road Trip
48. Hotel Mario
47. Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties
46. Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
45. Motorbike
44. Lula 3D
43. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
42. Unlimited SaGa
41. Ashes Cricket 2013
40. Survivor (PC)
39. Spogs Racing
38. Grey’s Anatomy: The Video Game
37. Self-Defense Training Camp
36. Basement Crawl
35. Pac-Man Atari 2600
34. Bubsy 3D: Furbitten Planet
33. Yaris
32. M&M's Kart Racing
31. Navy SEALs: Weapons of Mass Destruction
30. Amy
29. Little Britain: The Video Game
28. Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
27. Attack of the Movies 3D
26. Street Fighter: The Movie
25. American McGee’s Bad Day LA
24. Extreme Paintbrawl (PC)
23. Dragonball: Evolution
22. Rambo: The Video Game
21. Bomberman: Act Zero
20. Girl Fight
19. Elf Bowling 1 & 2
18. Batman: Dark Tomorrow
17. Infestation: Survivor Stories/WarZ
16. The Guy Game
15. Catfight
14. Blackwater
13. Mortal Kombat Advance
12. Friday the 13th
11. Drake of the 99 Dragons
10. Ride to Hell: Retribution
9. Link: The Faces of Evil
8. Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis
7. Homie Rollerz
6. Fugitive Hunter
5. Custer's Revenge
4. Superman: The New Adventures
3. Club Drive
2. E.T.
1. Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing

---

Agree to disagree with the list? Any big bad inclusions they're missing? Also worth reading their reasoning on them, there's quite a write-up here for each game. What are some of the worst games of all time?

Akronis

oh jesus christ I just remembered The Guy Game. Thanks OP.

I also don't think Rise of Nightmares would've been so critically panned if it hadn't literally physically abused you to play.

Krakn3Dfx

81. Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Should be higher on the list. Or is it lower? I dunno, it should be like #4.

edit:

Also, CTRL + F 'Jurassic'.

750.gif

mp1990

Banned
Amiibo Festival has been out for only 2 weeks now and it's already considered one of the worst games ever ? Thats... unexpected, to say the least lol.

eso76

wait, which is the worst, number 1 or number 100 ?

(also, knew daikatana would be there)

Citadel

War Z should be higher.

I actually bought the most expensive version of that game, too. I know that was my mistake, but damn, I really bought into it.

Good thing this doesn't include some of those horrible horrible Steam Greenlight games.. They would probably fill up the list

Friday the 13th is the 12th worst game of all time?

What the fuck? And Silent Hill Book of Memories while not a Silent Hill game proper isn't a bad game.

Only played Night Trap, Friday the 13th, and Unlimited Saga. Can't believe I bought Unlimited Saga 3 times in hope that it would click. It never did, but I did end up buying the soundtrack because it's amazing.

Really wish these lists would stop using BROTRR as filler.

The dead horse has been long beaten. Its place on the list should be handed off to something that remotely resembles a game. There was no attempt to make a game with BROTRR, it was just a straight con to put something on shelves and technically not be lying about what they're selling.

A real list of the 100 worst games ever would be a list of iOS/Android games.

That said, I remember liking Fester's Quest as a kid.

Amiibo festival....Ouch.There really are some stinkers on this list,but is Amiibo Festival THAT bad?

I gathered some of the biggest Animal Crossing fans I know together to play it and we couldn't make it through a single round. It's just the worst. Would rather play Game & Wario as much as that statement hurts to say.

85. Nickelodeon Party Blast

Discovering this game's critically panned reaction a couple years ago was something of a shock. I mean, I haven't played it in over a decade and the only reason I picked it up as a kid was because Zim was in it, but I remember having decent times with it.

Timeless

I gathered some of the biggest Animal Crossing fans I know together to play it and we couldn't make it through a single round. It's just the worst. Would rather play Game & Wario as much as that statement hurts to say.
I got together with some AC-loving friends and had fun with it. I can easily imagine it getting old, but for one match it was good. It's surprising how the low-stakes gameplay matches the main franchise. LOL, then we played Game & Wario's fruit thief game and had an incredible time with that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's sad to see Final Fantasy even mentioned on that list, but I agree that All the Bravest is an absolute travesty and deserves to be there.

However, I feel it's being judged a little harshly considering it's a free to play mobile title. I could think of 100 or so F2P mobile titles alone that are worse than All the Bravest. As far as I can tell, it's the only free game on the list.

Alx

I'll never understand people who claim that Fighter Within isn't responsive. Worked fine for me. I think some people are just bad at motion gaming.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
They obviously thought it was top 100 games when they added ShaqFu.

As they say on ShaqFu:

87. Shaq Fu
Oh Shaq Fu, how we love and loathe you at the same time. Your story is weird, your characters are even weirder, and your fighting system is one of the worst ever made, and yet you have a so-bad-it’s-good charm about you that’s infectious. Despite it's poor quality, Shaquille O'Neal was even able to successfully crowd-fund a sequel thanks to gamers' nostalgia for the title. What is it about you, Shaq-Fu?

The idea of a basketball player in kung fu battles against an army of supernatural beings is just absurd, especially when you include the story that surrounds it. (And we use the tern "story" very loosely.) Seems Shaq somehow stumbled into an alternate dimension while visiting a martial arts dojo, and now he has to save a young boy from an evil mummy. That makes as much sense to you as it does to us, we promise.

Timu

Why is Rise of the Robots just at 100? It should be in the top 25, you only had 4 moves in that fighting game!

Unlimited Saga wasn't THAT bad. It had some goofy ass systems, but I'd call it mediocre over terrible.

Evergrace? Now that was far worse IMO.

Tony Hawk 5 is a lot better than it used to be. I think Ride should take that spot.

Sheroking

As bad as games like Ride to Hell and Friday the 13th are, they definitely do not merit high placements in a world where mobile games and asset flips exist.

Spend some time on the app store or in the bowels of steam, and you'll find way worse games than Yaiba.

I should also point out that I bet this guy is a Giant Bomb viewer. There's a fuck ton of really bad games out there, but he picks a few that are probably most known for the coverage from Giant Bomb, like Big Rigs, WCW Backstage Assault, Make My Video, etc.

Top Bottom