• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3DS version of Zelda Ocarina of Time is amazing.

Majestad

Banned
I'm replaying this game once again and, man, it is amazing. Not only the game itself, but the enhancements Grezzo did to it. It plays so good on the handheld, and it is beautiful to look at. The only change I'd have made is (maybe) orchestrated music, but other than that this has to be one of the best remakes of a gaming classic.

I can't wait for Nintendo to finally announce the Majora's Mask remake. I need it now!
A Link Between Worlds was godlike, but I'd always prefer 3D Zeldas over 2D.

D6AW4U9.jpg

SDM7l2a.jpg

Wc6z841.jpg

Luigi87

Those screenshots...
I really gotta do my Master Quest run. Just looking at those pics makes me want to.

The game is so good... Such a nice upgraded port of my absolute favourite game @_@
The 3D and the motion control is great.

Eiolon

It really is. Both that and Star Fox 64 3D were very good overhauls. Would like to see a few other N64 titles done as well.

jbueno

Um yes, I´ve been postponing getting this long enough. I haven´t played through Ocarina of Time since I got the Master Quest disc back in 2003, so I´m looking forward to it.

Ocarina of Time 3D is definitely the definitive version of OoT. I hadn't played OoT in about 10 years, and when I popped in OoT 3D last year, I fell in love with the game all over again. The remake is so well done (love the changes to the UI and how certain items work). I also really like the redone character models. Link looks a LOT better (I always thought Adult Link in OoT looked a bit weird).

Seda

The improved text speed is a huge benefit. Probably can't go back to another version of the game due to that alone.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Should have been on the Wii-U.

Just out of curiosity, there's no way to connect a 3DS to your T.V. yet, right?

Jagsrock

Banned
it really is an amazing remake. The 3D can really add to the experience but the ghosting can be annoying in darker areas.

You probably wouldn't think it, but the touch screen menu makes a world of difference. The updated textures and models improve the game without detracting from its aesthetic charm.

My only gripes are that the world still feels empty and the flat terrain makes the graphical low fidelity of the environment textures and the terrain geometry a lot more obvious.
The 3D is fantastic
I remember having ghosting and slowdown issues in 3D mode. I guess it's really hit or miss.

the 3D is damn good in bright areas, but the ghosting is really apparent in darker places. lake hylia daytime in 3D makes the whole endeavor worth it, though.

MAJORA 3D will end lives

Persona7

Banned
it really is an amazing remake. The 3D can really add to the experience but the ghosting can be annoying in darker areas.

I am looking at it now and the ghosting and crosstalk are prevalent even on Hyrule field. It is just a bad gimmick that lowers the image quality. I have yet to see a game that implements it well and I probably won't ever see one.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I am looking at it now and the ghosting and crosstalk are prevalent even on Hyrule field. It is just a bad gimmick that lowers the image quality.

OoT is I think the only game where the 3D ever bothered me, but it was a launch title and they hadn't quite figured out how to make it work right so it gave me consistent headaches. No other 3DS game I've played has had that issue though

Neiteio

It is just a bad gimmick that lowers the image quality.
Man, I couldn't disagree more strongly. The image quality looks flat and blurry in 2D, the colors muddling together with little definition. In 3D, on the other hand, everything is crisp and clear, solid and tangible, with real depth and a strong sense of scale. I only get mild ghosting when looking at the black portals leading in and out of the woods. Otherwise, the image quality is immaculate and far more impressive with 3D all the way up. It's not even a contest. Looking down from the top of Death Mountain in 3D, or gazing out across Hyrule Field in 3D, or looking at items like the Spiritual Stones in 3D on your Status Screen, the stones suspended in the air before your very eyes... I wouldn't toggle off that effect. It's so good.

Kyzon

It looks so damn good. I need to get my 3DS finished so I can re-play this. I smiled the entire time I did my first run on 3DS.

Crayolan

Definitely the definitive version of OoT. There's just one problem (minor spoilers):
The lighting the final battle is way too bright.

Grief.exe

Playing through OOT again on the 3DS was a treat last year, I can only hope that Nintendo and Grezzo are preparing a masked surprise for this year.

I am looking at it now and the ghosting and crosstalk are prevalent even on Hyrule field. It is just a bad gimmick that lowers the image quality. I have yet to see a game that implements it well and I probably won't ever see one.

That is why I hope they just drop 3D from their next handheld and focus on delivering a higher resolution product.

Too much hardware over head for an effect that not all of your consumers are interested in.

How did they replace the rumble feature in the Stone of Agony?

If I remember correctly, something pops up on the touchscreen.

im surprised that we didnt got more n64 remakes on the 3ds, specially majoras mask

Nintendo should just set up a studio dedicated to N64 remakes.

Was really good, definitely happy with it.

The music itself is great obviously (I might be in the minority) but I wanted an updated soundtrack. It was fun seeing updated areas with new graphics, having the exact same music was kind of a let down.

Jagsrock

Banned

eh for me it's pretty decent. If you put the slider somewhere in the middle it helps a bit too. Have you played SM3D land? That game has excellent 3D, I hardly had any issues with it at all.

Persona7

Banned
eh for me it's pretty decent. If you put the slider somewhere in the middle it helps a bit too. Have you played SM3D land? That game has excellent 3D, I hardly had any issues with it at all.

I've tried adjusting the 3D on several games and it just does does not look good to me especially with the crosstalk issues. Maybe it is more common on the XL? I see a lot of similar complaints on the internet so I don't think it is just me.

Ansatz

60 fps is amazing. 3D worked very well inside dungeons, not so much outside where the camera is zoomed out.

Hmm. Only saw the very early preview screens for this game and they looked...okay. Might have to reconsider. This looks significantly better than I first though. My only concern is: how's the aliasing in it? Seems like just the sort of game that would suffer from jaggies.

Wow, those screens look fantastic! I haven't played through Ocarina of Time since the N64 and I just got a 3DS, so... (the hamsters are turning the wheels pretty quickly.)

Griss

The fact that my favourite game got such a loving port still makes me happy all this time later. Just an incredible job by Grezzo on so many levels. And put me in the group that thinks the 3D was fantastic and breathed life into the environments.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
60 fps is amazing. 3D worked very well inside dungeons, not so much outside where the camera is zoomed out.

It's 30FPS.

Still a big step over the originally 16/20fps.

They didn't quite capture the creepiness of Dead Hand for me

Dead_Hand_3D.jpg

How was this game an E again?

ocarina_of_time_poster_by_matthugh1000-d3d519s.jpg

Top Bottom