• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 73rd Annual Golden Globes |OT| Episode MMXVI: Return of the Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigorath

Banned
The "noone saw that movie" moniker is always the silliest one. Noone watched Hurt Locker and Kings Speech.

Austin/Dublin/Houston/Los Angeles and a bunch of other Critics Circle Awards. Just like DiCaprio to be precise.

The King's Speech made $400m. The Hurt Locker tripled it's budget. Steve Jobs bombing and Fassbender having no real hype behind him is going to hurt a lot. This is the Golden Globes after all.

Arnie7

Banned
God damn. I say god damn. Fucking fatalities.

200_s.gif

Oersted

The King's Speech made $400m. The Hurt Locker tripled it's budget. Steve Jobs bombing and Fassbender having no real hype behind him is going to hurt a lot. This is the Golden Globes after all.

My statement was not specifically about Golden Globes, it was more in general about the awards race towards Oscars.

Golden Globes are always an outlier because they are driven by getting attention. Oscars are more about being out of loop.

The movie was a mess, but Bryan was exceptional despite of that.

The scene when Trumbo sees his name for the first time again after all that time being blacklisted is a great example of Bryan's power.
I guess he did the best with what he had, but I thought it felt really caricatural. The whole thing was fake as fuck. Nobody played real people, just felt like actors trying to reenact past events in a stylish way. The Steve Jobs movie did a better job at portraying persons that actually lived in our world and I felt like these things happened for real. But there's so much an actor can do and I blame everything that didn't work out for Trumbo on its mediocre director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom