• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 90's Are All That! Classic Nick shows return in July!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

hey arnold! and rocko started tonight. hey arnold! is pretty uneven in its first season, but there is still a lot of goodness. it's held up well, and gets better as the series ages (until around season 4 when things start going downhill).

also, stick stickley's coming back friday.

G-Fex

Man I was watching Rocko and then it ended and some shit called Arnold something came on and I said what the fuck is this shit? Give me back my Rocko, I don't know what this new shit is!!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
G-Fex said:
Man I was watching Rocko and then it ended and some shit called Arnold something came on and I said what the fuck is this shit? Give me back my Rocko, I don't know what this new shit is!!

Er, Hey Arnold started in 1996, a mere three years after Rocko. Hardly new.

But then again, it's you, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're trolling or something. :D

G-Fex said:

How the fuck do you not know what "Hey Arnold" is.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I didn't know last night was the first night of Hey Arnold and Rocko. But on a whim, I watched both. I completely forgot how awesome those shows were.

Son of a bitch, I thought they were just getting rid of Clarissa and Doug, that I was fine with, but they took my Kenan & Kel.

I didn't ask for this.

MIMIC

Banned
friskykillface said:
0_o how, its not midnight here yet

pfff they need to show a are you afraid of the dark marathon on halloween or i'll be :/

They started at 10pm tonight.

The DirecTV guide says that it's a 2-hour marathon of Legends of the Hidden Temple (wtf) but it's actually a mix of several different shows.

haha Family Double Dare is on now :D

hmmm the hosts last name is Summers, is he married to Suzanne Summers? :O

i hope space cases gets played tonight, it was a choice on the vote page

GeoramA

The Salute Your Shorts episode with Zeke the Plumber was on last night. Haven't seen it in YEARS.

308f9ud.jpg

AniHawk

nickelodeon failed this lineup. toonami fostered an audience and really built up some fanfare with some shows that were missed or previously unseen, and brought back the host and segments people liked.

stick stickley came back and left, and then they just ran the same episodes of all that and kenan and kel for over a year, occasionally mixing it up in the second hour with less-known shows. instead of trying to mix it up day-to-day by scheduling alex mack, the adventures of pete & pete, space cases, or hell, even throwing in the tomorrow people as a miniseries event, it's the same ol' same ol' day in day out.

angry beavers might be a nice indication of change, since nick execs weren't too fond of the creators by the end of its run.

G0523

nickelodeon failed this lineup. toonami fostered an audience and really built up some fanfare with some shows that were missed or previously unseen, and brought back the host and segments people liked.

stick stickley came back and left, and then they just ran the same episodes of all that and kenan and kel for over a year, occasionally mixing it up in the second hour with less-known shows. instead of trying to mix it up day-to-day by scheduling alex mack, the adventures of pete & pete, space cases, or hell, even throwing in the tomorrow people as a miniseries event, it's the same ol' same ol' day in day out.

angry beavers might be a nice indication of change, since nick execs weren't too fond of the creators by the end of its run.

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of seeing the same episodes of All That and Kenan & Kel. They really should put out some other shows. Hey Arnold, Rugrats, and Doug have been overplayed as well. They even aired some episodes of Hey Arnold and Rugrats that weren't even from the 90s! Man, when Nick knows how to make something stale, they sure do it well.

Zapages

They are showing SNICK tonight on Teen Nick.

with the following shows:

Clarissa Explains it all
All That
Ren and Stimpy
Are you Afraid of the Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom