• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 worst games of all time (GamesRadar)

Nairume

Banned
Is Unlimited SaGa really that bad? My only experience with it is the music, and it's fantastic, was hoping the game would be ok because of it :(
It's incredibly obtuse and desperately needed either a tutorial or better documentation of its mechanics, but it's nowhere near bad enough to be sandwiched between a terrible unfinished piece of shit and Ashes Cricket 2013.

Pandy

Instantly knew this was just a random list, and whoever wrote it hadn't played all the games.

Rise of the Robots at No. 100? It's far worse than that.

I played and finished Sonic 06. And I think it should be higher (lower?) on the list. That game was so bad. I don't know what I was thinking lol

#1 should be MGSV
Yeah, because it's a worse game than Superman 64 and Link: The Faces of Evil.

Roll-Eyes-Stanley.gif

I'm just glad to see Pit Fighter is not on the list. Idiots often think it's supposed to be a fighting game like Street Fighter but it's more like Final Fight in a rumble arena setting. Much more fun than Final Fight too, imo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

injurai

Banned
I had a crisis with that list. So hard to parse when you aren't familiar with any of the titles. I'm so used to doing a lazy ocular pat down of lists.

sunny801-1002g0ut8.jpg

Timu

Everything but Night Trap belongs on there.

Night Trap has a LOT of depth to it, and it's pure b-movie camp joy.
While it doesn't belong on there the best things about it are those campy cutscenes, some of which are hard to focus on due to having so much attention on catching the Augers.

BibiMaghoo

BO:D doesn't belong on that list. If the game had launched as a £12.99 PSN game, it would have had amazing reviews. The problem was the lack of content, it was so bare bones and full price, which was awful.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Instantly knew this was just a random list, and whoever wrote it hadn't played all the games.

Rise of the Robots at No. 100? It's far worse than that.

If you read the site, they give two paragraph explanations on all of their choices, for you to discern from that or not.

Faustek

Ohh yeah, there was a reason why I never go to them. I don't fucking care to click through a bazilion pages just to see one thing.

Fucking piece of shit garbage.

Anyone mind sharing what they actually wrote about unlimited saga? Can't be arsed to do it on mobile.

Edit: i clicked and clicked

Japanese RPGs get a lot of flak these days. People call them linear, obtuse slogs through redundant settings in which you grind out levels so as to figure out a baroque combat system used to finish an excessively insipid plot with obnoxious characters. People these days are dumb; they were talking about this ten years ago with Unlimited SaGa.

More or less a board game for exploration with slot machine-like combat, Unlimited SaGa’s name must have come from the infinite amounts of tedium that players could expect. These unlucky (or equally dumb) players didn't move around dungeons or towns in the traditional sense more than they just chose locations and NPCs to talk to, and battles were just as much about lousy luck as they were about stat building and smart tactics. There may not be one definitive cause for JRPG decline in the West, but this might be as close as we can to pinpointing it.

Ok i expecting the no go to location markers, mini map or how it wasn't CT, FF or something else main stream but hey each to their own. I also disliked it coming off Frontier but it grew ok me :) Flaws yes but the sum of it made up for it in the end.

81. Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
30. Amy
Surprisingly, I had a more fun than expected in WD:SI. Maybe it's bc I came into them game with already really low expectations.

Where the hell is Time and Eternity?

I beat bad games for lols with friends. I've beaten Sonic 06 dammit.

But T&E crushes that.
I am still playing this game. But the battle system isn't all that bad. I think Hyperdimension Neptunia vanilla is worst than T&E though.

I own 2 games on that list. Daikatana and BlopsDC The Vita CoD game.

New Vegas 2 should be on that list.

I played and enjoyed FO3, NV and am currently enjoying FO4. I had no idea there was a New Vegas 2. I would have got it had I known about it.

Guess I didn't miss much?

IrishNinja

some fair calls, but man Street Fighter the Movie gets a bad rap...it plays like classic SF! really not bad, but fuck the story mode final boss, geez

Night Trap is a piece of gaming history, and honestly, Friday the 13th isn't even the worst of the licensed/LJN era shit, really.

AdanVC

So fucking depressing to see Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 listed among the worst videogames ever already while it's past entries are listed among the best of their generation. Talk about screwing it up big time...

Yeah, because it's a worse game than Superman 64 and Link: The Faces of Evil.

Roll-Eyes-Stanley.gif

I'm just glad to see Pit Fighter is not on the list. Idiots often think it's supposed to be a fighting game like Street Fighter but it's more like Final Fight in a rumble arena setting. Much more fun than Final Fight too, imo.
Heh I was just trying to fit in with the rest of Gaf :^)

Zekes!

The fuck at Unlimited SaGa

It is in no way a terrible game, though to call it mediocre is fair. It's incredibly obtuse and does not explain a damn thing about itself very well, but there's no way it's one of the worst games of all time. It's OST alone saves it from that fate.

Also their idea that it somehow contributed to the decline of JRPGs in the West is laughable. It's a incredibly niche game

snivell

Neo Member
Am I the only one that found a good bit of enjoyment out of Naughty Bear? I mean, for what it is. Also considering I got it for about $5 at gamestop.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Carmageddon 64 is the worst game I've ever played and it's not on that list. In fact it's so bad, so much worse than Superman 64, that nobody remembers it.

breadtruck

Double Dragon 2 doesnt deserve to be on there, that game was awesome!
edit: nm, didnt realize this was some sort of remake.

Seriously, no Trespasser Jurrasic Park?

"These are broken messes, games without value". I just started playing Night Trap and I don't think it's a broken mess at all. In fact I think it's pretty brilliant.

The remake is one of the worst Double Dragon games ever made.

Yeah, that game is a total POS

Et reallt isnt that bad.

Agreed, people like to follow the hate train. I think Pac-man 2600 is worst.

Hubb

I haven't played a single game on that list, what I am missing out on. Was Ninja Gaiden Z really that bad, or just a really bad Ninja Gaiden game?

Red Mage

Wasn't Super Noah Ark 3D basically the Doom team taking a piss at Nintendo for their restrictions on Doom 64? As in they gave the Noah makers the engine to piss off Nintendo?

Aeqvitas

After watching the documentary on digging up the ET games, I really disagree with it being anywhere near the top. Not only was the one guy forced to make it all in a few months, it actually has some clever puzzles apparently. Considering most Atari games were very abstract, it wasn't that bad, just too hard for the mass audience who bought it on holiday hype.

Top Bottom