• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 worst games of all time (GamesRadar)

robot

There are way way worse NES games compared to Friday the 13th. Off the top of my head - Dragon Power, Deadly Towers, Athena, and Total Recall.

tokkun

Fester's Quest was not a bad game. It hasn't aged well like a lot of NES titles, but I can't see why it would be on a worst of all time list.

That game has some really frustrating and inscrutable design decisions. For instance, enemies dropping items that look like powerups but make your weapons level down.

What? That game was actually playable, and a bit interesting with the way it connected the overworld through underground areas.

hehe. it's such a weird list. for a lot of the older games here it just seems like the people who made the list didn't actually play the games back when they came out. why bother making a list with older titles in it then if you have no idea what the reception was like for the game back then, there's easily a 100 fucking terrible games released this year to make a list of and try to shame.

Ctrl+F Shellshock 2: Blood Trails, no results found. That pile of crap is surely worse than something on this list.

Not surprised at Big Rigs being #1.

Apdiddy

I'm surprised at the inclusion of Fester's Quest. It's unbearably hard, but it's from Sunsoft and was released around the same time as Blaster Master, Batman, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, and (in Europe at least) The New Ghostbusters 2. They seriously cannot do anything wrong with those.

If they wanted to include bad NES games, where's Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde?

PSqueak

Banned
hey! #77 is that game so many gaffers have platinum trophies for!

Hold on! #20, Girl fight, actually came out?! i thought it had been rightfully canned.

poncle

Say "Shaq Fu" just because of Shaq.

Say "Unlimited SaGa" just because they don't get the system (and are apparently deaf given the great OST).

Man what a bunch of jokers.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Fighting Masters is worse than Shaq Fu. I played the hell out of it though.

Last boss was an asshole. Fuck that guy and his huge energy bar.

Unlimited Saga has no place on a WOAT list.

Is Unlimited SaGa really that bad? My only experience with it is the music, and it's fantastic, was hoping the game would be ok because of it :(

Really wanted to try it some day.

SURGEdude

I'm gonna hope Dark Castle is only on that list due to some shitty port I never played. Otherwise I don't know what to say.

Soulflarz

Banned
Where the hell is Time and Eternity?

I beat bad games for lols with friends. I've beaten Sonic 06 dammit.

But T&E crushes that.

Fugitive Hunter DEFINITELY falls under "so bad it's good" category. An FPS where you search for terrorists in the mountains and have a final showdown fistfight with the leader in the style of 2.5D fighter? Pure 'Amurrica' comedy. The dialogue is 'Team America' funny too

antitrop

I got all the Achievements in the Hannah Montanah game, I can guarantee there are 100 games out there worse than that.

I got all the trophies for AMY and I don't think it was that bad.

That's why we don't get a lot of horror games.
Some people just want to kill things with AK-47s.

c0Zm1c

I'm surprised Transformers: The Game isn't on the list (the one that tied in with the first Michael Bay movie). It's among the worst games I've ever played.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Disagree with ET. While the game is definitely obtuse and arbitrary, when you watch the docu on it and the guy explains it, it actually makes sense. Had I had that knowledge 30 years ago my 10 year old self probably would have loved it.

antitrop

Also, as a child who unfortunately grew up with a CD-i and owned/finished all three Zelda games, I'm glad to see that recognized on the list.

Mael

Is Unlimited SaGa really that bad? My only experience with it is the music, and it's fantastic, was hoping the game would be ok because of it :(

Really wanted to try it some day.

It's the ultimate Kawazu game, therefore far too obtuse for its own good.
List is BS, Rise of the Robots only at #100 is lol worthy.

Top Bottom